Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / MY luck

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6665 days, 14 hours, 15 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 15:52 (GMT -5)

Go ahead and post Ekaterin. Wat's your e-mail? *isn't comfortable with throwing his name out into the dark unknown, might get eaten by a grue*

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5766 days, 7 hours, 46 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 16:18 (GMT -5)

My email address is erm1001@cam.ac.uk . I'll post the Pre-RFE tomorrow after Iridia's had a chance to reply. Would you rather be called "Jurne" in my post when I give you credit for coming up with the idea of enthralling? BTW, you may be able to use an alias on rgra too, but real names are more commonly used there than here.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 16:40 (GMT -5)

K, i'll e-mail my realname to you, yes I'd rather be called Jurne, alias is better (IMO).

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 10 hours, 54 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 23:25 (GMT -5)

Re: Uniques

Well, mindcrafters have always had trouble with undead and Chaos creatures. So let's say that enslaving undead is impossible, and enslaving a chaos creature causes corruption kind of like carrying around a corrupting artifact (maybe even an initial blast of chaos energy, enough to cause about one corruption).

That would rule out all the Orb guardians right away, unless you wanted to get yourself turned into a purple j.

Dragons (like Blup's mom and a certain karmic wyrm) aren't humanoid....

Attempting to enslave Khelly or the Eternal Guardian could just make him hostile or kill him... either one makes sense. They, and possibly the dwarven elder, are the only ones you really need to worry about not moving.

At any rate, I wouldn't give a mindcrafter this sort of power until about level 25 at the very lowest...

I like the "going into a blind rage instead of fleeing" deal. That would make trying it quite a bit more dangerous than normally, especially since the subject is probably still at full HP.

Re: Pickpocketing
Yes, that's why I said "successful pickpocketing attempt". You can try again, but you'll never get anything out of it.

My name on RGRA is Danielle... That's not my real name, but I use it as a pseudonym on the Internet so often that it might as well be.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/28/2003 at 01:12 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 at 10:08 (GMT -5)

Okay, I've posted it now. Jurne, do you know how to access rgra?

Iridia, when I talked about taming dragons I was referring to what bards can do already, not to our RFE. (Although I don't actually know whether dragons count as animals in the context of being tamable with music.) Same with the Snake from Beyond - I was just wondering whether a bard could tame it.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

I don't think dragons count... I've never tried it, though. Easy to test, just start up a bard and try to tame Blup...

Hm, the Snake from Beyond as a companion... that would be very cool. But very hard to kill when you needed the orb. :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/28/2003 at 12:53 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 at 17:26 (GMT -5)

Umm, rgra is like at adom.de right?
Ok, i tried e-mailing you yesterday, and i got a weird undeliverable message thing soo
Anthony <-- Is that enuf?

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 05:02 (GMT -5)

Your email got through fine, it must have just been delayed by the stringent anti-spam checking my sysadmin has.

No, rgra (which is short for rec.games.roguelike.adom) is a Usenet newsgroup. You can read and post to newsgroups on the web via Google Groups. You can also use a newsreader program, but I can't help you with newsreaders for Windows because I use Linux.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 13:28 (GMT -5)

OIC, k :-)
I'll go check it out, in a second.
Have a decent mindcrafter started, he's in the ID right now, I dropped off a SoFS summoning (that i started with) in the small cave, went into the ID, and the first door i opened was an explosion trap one. Phew.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

OT: still RE:pickpocketing: Iridia, are you absolutely sure about this? :) At least you can pickpocket(and succeed in doing so) already hostile creatures, I see no reason(and although I rarely play thieves, I can't remember) why you couldn't succeed in robbbing from creatures you make hostile with a pickpocketing attempt. Although I do vaguely recall occasionally getting the 'you fail badly' message repeatedly with thieves with pickpocketing at 100 and so not being able to steal from some of the monsters. Could have something to do with the fact that skill checks are made with a dice of 127 rather than 100.

I think I should test this :P

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 at 02:38 (GMT -5)

Nonono.... When you pickpocket a monster successfully, you can never succeed again (it'll just give you the "you have already cleaned out the *foo* message). If you don't succeed, you can try again. Basically, one item per monster...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2003 at 04:19 (GMT -5)

Seems that I somehow misunderstood your previous posts, all of them.:) What a dumbass I am :P Well, at least now I understand what you mean.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: