Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Lavos has been... Changed?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6332 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 at 01:34 (GMT -5)

No, rune-covered sling is useless IMO, except for all those hurtling archers out there (a great race/class combination, btw).
Well, I'd say... Hmm, that might be a tough game to finish. You don't need the RoI, if you just have a few fireproof blankets and some good eternium stuff on you. Just go and drop all the stuff you don't need in the ToEF to the barbarian glade (don't leave anything that might get destroyed on you).
3 corruptions at that stage of the game is a bad bad thing. I'd suggest you try to get your hands on the SoCR that is located in the HMV, so you need a ring of teleport control, teleport control from pools, or a blink dog corpse. Check your backpack for the ring, and if you don't have a one, you might want to clear out the darkforge and drink it's pools. You've went past khelly already, so you don't need an amulet of life saving, so if you get a wish, you could waste it on Scrolls of chaos resistance, as it seems to be the worst of your problems.
And I wouldn't suggest going to ToEF before you get rid of the mana battery corruption, as digging the walls with a pickaxe takes alot more time and the top level of ToEF has a mean background corruption level, and it's over day 90, which I can guess from the fact that you already have 3 corruptions.

So, SoCRs are what you need. Alot.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7107 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 at 15:18 (GMT -5)

Well, even with the mana battery corruption i have about 6 wands of digging. AndIve already saved 'khelly' and i already got the ring of ice (blessed of course) and i have 2 SoCR already, i guess i could find some more pools and hope for a wish from there.

Spoiler
As for Hawkslayer, how do you get him? i know you have to have the password 'Iceburg' but how do you give that to him? He just says 'Do I know you?'

I only have one fireproof blanket, and I dont want to take any chances (like having my SoCR burning, or my seven league boots.) And when do i use those SoCR? Should i use them now? what do they do (i.e. are they temporary or permanent?)
Thanks.

Are there any other Guaranteed ways to get a SoCR?

(:

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/14/2003 at 15:26 (GMT -5) by Lavos]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3128 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2003 at 17:27 (GMT -5)

He'll ask you the password if you are the right lvl.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 14 hours, 10 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 at 08:29 (GMT -5)

You can get SoCR from the bug temple, giving the weird tome to the mad minstrel and sometimes if you're neutral the dwarven mystic gives you some. Also if you bring very chaotic creatures' corpses to the druid in Terinyo he'll give you a PoCC in exchange. Black unicorns, orb guardians, multi-headed chaos dragon, emperor moloch all qualify but there might be others too.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6332 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2003 at 09:20 (GMT -5)

Blessed SoCR's remove 2 corruptions, except if you're very close to the next corruption, and no it's not permament, you'll still get the corruptions again after a while. So, better to read a one now, and save the another for later, you might need it if you get the poison hands or mana battery again.

But if you've saved khelly already, you should have a heap of 6 SoCRs in your inventory... where did they go?

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7107 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2003 at 20:20 (GMT -5)

Six? I only got two. Do i have to get them somewhere?

(:
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5777 days, 51 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 at 04:07 (GMT -5)

Remember when you saved Khelly, he told you about the orbs, and then he put down some stuff and disappeared in a bright blue light? That stuff included six blessed SoCR. If you didn't pick it up at the time, you should go back to where you found Khelly and collect it now.
Lavos- not logged
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 at 14:59 (GMT -5)

OK, i'll have to check that. I thought i had gotten everything, but i guess not. I'll go back and see.
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 18:43 (GMT -5)

No, i didn't find 6 SoCR there. Are you sure its when he leaves and drops all that stuff?

(:
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3128 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 18:59 (GMT -5)

Yes - you must have been a victim of the most annoying thing in the ADOM world: unnoticed destruction of SoCR.
Some monster must have destroyed them with his breath (or some trap was involved, or maybe water), and you didn't noticed that in the flow off messages.
Poor guy, one wish wasted (1 wish=3 SoCR)...

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 19:07 (GMT -5)

damn... now that sucks. i dont remember it, but thats gotta be it.

(:
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6517 days, 7 hours, 58 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 21:04 (GMT -5)

I seem to lose a lot of my scrolls that way. I wish you could have a lockbox to put your scrolls in, like the money belt to stop stealing of $$$.....

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 4 hours and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 22:12 (GMT -5)

Hmm... that's actually a decent idea, if it were a rare item on the order of 7LB. RFE?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7447 days, 20 hours, 33 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 at 06:41 (GMT -5)

Scroll case?? Definitely RFE material! Maybe a new thread for this?

Icesus
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6517 days, 7 hours, 58 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2003 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

*Grins.* Ok. I'll make one right now.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: