Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Sex [OT]

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7176 days, 3 hours, 22 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 at 23:55 (GMT -5)

Due to the religious beliefs of many of the people on this forum, I thought this topic might be one of interest.

Then again, it's cliched, so why bother. Instead:

Did any of you have nightmares as a child? Reoccuring ones that left you running to your parents bed night after night and being afraid to go to sleep?

I certainly did, I was afraid of death (or something like that) for a long time. I think this, and the common childhood fear of sleeping in the dark, might relate to the nature of existance before birth. This is a notion without much grounding, but I think it may be true.

I have always been afraid of the concept of true nothingness and in my experience I have found that only one other person I have ever met understand this conceptas I do. This fear of nothingness, and the fear that with death I would become this nothingness (return to?) is the reason I had such nightmares of death.

Only after being able to think about the matter in a logical rather than emotive manner did this fear begin to pass. It's something I've tried not to delve into again, though I have had moments where I pushed too far that that overwhelming understanding of nothingness has returned.

Anyway, this thread is OT so please discuss things in here that you find interesting. Relate them to what other people have said, but make them thought out, no random comments.

Of course, true nothingness does not exist in a real way, it's impossible. It defies description too, as you cannot define something without relating it to something else, and that relation itself is something. You cannot connect nothing to something without the nothing being something that you can connect to.
Nevertheless, it's an emotive concept that I have felt and I know at least one other person has felt. And I feel it must exist, however impossible it is.
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7103 days, 13 hours, 12 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 at 18:15 (GMT -5)

I have always been scared of "nothingness". Being alone, with no one there. i used to have dreams like that all the time, especially when i was really young. I know its impossible now, but i still get that feeling. When no one seems to understand what your saying, or doing, and they form an opinion about you before they know you, making you feel that you can never connect with that person again. nothingness. often times that still happens, especially now, with all this stuff going on. even my parents are doing that.

Bad Times.
weve all had them. and it hurts. a lot. even more when you witness someone else going through it all, and theres nothing you can do to help. nothingness again.

anyway, i have no idea exactly what i said there, but ill leave that up to you. BTW lamaros, why did you name the thread that?

(:
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

Because I'm irrevrent, or because I was originaly going to talk about it and then changed my mind but couldn't be bothered thinking of a new thread title. :)
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 at 21:11 (GMT -5)

ah, well....

(:
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 at 22:21 (GMT -5)

I think most people are afraid of not existing, its not death they fear...
I have dreams of crazy stuff, really random, car accidents, crazy disasters that later come true (like the 5/3/99 tornado in OK), and this earthquake dream dealing with L.A. in 2010?
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 19, 2003 at 22:56 (GMT -5)

well, please start dreaming of some happier things! ;P

(:
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 57 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 at 03:31 (GMT -5)

C...

Exactly the same...

People think I'm odd when I tell them I dream of things which often involve extreme violence, when they dream of things like going to class and realizing they've forgotten their homework.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/20/2003 at 03:33 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6300 days, 16 hours, 17 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

Here's a partial list of my dreams;
Bad days at school * always come true!*
Bad car accident in San Fransico (like 20+ cars)
My sis having an operation *true*
Some bombing at some place
Dreaming of other people's dreams
Widespread plague and poisoning
And a quick story
once someone's brother (hehe) had a dream about unicorns, dinosaurs, and a bunch of other fantastic creatures...until they started killing each other, blood all over.

Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

6998 days, 8 hours, 43 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

going to work/school having forgotten certain items of clothing is popular (not just me :p). i used to get nightmares featuring the ugly withc women form gerry anderson's Terrahawks, and being chased by weird cyborgs around something that resembled my house and the area around it. the worst isn't really a dream i don't think, just quite weird. it basically involves a grain of puffed rice like you get in rice cakes held between my thumb and finger. i go to put it in my mouth but it won't fit. my body is normally proportioned and the rice grain fts in my hand but not in my mouth. the scale problem didn't scare me but it's a very unnerving, queesy feeling
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6300 days, 16 hours, 17 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 at 12:30 (GMT -5)

Hmm, I don't have bad school dreams that aren't realistic, except when a certain town got bombed. I once dreamt about a slime ball going around eating farm animals, it exploded and cheetos came out, and somehow that caused all the ocean's life to die out...

Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6513 days, 4 hours, 56 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

LOL. Sounds like something that came out of someone of acid.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

I have some of the weirdest dreams, some that i couldnt even tell you about. But i think the worst are when you have a really good dream, and think its real, only to wake up at 4:30 with the alarm going off, and finding out that it was just a dream, and would never come true.

(:
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 00:22 (GMT -5)

what about moving a little towards the original topic (even though its OT.) what do you think about sex, etc.

(:
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 03:49 (GMT -5)

I dunno, Lavos, it'd be interesting to talk about, but it could get into R-rated territory fast, and there's kids on these message boards...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

6998 days, 8 hours, 43 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 13:05 (GMT -5)

indeed, he's one of them ;) isn't C the youngest? i'm sure he's as bad-mouthed as the rest of us. you could make it a more grow up topic by saying "what do you think of sex before marrige", or something like that
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 13:53 (GMT -5)

And then it would turn into yet another religious topic.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 19:03 (GMT -5)

yeah, it could get R-rated fast, and yes there are kids on this forum (and yes, im one of them.) but what would you really expect when going into a thread titled 'Sex'?

the last thing i want is for this to turn into a religious topic. i think we have enough of those... but i will say that i dont know about waiting until marriage. its the right thing to do, but i dont know...

i am mainly wondering about the Vast difference between males, and females, regarding the drive for it and everything. from what i understand, is that a female can enjoy it, by just enjoying it, while males seem to be different.

thats PG-13 right?

(:
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6513 days, 4 hours, 56 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

female can enjoy it, by just enjoying it, while males seem to be different.

^^^^ What do you mean there?

Yeah, it's PG-13. Remember, PG-13 means upper frontal nudity in the US. (Case in point, Titanic, probably some others)

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/23/2003 at 19:44 (GMT -5) by Jonesy]
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 19:59 (GMT -5)

well, its gonna get R-rated then...

ill put it as well as i can:
females can have no physical pleasure and still enjoy the experience.

but your a male, can you?

that doesnt make any sense does it?

(:
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

Me? The youngest? I always thought it was Drakon... There's worse sh** at school.
OT; on minorities (etc), it's already 2003 and there still isn't a female, gay, or african president, all those movements happened quite a while ago (not too long)... are minorites really in that bad of shape? At least by 2020 there should be a female president.
OnT;(kind of) The girls at my school don't seem to be too feministic, they let boys harass them and crap as the such. They shouldn't take crap from them, and they talk about doing women's traditional roles..."we don't need math"
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 at 22:01 (GMT -5)

Firstly: When saying something like "females are like this, males like this" it's important to prefact your comments by saying you are talking of generalities. Even in the most clear cut cases of differences there are always exceptions to any such comments, and it's important to remember them.

Secondly: Sex is a complicated thing and I would tend to say that you will find as much difference between people of the same gender as people of opposite genders.

Thirdly: Some women want to be houswives, why is there anything wrong with that? The womens liberation is about goving women equal rights and options, if from those options the choose to be a housewife there's nothing wrong with that. It's like having a go a man just because he wants to be a mechanic. Just because it's a cliched gender role doesn't mean it's not a reasonable option.

Fourthly (first and second points expanded?): The difference in the physical sensations of sex between the two genders are largely incomprehensible so yeah, there's bound to be a big difference there. Some men just like ejaculating i'm sure, while some probably enjoy the actual state of arousal. Some might get pleasure from pleasuring their partner and some might just want to be pleasured. Some peopel might want different things and enjoy different things depending on their mood or the person they're with.
Many/most women cannot come from sex, many need direct stimulation. Most/many women don't ejaculate when they come. Many women cannot or do not regulary have multiple orgasams.
Lots of people think sex is 'dirty'. Lots of people thing certain sexual acts are 'dirty'. Lots of people think sex is an act or expression of love. Lots of people don't. So on, so forth.

Most people think sex is confusing, and as far as i'm concerend it is.

Talking about sex as a general topic is rather pointless. I think such discussions only have a point when you relate them to yourselves, and think about yourself.

Very R rated now.
lavos-unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 00:36 (GMT -5)

sorry, i thought i said it was generally. obviously everyone can be different. i dont think its 'dirty' at all.

and where else did you see it going but R rated?
qpax
Registered user

Last page view:

7402 days, 17 hours, 40 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 at 03:00 (GMT -5)

Some women want to be perceived as liberated by all means and do things against themselves. Is that liberty?

As for fears from childhood:

Every time you think about death and fear it, think:
"Was it bad before I was born?"

Sorry for my English.

"I want ye to slay a female goblin slavemaster ghul. Return to me when you have succeded."
Vulgar
Registered user
Necromantic Farmer

Last page view:

4501 days, 8 hours, 50 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 00:31 (GMT -5)

When you sleep at night, and you don't remember your dreams, and you don't remember time passing, and the entire night was just like an empty black hole in time, that is what I feel death would be like. It seems to me that whatever path we take in life, whether it be law, neutral or chaos :), in the end it doesn't matter at all.

As soon as we pass away all the events in our life are forgotten by us, and everything we have done to try and benefit life as a whole is irrelevant. When we talk about facing death, we are not only talking about dying, but we are also talking about losing everything that has meant anything to us in life.

I no longer have nightmares, I no longer care for them. After all, what difference does it make, in the end...?

Should I eat it or make it my undead slave?
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 00:57 (GMT -5)

About 15%

Or was that rhetorical question?

I've had a general anesthetic, that is fucking wierd. It's completely different to a night without sleep. It's like time passes but during that time you didn't exist in any way.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 01:08 (GMT -5)

Vulgar--

One qualification to that: The possibility of an afterlife.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 10:04 (GMT -5)

IIRC I've gotten a general anesthetic only once in my life, when I got my tonsils removed. It was a really strange feeling, just like Lamaros said. The doctor told me I'd taste a slight hint of garlic in my mouth, and just after he said that, I went out, and immediately woke up, a few hours later. Creepy, IMO.

But, this little story is just a memory I have from back when I was 6 or so, might be a bit unreliable :)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/30/2003 at 17:06 (GMT -5) by J.]
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 15:42 (GMT -5)

Yeah, ive had that happen too. Its a very weird feeling. I had passed out once (long story) and though it felt like only a second, it was almost ten minutes. Not quite as long as J.'s but still the same kind of feeling.

(:
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5032 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2003 at 00:27 (GMT -5)

My classmate once fell asleep in class and didn't even notice. When the bell finally rang, everybody was walking out and she said "why is everybody leaving? class is not over yet, is it?"

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user
USSR-obsessed Mad Science Geek

Last page view:

5895 days, 6 hours, 50 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 at 13:49 (GMT -5)

I once had a dream i had to find a magical brown worm to make me older.
Another time, i had a nightmare Adolf Hitler tried to kill me.
You load your crossbow with ammo of Iridia slaying. You hit Iridia exactly and slay her. You a thundering voice in your head booms "THOU SHALT NOT SLAY THE GREAT MODERATOR!!!. YE SHALL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!" Suddenly Jan Erik appears! You are hit by Jan Erik's arrow of banning! You die...
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: