Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / READ, OR DO NOT COMPLAIN LATER

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 6 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7404 days, 23 hours, 30 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 22:17 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah and my final score was 38232 but I have a feeling Jonsey will beat it
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5033 days, 18 hours, 37 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 at 13:27 (GMT -5)

let's try to keep the swearing down.
there are trees all over the level, but you can only see those within your range of vision (press 'H' to see how far you can see). so you were probably trying to teleport to a spot that has trees already.

Spoiler

if you surround both stairs with doors using a wand of door creation, you can create a small room where trees cant get into. trees might be randomly generated in those little rooms, but if you make them 2x3 (eg: against the corner) then you can certainly find an empty spot within the room, kill the tree, and go up/down the stair. not sure if you gotta lock the doors though, but last time i did this i locked them.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/9/2004 at 13:29 (GMT -5) by Taz]
Jonesy*u*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 at 16:16 (GMT -5)

I remember once quitting this char (after I had backed him up) to see what I had/did. Score was something like 23 million, I believe.
Jonesy*u*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 19:09 (GMT -5)

Finally got back to playing my char again, after setting up my new computer. Still in the karmic vault. Killed a LOT of karmic beings. At level 38 now. We're finishing this the 14th? I'd better keep going. My tame Great Karmic Wyrm helps me out in this vault. :-).
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 00:20 (GMT -5)

Thanx Taz that is a great trick to use and I will try to refrain from swearing.
Jonesy*u*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 11:35 (GMT -5)

I cleared out the vault, now I got to sort out all my stuff.
Hell, now I am burdened WITH Atlas on.

The artifact was the Golden Girdle Celestrix. Yes, you heard me right.

Funny thing was, in addition to the Greater Vault of Karmics, there was an altar, a tension room of Fire Giants, and a room full of mimics. Quite the haul.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/11/2004 at 11:42 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6514 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 12:49 (GMT -5)

Things are getting better and better. Upon getting rid of all the crap in my pack, I found I had a couple of PoE. I blessed them, and looked through my rings. Well, 12 rings of fire resistance, won't be needing those. *Dip*.
Rings of See Invisible? Damn. Here goes. *Dip* ! 12 ordinary rings? *Reads blessed scroll of ident* ! 12 rings of Dsjinni Summoning? Nice!

Haven't used any yet. Killed off the master summoner, ate his corpse. I had the elemental gauntlets on, only 1 corruption. Got the Ring of the Master Cat. In the Karmic Vault, I found 3 more artifacts. :-). Better hurry if I want to get it done before the 14th. I'm level 42, currently.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 13:11 (GMT -5)

Nice luck there Jonesy. Going for ultra? Those rings will be great help.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/11/2004 at 13:11 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I'm going for Avatar of Law. Found ANOTHER vault. This time a greater undead. :-/. Used up all my PoGA to get back to where I was. The artifact was Wyrmlance though, good weapon. I'm almost at level 50 right now, just 220945 XP to go.

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6678 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 13:56 (GMT -5)

Wee, Can i join? can i join? well here are my stats

Name:Gul'Thalas
Race:Gnome
Class:Elementalist
Spells:Fireball, Improved fireball, burning hands, monster summoning, frost bolt, fire bolt.
Eye Color:Who cares
Max Hp:103
Max PP:124(IIRC)

The Present: Our Hero stands proud on the battle field. killed hotsenplots whit his super burning hands! He is now looking for coc(btw where is that?:P) He has a 1d6+6 battle axe. "Uh oh" he said "Darn über jackals!" he yells and gets crushed down by horde of jackals "No! DIEEE" he yells in fury! he goes berserker killing 2 of those bastards! he gits hit and gets low hp, he concencrates hard, yells in anger and shoots frost bolts everywhere. Jackals panic. after few bloody minutes he stands victorius, eats his opponents bodies(few of em) and continues. "I needed this" he said while he was eating at clearing. "he was leaving when old barbarian accompanied him "What a idiot, doesnt even help" he thought while fighting against outlaws, finnaly he got back at terinoyjo, bought lots of food and got moving he was coing to infite dungeons, what he did there you will hear soon.

Ok, if u lemme in youll hear more! btw, its night at finland so i gonna go to bed, and tommorrows school(darn it) so ill post after a while. SEE YA

Edit: Eek! got between trolls! "Fools!" he yelled and casted a fireball! bfooom! trolls dead!

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Wanna Hear More?
Yes  No
Check results

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/11/2004 at 14:07 (GMT -5) by @]
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 19:01 (GMT -5)

I'm at level 50. I finished all the things I needed too, got Needle and Sting, and the Sceptre. Also got the ToRR after killing Filk in one turn. I'm on the plane now, battling Andy.

Andy is dead. I won. :-). First Avatar of Order ending.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/11/2004 at 19:10 (GMT -5) by Jonesy]
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 21:49 (GMT -5)

Congratulations to Jonsey for getting the Avatar of Order ending.

P.S to @ dude check you spelling people might get the wrong impression if your looking for coc...LOL! It's the CoC(Caverns of Chaos) and there Northwest of the Old Barbarians Glade and it's Terinyo not terinoyjo same as Hotzenplotz not hotsenplots.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 at 08:27 (GMT -5)

Well, Yeah i type too fast :D.

Heres The Present of Gul'Thalas:

He got away from ID safe and healthy and gained 1 level he's now at lvl 17!! He found CoC(Ps.Yea i know that but i dint know THAT cave was coc :P) and became Arena master in few mins. Now, I have the Golden Gladius!! Yepee! Gul'Thalas Blasted some more arena opponets to dust and shopped for food. Now he is going for Dwarf Town!! Next time i might add all stats if anybody wants :D see ya

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 01:11 (GMT -5)

congrats jonesy :P
what was your score?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6616 days, 21 hours, 43 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 03:27 (GMT -5)

Ssarrs still alive (see page one of this thread). She's lv 23 and now on the cat lord level moving down going for normal closing-the-gate-ending.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 15:56 (GMT -5)

8 million something. The 23 million was a fluke, I expect.

Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 22:07 (GMT -5)

8 million is high enough, man. Highest ending so far. Ending stats? Most powerful item, spells? Any L15 proficiencies?
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 22:20 (GMT -5)

My ending stats were gigantic, as I got lots of PoGA via PoE.

I'll put them up tomorrow, kinda tired right now. I *think* magic missile was the most powerful spell. Most powerful item was probably ToRR or Celestrix. Celestrix is nice, except for the dooming.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 24 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 00:50 (GMT -5)

Okay, finally got a character started... a gnomish priest I'm going to keep on naming after my first kill, because otherwise I forget it the second I use the monster memory to look something up.

Starting stats:
St:11
Le:11
Wi:11 (Starting to notice a pattern yet? :)
Dx:8 (Ouch, clumsy!)
To:13
Ch:13
Ap:10
Ma:17
Pe:13

Already saved Yriggs and gone through the SmC and UD. Going to see if I can clear the vault in the puppy cave next.

BTW, thanks to a wand of wonder, I just found out Hotzenplotz and Co. are vulnerable to death ray!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6616 days, 21 hours, 43 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 06:56 (GMT -5)

Ssarr is dead (see page 1). She died in the Mana Temle.
Final score: 1.830675 Mio.
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7289 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 07:55 (GMT -5)

Meh.My char died a long time ago,and I haven't bothered to ressurect him...oh well.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 12:54 (GMT -5)

my char crashed. There seems to be a bug when using the "drop all"-command no backup, but the hurtling wizard was crowned with whirlwind, at level 14, training magic missile but...
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 19:01 (GMT -5)

Iridia it seems your too late this little thing we had going ended on Janurary the 14th and today is the 15th ask Larrack G the guy who started it.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 at 00:08 (GMT -5)

i think that we can keep going, but we (or rather, Larrack) just decide on the winner now :p
Jonesy won, i'd say

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 24 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 at 17:33 (GMT -5)

Bah. Okay.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 01:48 (GMT -5)

we can start another one though ;)
now that my hols started, i think i'll have until mid february. anyone interested in joining me? iridia, you can probably continue that character if it's still alive.

Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7289 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 01:54 (GMT -5)

I'll join you. :D Well,I won't have much free time,since school is such a pain...

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 05:42 (GMT -5)

Duh my char died long time ago, dint remember to send score, oh well im ready for another one.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 10:06 (GMT -5)

lol, the more the merrier ;)
i'm starting my character on monday. shall we have it till february 15th then? my classes start then. you guys can continue after that, but i'll probably really slow down or completely stop then.

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

Anyways here is my char already :D

Name:Jouni(My Real Name)
Race:High Elf
Class:Archer
Talents:Good Shot,Healthy,Eagle Eye,Far Shot.
Artifacts:None
Now Located:CoC lvl2
Level: 10(Yes, i dint start whole new char but this char is so fun to play so ill stick whit it.)

First i leveled at ID to around 6 and did the Druid quest. Then i went to CoC. Now heading to arena to mutilate some baddies.

I have a ring of cold resistance what is nice if i must fight Li-Hon-Kay.

My armors are:
steel cap[+0,+1]
Elven ChainMail[+0,+5]
Cursed Spiked Boots[+2,+2]
Cloak[+1,+0]

And if anyone wants to know my best skils are:

Archery 100%
Fletchery 89%
Dodge 80%
Alertness 78%

When i get those skills all 100% ill uprgare rest.
80% Dodge& 100% Archery are nice.

[EDIT: Oh, and my star sign is Cup]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/17/2004 at 11:00 (GMT -5) by @]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?