Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / READ, OR DO NOT COMPLAIN LATER

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 6 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6678 days, 14 hours, 48 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

Anyways here is my char already :D

Name:Jouni(My Real Name)
Race:High Elf
Class:Archer
Talents:Good Shot,Healthy,Eagle Eye,Far Shot.
Artifacts:None
Now Located:CoC lvl2
Level: 10(Yes, i dint start whole new char but this char is so fun to play so ill stick whit it.)

First i leveled at ID to around 6 and did the Druid quest. Then i went to CoC. Now heading to arena to mutilate some baddies.

I have a ring of cold resistance what is nice if i must fight Li-Hon-Kay.

My armors are:
steel cap[+0,+1]
Elven ChainMail[+0,+5]
Cursed Spiked Boots[+2,+2]
Cloak[+1,+0]

And if anyone wants to know my best skils are:

Archery 100%
Fletchery 89%
Dodge 80%
Alertness 78%

When i get those skills all 100% ill uprgare rest.
80% Dodge& 100% Archery are nice.

[EDIT: Oh, and my star sign is Cup]

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/17/2004 at 11:00 (GMT -5) by @]
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6514 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 11:46 (GMT -5)

If anyone wanted/wants to read my memorial file, I'll put it in a new post. Since I'm lazy (and have been playing Call of Duty for the past 3 days.... straight), I don't think I'll add a story to it.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7405 days, 3 hours, 10 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 23:47 (GMT -5)

Meh I just got the Avatar of Order ending by cheating in version 1.0.0 so there would be no point...I guess i'm to impatient to play version 1.1.1.

"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5033 days, 22 hours, 17 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 04:31 (GMT -5)

download it quick and join us ;)
i think i might get hte avatar of order ending with a savescummed character sometime soon too. and as soon as i beat the game, i'll completely stop savescumming (let's see if i can really do it, you guys might have to help me, hehe)

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 06:26 (GMT -5)

Jouni is doing wery well, found a flaming orchis axe of might!(-1)[1d7+4] but coz my polemarms skill is at lvl 5 ill continue slying whit my old friend, blessed orchis spear, heh it has +5 to hit ^^ ill go get the golden cladius and change in for the training, cause my spear works wery well, not to mention my good old longbow

Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7405 days, 3 hours, 10 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 22:14 (GMT -5)

I already have version 1.1.1 remember Taz I was in the previous competition and Jonsey won.

"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 00:39 (GMT -5)

couldn't think of a good name so i might change it later (or name him after my first kill...)

Name: Thunder Race: male Drakeling Class: Wizard
Eye color: amber Hair color: bald Complexion: light green
Height: 5'6" Weight: 163 pounds
Star sign: Raven Birthday: 20/Raven (day 20 of the year)

spellbooks of acid bolt, strength of atlas and calm monster.
two rings of the fish

nothing else special...

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 00:52 (GMT -5)

got the see invisible intrinsic from a pool in first level of puppy cave. on my second drink i got a bunch of watersnakes who killed me...

my new character:
gnomish wizard Rocky (renamed after my first kill) born in the month of salamander
St:10 Le:20 Wi:14 Dx:13 To:15 Ch:18 Ap: 9 Ma:23 Pe:13
two potions of invisibility (in two stacks...), a potion of training, books of cure critical wounds and firebolt

i got the 3 terinyo quests (doing healer's instead of druid's) but not sure if i'll finish any of them yet.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 01:01 (GMT -5)

ugh... rocky died too... i killed kranach but his cronies got me. didn't have enough PP to cast cure critical wounds.
i'll only post my next character if he gets to level 10 :P

Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7289 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 01:55 (GMT -5)

Halvon,High Elven Wizard born in the month of the Cup.

My starting spells are Magic Missile and Knock.Well,they're both fine.Atleast I could blast some monsters and avoid door traps...

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 12:10 (GMT -5)

iron fissst, the drakeling monk born in the month of the book just died...

i did the puppy quest (mad race against ants when taking puppy out) then went into the druid dungeon till i was almost level 6. found kranach, killed him and got the reward. was on my way to druid dungeon when i met a wandering wizard. i thought "well, i just killed kranach. how hard can a stupid little wizard be?" so i go into battle...

the wizard summons goblins. i laugh and think "ok, this should be easy exp". pretty soon i'm surrounded and can't run away. he then summons displacer beasts, which are HARD to hit. and then spiders, then werewolves, and then things get messy... first non-savescummed character that rescues the puppy and kills kranach... well, on to my next one...

Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7016 days, 6 hours, 20 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

Is this contest/survey going to happen again. I would sure like to enter.

I didn't have access to a computer for very much of Dec, thus missing out.

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 09:51 (GMT -5)

Here is what my char has been doing,

Not much, got few lvl's and readed a scroll and got spell "Create Item" duh, it need 450pp and i only have maximium 50:P

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 12:24 (GMT -5)

achilles, just join in :P

finally managed to get a character past level 10...

Trish is a female dwarven ranger, born in the month of the sword (or dragon, dont remember, but it's the one with the tactics and weapon marks bonus)

The first boot she found was a "leather boot", which turned out to be 7 league boots. But she only tried the boots on when she found an altar (not risking wearing cursed stuff when a good boot was already equipped)

She managed to save the cute puppy, kill kranach and save yrrigis. Is in pretty good standing with her lawful god (two altars in the village dungeon) but is still at level 10 so can't get precrowned.

She saved herself when she first got to the arena (found two sources of cooked lizards).

She dual wields spears.

Funny how all my male characters died (7 of them today) but my first female is doing so good.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/20/2004 at 12:25 (GMT -5) by Taz]
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

Jouni is now on level 14. He has Won the arena, i killed the older champion whit 1 deadly hit of a mithril arrow of targeting. Mwhaha. Anyway im now on the animated forest, darn those trees! anybody has a flamethrower or sumething? :P

I got many nice stuff like ring of speed[+0,+1](+5spd) ring of cold recistance gloves of dexterity(+2dex) golden cladius small bow of targeting(+0,+6) and few sis :D

Nice going now, my second game when i got past lvl 13! yay. i have now Dodge, Archery and Fletchery skills at 100%! yay! other skills are at 75-80%!! wee.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

Trish was precrowned at level 11 and got the sapphire amulet Preserver [+4,+4], +7 Wi (i hope i remembered that right, too lazy to check nwo).

She's in level 14 now, finished all the dwarven quests (the animated forest was a pain... there was a titan near the stairs as soon as she went down the DH, so she took the safe way... but slaying a large bat to prove her valor was dead easy and killing li-hon-kay wasn't so bad without the ancient mummy wrapping) and received Rolf's Savior as a reward for one of the quests.

She traded the Golden Gladius for new skills, is slowly working through the barbarian's quests (goblin hunting) and is not confident enough to vanquish hotzenplot (not yet...).

Oh, she hasn't done the dwarven gradeyard quest yet.

She's dual wielding adamantinium spears (one of them of the eagle), found 2 potions of gain atributes (one right at teh beginning, though it was unidentified and one in a lesser vault below dwarven halls) but is saving them for now.

Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7016 days, 6 hours, 20 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 02:38 (GMT -5)

Ok...Thanks.

How about a dark-elf beast fighter born in the month of the candle....name of Sabertooth
St:18; Le:7; Dex:20; To:16; Ch:7; Ap:14; Ma:12; Pe:19

I have high hopes...grin-grin

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7289 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 02:53 (GMT -5)

Died...I wasn't paying too much attention on the game.Thus my careless-ness killed my character.Oh well.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 15:03 (GMT -5)

Grr, died.. A animated tree killed me, dunno why.
(whats the matter in this forum, i posted this same message 1 time but nuthing happenned, or is it of my modem?)

My New char:

Name:Torr
Class:Barbarian
Race:Dwarf
Starsign:Book
Str:24(!)
Le:15
Level:2

Wee, this char is super!! 24 str! and i can increase 6 skills per level! yay!

Now i am at Id leveling up.

Ps: Taz, whoa pretty lucky you got.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 22, 2004 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

yep, i'm amazed. maybe i'll stop savescumming/backing up altogether.

she's killed nonack, gotten the elemental gauntlets. finishing off griff was fun: i had killed nonack and most of the undead, so i just led griff around the dungeon, doubled back and poured holy water on his grave.

also killed rehetep (3 vortexes in there! two ice and an acid, i drunk two of my blessed potions of extra healing in there).

trying to get crowned now, but getting from L to L+ is HARD! also started pacifying big room, but can't lock the door, so the clawbugs might escape.

desperately in need of a girdle of carrying, still saving that RoDS.

is at level 16 now, i think. next time i play i'll remember to get a svg

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3607 days, 21 hours, 43 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 at 08:35 (GMT -5)

I started a new char.
He is Chris, the professional killer. He is a dark elven assasin.
he has 10 strength and lv. 6 in VD, searching for an altar and trying to get the healing skill. he is fightng with daggers. has 4 !of poison, 2 mottled and 2 !of water.has 3 short bows and 50 arrows but he is throwing daggers. he also killed Kracach and his friends without even praying. This is my first char that killed kranack without getting his HP under 10.
i thing he's a winner
For the Horde!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/23/2004 at 08:36 (GMT -5) by Mewto]
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 at 15:37 (GMT -5)

Oh holy.. Torr died, but i got new one! even stronger! named Vegeta. he is at level 10, his str is 25!! wooh. He is the champion of the arene, btw i got potion of literate, readed a scrool and got a troll king as companion! heh

taz unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 24, 2004 at 05:13 (GMT -5)

Trish died two days ago :( My connection was messing up and I couldn't post this here earlier.
Below in the CoC, somewhere between the graveyard and the water temple level, she ran into a mimic mastermind and had no chance once she got paralyzed...
She saved Khelavaster (used that RoDS), dug a shortcut through the graveyard in the CoC (also fought a tension room of baby blue dragons there, loads of money, nothing else) and discovered that you can dig a tunnel through the animated forest! If you isolate the stairs at both ends you can dig a tunnel through the bottom and left of the level.

My current character is Liam, the male gnomish fighter. He hasn't done anything yet though :P

I lost several promising characters before I got Liam though, Slanter the gnomish assassin died with a stoneblock on his head (went from 66hp to exactly 0... adom must've done that on purpose), Fire the female gnomish wizard (avoided a fire vortex explosion by casting ice ball then immediately died of poisoning from pit snakes) and Stump the male barbarian hurthling (saved cute puppy then spent 30 days walking around the wilderness looking for Kranach and avoiding all other encounters... he had 200xp to get to level 6. Finally died of starvation due to my carelessness)
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2004 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

A bit late but...

My heroic dark elven beastfighter perished when he challenged a stone giant lord a level below Animated Forrest. He did pretty great, with treasure hunter his potion and wand stocks were really up, found a PoGA early on and other useful potions. He killed Rehetep, Hotzenplotz, Won Arena easily. A bit before he died, he found a tension room full of Greater Chaos Servants and Chaos Wizards. Afraid of getting severely corrupted, he fled only to run into the stone giant lord, which finished him with a thrown rock outside my LoS. Shame, he had real potential in him.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3906 days, 17 hours, 36 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 at 02:02 (GMT -5)

I'm in too started with a Drakeling Beastfighter named Jugos
Got the waterproof blanket and found the stairway down and saved Yrrigs.
About level 8 now.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 at 03:50 (GMT -5)

Jugos is still alive and at level 10 just killed Hotzenplotz without any bigger problems, and now wearing an amulet of order in order to become lawfull beacuse I hate playing as neutral.
Probably heading for th CoC next.
Also brought back the cute dog corpse (didn't manage to save it this time either)

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/27/2004 at 03:52 (GMT -5) by Morio]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 02:07 (GMT -5)

Seems that nobody is other is posting here anymore but I post my info anyway.
So Jugos is at level 11 Thrundarr's first quest was to kill a troll, luckily I had seen one just a few levels above Dwarftown. Got the PoL and my literacy went all the way up to 52.

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 05:51 (GMT -5)

dark elvenn assasin died.
Start a new one.
Gnomish merchant in the month of falcon. got 5 talents. I'm specializaed in rings and wearing already a ring of protection and damage.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 05:58 (GMT -5)

in less than 3 minutes he got to level 6 and now has a blanket, a spellbook and some other good stuff.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 23:44 (GMT -5)

Morio, all my characters are dying before level 10...

Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: