Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / prevered Classes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Alucath
Registered user
Jäger der Leucatropen

Last page view:

7246 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

I just wonna ask, what kind of Chars u like, because I love Rangers, but never hear somebody talking about them. I also like Weaponsmiths, but the Ranger is more fun i think.

So, what do u prever to play, or think about Rangers?
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6526 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 10:15 (GMT -5)

I love wizards :D
And assasins.
But mostly wizards.
Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6515 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 11:26 (GMT -5)

paladins are rock, especially of the dark elven variety. they have practically everything you could ask for.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

I like any magic-using type; they have much more flexibility than a character who can only use weapons.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7103 days, 19 hours, 52 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 12:41 (GMT -5)

bards, priests, farmers, merchants =)
NMBLNG
Registered user
Wrath of the blade of paradise

Last page view:

7195 days, 8 hours, 25 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 20:40 (GMT -5)

Mindcrafters and Elementalists!

Fighters are sometimes fun, and assasins. I should try a D.Elf paladin.... have you tried Dwarven preists? They are pretty much Mage-Warriors. But shorter. And I like drakelings, but I'm not one often because I'm afraid if the ToF.....
Portrait
the mighty NHGH
Registered user
pRAise "BOB"!

Last page view:

7177 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

i usually play grey elvin archers, they're pretty easy and i havent won the game yet so im sticking with them till i do. i like rangers too. and priests. im just not used to spellcasters at all so i cant get far with em.
For the Good "Bob" selleth all, even the least and the last; and all buyers are joyous unto his selling.

And those who knoweth not the Good "Bob" from the Evil "Bob" shall verily sell away their souls, and shall be lost.
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6526 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 at 03:33 (GMT -5)

Hmm, i haven't finished the game either, but i just love wizards so much that i keep playing them, even though people say they are harder :P
I never got past level 21 :D
It was funny, one of my first characters reached level 15, but that was a hurthling mindcrafter, just consider the luck i must have had then :D
After that i had like 2-3 months no characters past level 12, so that was annoying :P
But even though i increase my skill slowly, i do notice it is increasing, so i feel fine with playing wizards :D
Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5620 days, 14 hours, 33 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 at 03:39 (GMT -5)

Wizards rock. They may be hard to begin with but once they get some levels, increase their spell list and get some decent equipment they are veritable killing machines. And having find weakness, healing and herbalism right from start is nice.

Actually, IIRC most of my victories are with wizards. IIRC I got one victory with priest, one with elementalist and the rest with wizards. Not a single meleer to date. At least can't remember one.

Wizards can also be quite effective in melee. One winning wizard (gnome) for instance wiped out most of ToEF in melee, only using spells on the head honcho there and to speed up killing a bit.

J.

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Danielle
Registered user
Queen of Teryino

Last page view:

7151 days, 5 hours, 47 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 at 07:46 (GMT -5)

My furthest toons have aways been melee wizards but I like to play Troll healers, human barbarians and Gnome wizards, last great toon hit 32ish and was a wizard with 50 Will, 2kish in every ball spell and had the rune covered dagger (the poison thingie) so i dueled that and a phase i think, and I was getting all set for needle/sting
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1232 days, 19 hours, 43 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 at 16:55 (GMT -5)

Trollish Beserkers kick mucho butt. Especially if you manage to obtain something like Vanquisher or even a Eternium Two-hander. Be a man and play the True beserker challenge, so much fun :)

Beastfighters are also fun to play, not having to find a good weapon. And if your an orc you can sac them to your god for extra favor
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7047 days, 11 hours, 41 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 at 16:26 (GMT -5)

dwarven melee characters for life
i've had 3 victories, and all of them with dwarves. ranger, barbarian and fighter. i think they are really easy. but that's just because i hate playing wizards and the like because they are so weak in the beginning and you have to be so careful (well atleast i do :P)
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor
Vulgar
Registered user
Necromantic Farmer

Last page view:

4501 days, 13 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 at 07:40 (GMT -5)

Generally, my only played class is Dark Elven Necromancer. Sufficed to say I haven't yet taken out ol' Andor :)
Should I eat it or make it my undead slave?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

NMBLNG, you shouldn't fear the ToEF when playing a Drakeling, with fire res lvl3/immunity you don't take much damage, just get RoI and bring regeneration items/spensweed
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6515 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 at 12:59 (GMT -5)

I actually find the ToEF is easiest with drakelings, cause they get such a huge speed bonus there.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 at 16:29 (GMT -5)

I only play things that can learn spells. I've beaten the game with a dwarven paladin, a dark elf wizard, and a gnomish weaponsmith. With all three characters, I did almost all the killing with melee and used spells for backup.

I'm proud of that wizard... he had at least 3 weapons trained to level 10 or above, and the highest attack spell effectivity he had was 15. I mostly used SoA and teleport. Most wizards have acid ball and burning hands to at least +40, right? Well not me!
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 16:54 (GMT -5)

That's an odd playing style, Some Guy, but if it works for you, I guess it works for you. :)

If you're playing your wizards as primarily fighters with spell back-ups, have you tried playing the tougher races? They start with relatively low mana, of course; but since you don't use spells much, anyhow, that won't be too much of a problem.

Trolls (if you can stand the xp gain and food problems), orcs, and possibly drakelings all fall into that category. Beware their short lifespans; you'll want to use your spells against those ghosts!
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3124 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 19:53 (GMT -5)

Yeah, short lifespans, gotta love it. Imagine drinking from a pool (you have to, you need some 7 league boots, amulet of life saving, rings of ice or fireproof blankets and so on). "Do you want to drink from the pool?{y/n) You age. You feel middle-aged. You feel old. You feel very old." :D Orcs have their pluses, but a ghost bat can be more deadly then a greater titan.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 16:55 (GMT -5)

I wouldn't want to deal with short lifespans or extra food or anything like that. I haven't played anything with a shorter lifespan than a drakeling.

The reason I chose dark elf for the wizard was for alertness and find weakness. Also, I can't stand playing things with low learning, skill increases are very important to me. I used magic for most of the hard fights, so ultimately higher magic power was more important than higher melee power. I cleared D:50 and the tougher levels of the BDC with ice ball, and that worked really well for me, higher effectivity wouldn't have mattered much. (That's right, ice ball. Half the cost of acid ball, hardly destroys items at all, just a bit less powerful.)

A higher initial strength and toughness wouldn't matter either. After herbs and ogre/giant corpses, St and To will both be at least 25.

Aaaaaaand the wizard in question stole the scorched spear from Barnabas' shop right off the bat, making melee a good choice :)
NMBLNG
Registered user
Wrath of the blade of paradise

Last page view:

7195 days, 8 hours, 25 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 18:56 (GMT -5)

I'm starting to like preists. Dwarven Preists make very good warrior-mages. I'll have to try gnomes and elves, too.
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2004 at 02:35 (GMT -5)

Some sy wizards are hard to begin with.
I disagree. with some luck you can get to lvl 6 easily within only holeinthewall. just kill kraf niest, grunge, munge and hotzenplotz. with a bit luck on the wands and you're on your way. and with a drakeling it's even easier since they have their acid. I find it hard to survive in the beginning with non-casters. weaponsmiths rarely make it beyond lvl 8 or so.
archers and assassins have their missiles, so even they are easier than melee. This has something to do with my playing style, because I always do terinyo ->holeinthewall -> smc
my preferred classes: Weaponsmith, Assassin, Wizard, Priest
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2004 at 09:06 (GMT -5)

gnomish priests are good. also dark elvel assasins and grey elven wizard in the month of (don't remember which, but u get extra bonus PP if u're neutral at the begininng).
dwarven weaponsoimth are also good
For the Horde!
FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

7244 days, 23 hours, 21 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2004 at 15:23 (GMT -5)

I prefer elementalists. There's something exotic and deadly about people that control the elements of life you know. Besides, I love the fire spells they get.

Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

Drakling Elementalists born in the month of the salamander, very deadly players. Just goto ID 8-10 after reaching level 8 or 9 to get some more none combat spells. The fire magic bonus from the month your born in makes fire VERY deadly. but train ice magic for the ToEF, and train herbalism for the spenseweed.
Portrait
PowerWyrm
Registered user
Great Wyrm of Order

Last page view:

4513 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 17:38 (GMT -5)

Gnomish Elementalists for quick and easy wins, Dark Elven Necromancers when I'm in the mood for UCGs... dunno maybe I just like freezing everything :p
At the moment I'm playing Hurthling Farmers. It has been a long time since I won with some kind of melee char...
The Great Wyrm of Order breathes light (more) - wow, you feel very smart!
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

6968 days, 17 hours, 39 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 20:13 (GMT -5)

Yeah I think that gnomish wizards are my fave, gotten the furthest with them. Get SOA spell book, then you can carry any book you find and with caster talents you can book cast all day long. Also gotten pretty far with a gnomish bard using a killer bug as a pet, bit worried about how things will go after D:48 though.....
BTW I don't really favour gnomes exclusively, just prefer them for the weaker classes cause they are pretty versatile and level up quicker.
Tell me how to get stronger....
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6300 days, 7 hours and 41 minutes ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 20:51 (GMT -5)

Elven elementalists/necromancers.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6671 days, 19 hours, 41 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 21:39 (GMT -5)

Drakish Wizards :)
You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
the mighty NHGH
Registered user
pRAise "BOB"!

Last page view:

7177 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 21:45 (GMT -5)

can someone give me some starting tips for elementalists? ive been playing them alot lately but i cant seem to live past lvl 10 - 13
For the Good "Bob" selleth all, even the least and the last; and all buyers are joyous unto his selling.

And those who knoweth not the Good "Bob" from the Evil "Bob" shall verily sell away their souls, and shall be lost.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 at 03:41 (GMT -5)

there was a game recorded on andy's webpage. It was a gnomish elementalist in gamma 15. He leveleld him up to lv 15 very fast
For the Horde!
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: