Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Crowning

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

6998 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 10:08 (GMT -5)

hi everybody
i have a little question about becoming a champion... how does this exactly happen?? i mean: do i have to simply sacrifice creatures & stuff until i get the bonus artifacts? or do i have to sacrifice until 'absolutely close' eaasge appears - and then pray '_'?? i've been champion once, and i used the latter option... but maybe this changed in the current version of the game?
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

http://adom.brinkster.net/forum/messages.asp?thread=2982&start=30048&page=1&tmp=30194

yes, you sac untill you get the appropriate message and then pray.
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 10:18 (GMT -5)

approppriate? so is an 'absolutely close' message enough already to be crowned ( i am L+)?

one more thing, what's the difference between 'crowning', 'precrowning' and 'postcrowning'?? that sound weird...
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1227 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 11:13 (GMT -5)

Yes, Absolutely close is the message to get crowned with. You only get it if your at extreme alignment L+ C- or N=, and extremely favored by your god.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 11:32 (GMT -5)

Garand, did you look at the link I posted? The answer to that question was in the second post.
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 12:13 (GMT -5)

but... ehm... i don't know if i am now crowned, precrowned or maybe even postcrowned... and if i am crwned, is it possible to become further postcrowned...? confusing...
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

If You are crowned, the god would have said something like "Mortal, ye have done great service to my cause" You would have gotten a message about immunity, and you would have "Blessed" permanently in your status line
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

yep, that's it then:)

so should i do some more sacrificing now, in order to get this postcrowning thing... or can i just forget about the god now, since i have this cool Sun Messenger bow?:D
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

And after you are crowned, you can get postcrowned, means you get an artifact gift.
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 12:23 (GMT -5)

but how does this happen? any special requirements?
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

Well, you gotta sac stuff until you are extremely close, in some cases you can't get to that but it works on very close.
Then, PC lvl must be > 8 + atifacts generated x 3

This was the formula as I recall it.

Then jsut pray.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 12:39 (GMT -5)

Yes, for postcrowning you need be at least level 8+3 for every artifact generated. So if Suns messenger bow was the only artifact so far, not even the si or moonsickle, you need to be at least level 11
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 13:30 (GMT -5)

i can't really understand how this works...
i think i have like 9 artifacts generated...
and i'm lev 16. so when can i be postcrowned? and how much artifacts will i get then?
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7042 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 14:28 (GMT -5)

if you hvae 9 artifacts generated you must be lvl 8+(3*9)=35, and by that time you will most cerainly have generated even more artifacts so the postcrowning will be very hard to get.

to get crowned you can be any lvl, but you have to be of extreme alignment (L+, N=, C-)
therefore, it is much easier to become precrowned than post-crowned.
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 14:44 (GMT -5)

Yes, but to become precrowned you also need be of non-extreme alignment, another restriction. Its not ~That~ much easier either, just a matter of 3 levels thanks to the artifact generated upon crowning
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 at 12:15 (GMT -5)

hey, now i got to the 'extremely close' status with my diety (one who kills, i have a orcish monk, C) but when i prayed, i got a message, something like 'you feel a shade on your relationship with TOWK'. and he uncursed my items. when i sacced something again, i was 'very close' again...
any idea why did that happen??
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3899 days, 23 hours, 54 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 09, 2004 at 16:04 (GMT -5)

did you pray directly after you got the message?

maybe you had had to many artifacts generated to get precrowned, and since you weren't of extreme alignment you didn't get crowned
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2004 at 10:51 (GMT -5)

i had only the black torc generated back then
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2004 at 13:46 (GMT -5)

what level was your char?
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2004 at 14:18 (GMT -5)

11?

and now it's 15, alignement changed to C-, and the crowning doesn't occur either :/
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5767 days, 7 hours, 14 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 05:22 (GMT -5)

I think "You sense a stain on your relation to TOWK" means that you are cursed or doomed and therefore cannot be crowned. Perhaps you need to unequip the black torc?
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6509 days, 20 hours, 18 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 10:04 (GMT -5)

It happens when cursed (I had it happen about 10 times one game from forgetting to unequip executor). Praying while doomed results in "the gods seem to ignore you."
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Garand
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

black torc?? so the black torc makes you cursed/doomed!? ok, so that's it right there, i was wearing it all the time:/ i didn't know it makes you cursed... thanx:)
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5665 days, 20 hours, 33 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 18:53 (GMT -5)

If you wanna know stuff, head on out to http://www.andywlms.com/adom

Like, what artifacts do and shite. If you wanna find out stuff yourself, don't read the site.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Scarlet Angelfire
Registered user
level 23 grey elf elementalist

Last page view:

7217 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

im a lvl 23 grey eleven elementalist with an L+ alignment, i bin crowned but i cant seem to get post crowned.....i need this cos i all i got was a crappy iron crown of havlor wich is no help in my obbsessive killing of that bitch water dragon seeing that i need my helm of water breathing on.

i cant even get the last closeness message (and ive sacced hundreds of creatures corpses si`s and about 100K gold

(also off topic but i have over 100pc deaths recoreded but i cant get into BUGCAV why?)
I dont believe i let that orb gaurdian kill me!!!!!! i want my artifacts back!!!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 at 15:13 (GMT -5)

the same rules that apply for pre-crowning, also applies for post-crowning (not sure about the extreme alignment) but the lvl >= 8+3*artifact generated sure applies
Scarlet Angelfire
Registered user
level 23 grey elf elementalist

Last page view:

7217 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 at 05:06 (GMT -5)

damn that sux i neeeeed to be lvl 40 not 23 then
I dont believe i let that orb gaurdian kill me!!!!!! i want my artifacts back!!!
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3757 days, 10 hours, 23 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 at 14:04 (GMT -5)

Don't try for post-crowning. It's near-impossible to get to level 40 without generating another artifact. You're best off playing normally; you'll get an artifact from a vault or whatever way before level 40.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
thedrin
Registered user

Last page view:

6019 days, 4 hours, 58 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 at 05:35 (GMT -5)

Just looking to check:

I got a character to "extremely close" yesterday for the first time, at L allignment. My prayers were unanswered. I had full health, pp and stomach with no cursed items being worn. My summary at death (shortly afterwards) showed that I was neither doomed nor cursed.

Is this because I am not yet at the required level to get an new artifact. Don't remember how many artifacts were generated, though I think that it was just the si, or what level I was at.

Not suire that it matters, but the exact message I got was different from the pre/post crowning possibility message listed in the guide.
Guide message: You feel extremely close to -deity-
Message recieved (roughly): -deity- feels extremely close to you.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6509 days, 20 hours, 18 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 at 16:20 (GMT -5)

It's theoretically possible that in the time between the message from sacrificing and praying (even if it was only a turn) your piety went down just enough to drop out of the range required for precrowning. If that was the case, sacrificing a bit more and trying again would have done it. Otherwise you were probably just not high level enough.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: