Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / Quest: Close the Gate

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 4 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5474 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 at 00:51 (GMT -5)

btw this char was generated by adom and is not a product of my imagination. would be nice to have some skill in bows and crossbows later on.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3575 days, 13 hours, 1 minute and 1 second ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 at 08:43 (GMT -5)

"OCC: could the dark hooded figure be khelevaster?
sry spell"

Well that is up the the players. Feel free to continue the story.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 at 19:24 (GMT -5)

OCC: alright here goes.

>"Blessed be thee. You saved me, brother!" Ydreab said.
>"No problem, fella" Answered the person and removed his cloak...

IC: Ydreab saw that he was a truly burly adventurer with many battles won behind him. Xel'lotath asked "would you care to join us?"
the adventurer replied "Naw, maby some other time. I have a long journey ahead of me. perhaps our paths will meet some other day."
Cortez asked "Then what is your name? you deserve our thanks, without your help we would have been killed by the orcs."
the burly adventurer answered "Hawkslayer's me name but I'd better be on my way."
with that Hawkslayer left.
Then a dwarf came running in, looking quite tired.
"Has anyone seen a cloaked shady person! I have been tracking him for three days with minimal food, no rest and no sign of my quarry but a few footprints!"
Latien answered "a man like that just left, he said his name was Hawkslayer."
"ahhh, then I missed him. my spear fell in a hole and it was removed while i was looking for something to fish it out. oh well, no matter."
Then he paused and examined our group "this is a strange comany. What would a good gnome have to do with elves? hah! and a necromancer and assasin at that! Me name's Ruff by the way. Please enlighten me."
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5825 days, 9 hours, 19 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 at 10:34 (GMT -5)

OOC: Enlighten=welcome? Then here it is:

IC: "The gnome is Ydreab, and he is quite a good fighter; the dark elf is called Xel'lotath, a master of daggers and assassination, this hobbit is a master slinger called Cortez, and here am I, the Necromancer as well. Do you really not want to join our company? We're seeking a way to stop the flood of Chaos."
Here he stopped, and Cortez asked:
"By the way. Where is your journey leading?"
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 at 14:07 (GMT -5)

IC: Ruff replied, "My purpose here is to find an ancient sage by the name o' Khelevaster. In one legend only recently translated it is said that he will stop chaos forever. Some say that things will be boring then but I don't think so. No chaos doesn't mean there are no tournaments. And tournaments are exciting; keeps on on your toes eh? Anyways, that is a longer quest. Right at this moment I am also looking for a raider lord, Kranach? Was that his name? The town sherriff wants him dead, and offering a nice reward too. In answer to you seccond question well, if ye are united to stop chaos then I'll join you. Khelevaster might be on the same quest and we may just happen upon him. Would ye be content to pause to search for Kranach? Oh just remembered Someone has also lost her puppy. should be a quick mission we can do afterwards hmm? It would be a nice thing fitting a paladin like meself if you chaotics don't mind. If you are opposed to doing something lawful for a change me, Ydreab, and Cortez can handle the actual rescuing of the puppy."

OCC: summary: Ruff joins company. Offers Kranach and puppy quests. Ruff's main quest is finding (and rescuing) Khelly.

Can we going to do both the Yrrigs and Keethrax quests? My paladin would really like that spellbook of frost bolt and acid immunity, but most(all?) of the others *need* healing. I do have a plan which would make doing both quests quite feasible but would bypass the mechanics of the game.

Major Spoiler (how to get acid immunity)

Spoiler
giant slug corpses give acid immunity and an infinite amount of slugs will be generated if you stay around in the cave. Without a pick-axe or spellbook of slow-monster cats will probably be killed but you can get lucky.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/11/2005 at 14:12 (GMT -5) by F50]
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 12, 2005 at 05:51 (GMT -5)

OC: we need more players :D

IC:

Ydreab pondered a bit and then replied: "Methinks finding and bringing the raider lord to justice is of critical importance now... His party has been terrorising the countryside for too long. And my family lives around there! We must stop Kranach's maraudings...!"
"You're right!", Xel'lotath answered.
"Ye, it shouldn't be too much of a problem", muttered the hobbit.
The company agreed and was already leaving when they heard a voice from behind.
"Wait!"
Rynt, the village elder came running and gave something to Latien.
"This is a thanks for helping our village defend against the orcs! As you can see, it's a wand. A wand of unknown properties, that is... Well, I see that you must go."
Latien carefully examined the wand and said: "Man, it sure is a nice wand! Thanks."
Then the company left to find and kill the evil raider lord. It was noon, and quite sunny.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5825 days, 9 hours, 19 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 12, 2005 at 07:42 (GMT -5)

"First of all, where to seek the raiders?" asked Latien.
"Maybe... behind us?" alerted Xel'lotath.
They turned, but it was just a goblin scout...
"Hey! That may alert the raiders!" Cortez exclaimed. And with this, he flung a stone towards the monster. However, it gleefully parried it with his shield and tried to back away.
"Stop it!" shouted Xel'lotath, and threw a dagger. The goblin jumped sideways, and threw back the dagger; it almost hit Ydreab, who was facing another direction, but Ruff stroke the weapon down.
"It's getting away!" and as Latien couldn't do anything else so quick, he pulled out the newly-gotten wand, and pointed it at the goblin.
A stream of poison stroke out of the wand, and the goblin got it real painful; he dropped dead in seconds. However, he could still shout a warcry.
"what we gonna do now?" yelled Cortez, as a dozen of raiders broke out from the nearby trees in a matter of moments; one of them loaded his bow, and fired...
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 12, 2005 at 16:54 (GMT -5)

OCC: Tywat Pare doesn't actually shout when faced with Kranach, but that is probably a bug.

Elapsed game time: 1 day, 12hr 34min

The missle landed in Ruff armor but didn't manage to penetrate it. Ruff pulled the arrow out and said to Ydreab "You and me, let's get Kranach". Ruff Promtly ran cowardly for the raider lord. Ydreab shook his head and followed remarking, "How can you cowardly run *into* a fight?". Ruff in his haste did not look carefully where he was going and was knocked over by a kobold who tried to finish him off but didn't manage to punch through his armor. Then he pulled out his bow burning with rage. Meanwhile...

Ydreab was falling to the many arrows of Kranach and his gang. Most of the arrows were caught in his armor, but some, often from Kranach himself, got through his armor and took away from his dwindiling life. Ydreab dropped on his knees and was about to pray, but water, courtesy of Blup, removed much of those who were shooting at him so he took care of his wounds and attemted to go further. However Blup, was overzealous and as he washed more raiders, kobolds, and goblins away he also took Ydreab with him. Ydreab spluttered and saw Ruff and the kobold. Ydreab readied his axe to throw but before he did a corpse landed on the kobold, flatening him. "*Yippiyaiyay!*" In a few secconds Rolf found himself covered by detesable goblin corpes, too heavy for him to get out from under. Ydreab remaked sarcasticly "Well the sheriff seems to be having fun!" Coincidentally, so was Latien. Xel'lotath was killing many humanoids and Latien picked up the corpses and contemplated which ones to use for necromacy...

-Maelstrom
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 09:58 (GMT -5)

The company went to the sheriff.
"Finally, the countryside is safe again!" the sheriff rejoiced. "Here, you can have this".
Tywat gave each member of the party two-hundred coins. Ruff, being a dwarf, was in bliss.
"Ahem, yeah, it is not about the money, you know...the Honor. The Honor!" Ruff mumbled.
Cortez was not satisfied; "Only two-hundred a gold piece for dat job?"
Tywat Pare looked at Ydreab and said, "Lucky you, Jharod the healer has just returned from searching for the village carpenter. Unfortunately, he couldn't find him... Ah, here he comes!"
Jharod came running to the gnome.
"Holy pit viper! This man needa healing!"
Jharod closed his eyes, concentrated, and touched Ydreab. In that very moment, his wounds were healed by a shimmering light.
"I thank thee, sir!" thanked Ydreab.

It was around 5 pm when the company left Terinyo again. The weather was cloudy and somewhat sunny.
Latien pondered: "Where should we head next?"
"I say we travel to the western parts of the Chain, across the river." Suggested Ydreab.
Cortez agreed. "I too hast feeling that we should head there".
The company traveled south and planned to go around the great river.

Edit:

OOC: Ok F50, I'll edit it.

The company arrived at a cave entrance.
Cortez said, "This must be the cave the tiny girl was talking about."
"We have headed in the wrong direction!" Ruff said.
Latien pondered, "Well, we are in no hurry and might as well try to find the lost puppy."
They agreed and proceeded to the gloomy dungeons.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/25/2005 at 10:41 (GMT -5) by Echo]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

OCC: Echo, could you edit your post to head for the puppy? I don't think we are finished here just yet. there is the puppy to save, the carpenter to find, and the black druid to kill.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/23/2005 at 20:33 (GMT -5) by F50]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 17:18 (GMT -5)

OCC: thanks Echo. Am I posting too much?

btw the current characters are: Ruff (dwarvish paladin[L]), Cortez(hurthing archer[N?]), Latien(dark elven necromacer[C or C-]), Ydreab(gnomish fighter[N?]), Xel'lotath(grey elvish assasin[C?])

IC: Ydreab and Ruff were quite comfortable in the first level of this dungon. The few monsters were taken out quickly by any of the large arsenal of the company. Then the found the down staircase. "what are those clicking sounds?" asked Cortez.
"It's a dungon, all sorts of sounds are in dungons." Ruff remaked sarcastically.
"I don't think it is just the dungon." said Xel'lotath.
"don't pay attention to them" said Ydreab.
"well here is the down staircase." said Latien.
"Lets explore some more of the dungon." said Ydreab. "there is lots more to see."

After a while, Ydreab were forced to agree, that there was something wrong with the level. "Did you hear that grinding? I keep expecting to find a gnome mining somewhere here."
"I must concur that I've been thinking the same thing about dwarves. There is something odd about this dungon level."

*CLICK**CLICK* *GRIND* *CLICK*

The noises were getting lounder and there was no denying that there was something on the level. something busy. something big. something very, very close...

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Shihna
Registered user
Takai Shisha

Last page view:

6233 days, 6 hours, 2 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 18:57 (GMT -5)

OOC: You're not posting too much. In fact, you're keeping the story alive. ^^;

Xel'lotath is C for now, but it's somewhat close to C-, which means that Latien and I probably won't get along too well with Ruff. - -'

And yeah...I'm back after half a year. x.x;;
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 at 15:10 (GMT -5)

OCC: The Characters; thier talents and levels:

Ruff: lvl 3-4 Alert, Miser, Strong of Will

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Shihna
Registered user
Takai Shisha

Last page view:

6233 days, 6 hours, 2 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 at 18:05 (GMT -5)

OOC: We all have our characters on the first and second pages. It's true that those are Lv1 characters and that we've all gained a few levels since then, but all of our stats, talents, and items are pretty much just for flavor. We could post updated versions if you want, though that would basically just be so that we have everyone on one page and with one character on each post.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/30/2005 at 18:07 (GMT -5) by Shihna]
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 at 10:41 (GMT -5)

Cortez's information:

(Updated a bit... Better Pe, lowered St and Ma, more stones 'n stuff he found along the way :)

Name: Cortez
Sex: Male
Race: Hurthling
Class: Archer
Alignment: LN
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Steel-blue
Complexion: Light
Starsign: Wolf

Experience level: 3

St 9
Le 9
Wi 13
Dx 20
To 17
Ch 10
Ap 11
Ma 8
Pe 18

Speed:
105 (talents quick and very quick)

Equipment:
Leather cap [+0, +1]
Dagger (1d4+0)
Box with flint and steel (20)
Tinderbox (10)
Bundle of 2 torches
Sling (+2, +1)
12 rocks (+1, 1d4+0)
33 rocks (0, 1d4)

Weapon skills:
Daggers 1
Bows 1
Slings 5
Thrown rocks 4

Talents:
Affinity with Slings
Quick
Very quick

That should be enough :)

Edit
----

OOC: Well, I might as well continue the story.

IC: The company prodeeded forward in the tunnel, weapons drawn out and missiled readied. The grinding sound was getting louder, and louder. Soon it seemed to come from very near of them, but the light of their torches did not reveal the source of the noises. The grinding noise grew intensively loud, and all of a sudden something huge protruded from the dungeon floor! A beast of incredible size stared at the company with its gleaming red eyes while the stones and dust slided to the floor off its jet-black chitinous skin.
"Behold! It's a giant ant queen!" Latien cried out. "The steel of our weapons is not effective against it. Back off!"
Latien waved his hands about while muttering some ancient magical formula and cast a cone of sharp ice needles at the beast. The ant queen easily shrugged off the frost and examined Latien with its giant antennae. Then it started to walk towards him. Ruff screamed a warcry and smashed its chitinous armor with his weapon. The blow didn't even manage to scratch the skin of the beast.
"Forget the puppy. Let's save ourselves!" shouted Cortez. The company started to flee but Latien was too concentrated on creating another frost bolt. A strike came unexceptedly when the ant queen pierced his right shoulder with its sharp mandibles. Latien felt the incredible pain and blacked out. He fell to the floor, prone. The ant queen was going to stomp Latien with its legs when Xel'lotath quickly threw a dagger and hit it in the eye. The ant screeched in agony and wandered around aimlessly. The another eye was bombarded by Cortez's slinged rock. The ants eyes bleeded some kind of yellowish fluid. Then it screeched loudly for one last time before falling down. The beast was defeated.
"Way to go!" rejoiced Ydreab. The company was very excited about their kill and almost forgot Latien was wounded. Ydreab went to him, got some green herbs from his pocket and medicated Latien's right shoulder with them.
"Here ye go... Some spenseweed Jharod gave me."

Latien's eyes opened and saw the company gathered around him.
"You okay?" Ruff asked.
Latien saw his wound covered with green weed. He tried to rise but failed due to the pain.
"Any help, would you?"
Ruff and Ydreab helped him on his feet. Despite the frightening encounter with the giant insect the company decided to go on further in to the dungeon. They felt prepared for anything.

OOC: Sorry!! A bit long and boring :P

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/1/2005 at 11:42 (GMT -5) by Echo]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5474 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 at 15:39 (GMT -5)

OCC: not really, I'm going to write one just like it :D .

IC: But they soon figured out how wrong they were. They continued into a large room dotted with piles of rocks which Cortezpicked up with glee. The clicking sound never stopped but the company failed to notice. Then Cortez uncovered a crumpled hole in the ground. He looked around in case of more danger in memory of the giant ant queen.
He whispered to Latien, "Look around, but don't do anything sudden." Cortez told Ydreab the same thing.
"Mates, we have a problem. No one respond until the ants get close."Ydreab said.
"No, not more of these things." said Latien.
"Ach, we'll make this one too. These won't be harder than the queen eh?" said
Ruff. Cortez picked up some more rocks. Ruff tightened his grip on his first hand axe. Latien concentrated, frost bolt ready to cast. Xel'lotath readied a dagger. Ydreab and Ruff posistioned themselves at the back of the company. The ants surrounded the hapless crew. "Now mates!" shouted Ruff. Sssrrrrrrkkk! Thwack! Crunch! Sssrrrrkk! Splat! Ice flew everywhere. Stones pummeled, axes crushed, the air was thick with missles and the sound of clicking. "the termination of these beings is long, long due!" mumbled Xel'lotath. Xel'lotath was later knocked down by an ant.
"Can't chaotic's handle themselves!" an annoyed Ruff remarked as he tripped over a dead ant on his way to help.
"So why are *you* helping them," Ydreab said with a smile "you were felled by a *dead* ant!"
"I do not think this is the time for jokes." observed Cortez.
The ants marched on.
"Let us try to exit this room, its easier to fight in a coridor" said Latien as Xel'lotath drove a dagger into an ant's underside. Ruff arrived at the scene to fell a few ants and trip over the new corpses. Latien froze him in the air and righted him.
"You should try to keep a better balance, or at least a better perception"
Xel'lotath said.
"If you can keep on your feet I'll take the rear and you fight our way the the exit of the room" Yreab offered.
"Very well." answered Cortez. the company pushed forward. Ice and metal making their way. Finally, they made it to the exit of the room.
"Cortez and I can hold the doorway while you go over our new aquisitions eh? Ye have earned it Ydreab." said Ruff eyeing the gold

OCC: Ruff will have Treasure Hunter(lvl 6) by the end of this fight I believe
He got the hand axes from the raiders.

Some suggestions for aquisitions:
gold(always),
sling, crossbow, ammo,
a (weak) spellbook for Latien and Ruff,
food (Its been roughly two days for Ruff and one day for everyone else without food),
other stuff of the kind you would find in a lesser vault.

The battle isn't won but the ants should be weakening by now.

-Maelstrom
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 at 14:16 (GMT -5)

OCC: I've been gone for months and there are still no new posts?

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5825 days, 9 hours, 19 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 07:41 (GMT -5)

OOC: But there will be... So we're in a lesser vault and there are ants in here?
IC: Ydreab mumbled: "Well, just don't stumble over any more ants, will yeh?" and he instantly stumbled over an ant himself. Luckily Ruff didn't see the mistake, so Ydreab had no occasion for a flush.
As he advanced, he found a spellbook, after striking a lost ant down.
"Drat," said he. "At least Latien's got something to chew on. It doesn't look like something for Ruff, however." Then he found a candy. He threw it into his mouth: "Sweet. Gnomish candy; hang on, what do they have to do here, in an ant vault?"
Next he found a few other food items: rotten orc meat mostly, but he managed to get a little fresh bread and also, he managed to collect nibbles and pieces of cakes. "Well, at least we won't live on ant meat only" he remarked.
The next thing he packed up was two moldy bottles of water.
"Umm, where was the gold?" he asked himself, clearly being most interested in it, and food. With a little searching, he found it. "'Bout forty dozen gold," he mumbled. "Wonder, if the ants made this tunnel, they could not have collected more gold?" but he gleefully swept the gold into a sack.
After a little search, he turned back to see the fighters. They seemed to have been tackling the last few.

(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 14:57 (GMT -5)

"Well, that seems to be the last of 'em. Let's go an' find the pup." Said Ruff.
"And hope we don't have to deal with any more ants." said Xel'lotath
"I doubt that we shall find any more of them once we leave this cave level." remarked Ydreab.
"Why is that?" asked Latien.
"Because ants don't just journey to new cave levels unless they are following someone." answered Ruff.
"Why not?" Xel'lotath asked.
"I am not sure." Ydreab answered.
The next cave level passed rather uneventfully. So they ate at the stairs and continued on.
"Which way?" asked Ydreab.
"Straight ahead, north that is."
As they went around the next corner, a quarrel flew past them, nearly taking off part of Ruff's beard. The unfortunate owner of the crossbow was instantly and simultaneously silenced by a dagger, a slingstone, a hand axe, and a stream of ice. Ydreab had barely taken one step towards him.
"Next time, can we engage our attacker in melee?" Ydreab asked.
"A crossbow, I remember using one of these...Ydreab you can take my hand axes, I'll keep the crossbow." said Ruff.
"Ruff, make sure not to tri-" but Latien had tripped over a discontinuity in the cave floor.
"You mean make sure not to trip?" Ruff replied.
"Come on," said Cortez "I've found the stair's dow-"

OCC: thanks alot Battle Bunny!

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

OOC: No problem F50.
IC: "-n." Luckily he didn't trip, although he was close to it.
The next level held no surprise for them except a goblin, who kept babbling something, until Ydreab decided to silence the pest with an axe, when it drew its weapon. And
On the next level, they heard a loud bark and a yelp.
"Yes, the puppy!" exclaimed Ydreab. "Now can we get there quickly?" as Ruff got entangled in a web.
"A moment," he answered as he ripped the web apart. "I wonder, are there spiders?"
"I hope not." Cortez observed as they opened a door.
There it was! The dog however was in a bad state. An army of orcs were advancing from both sides, trapping the dog and the five companions into the medium-sized room they got in.
One of the orcs started consulting with another, or rather arguing. Maybe they were talking about how fine dogmeat is, or maybe gnome-meat?
"We've got no choice!" told Latien as he decided to surprise the orcs with a well aimed blast which froze them together.
As if they were waiting for it, the others all rushed at the party. Ruff tried his new crossbow on the first one; they had limited ammo, so he then switched to his axe.
Latien backed behind the "tanks" and uttered some words. The two orcs, which have thawed, now started to form in a twisted way, and they finally exploded. Only two gruesome shadows remained, which plunged itself on his former companions.
OOC: It's yer decision whether or not do you kill off the shadows.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 at 01:03 (GMT -5)

Ydreab was pleased with his new hand axes, he could now attack enemies before they could reach him. Ruff smiled, for the first time in this journey he was truely in his element. With so many orcs to hack, who couldn't be happy? Rolf asked himself. After many of the orcs had been hacked to the appropriate consistency, the company had spread out. On the left flank was Ydreab, the main fighter, and Xel'lotath, who weaved in and around Ydreab, poisoning six to eight orcs, perhaps slaying one or two, and then retreating for a while. Cortez stood in the mid-left, peppering the orcish assembly with orcs. The two shadows were swiched out by Latien at regular intervals on the right flank. When the orcs managed to make a proper line, Latien lauched streams of ice totaly destroying any order in the orcish fighters. Eventually, the leaders of the unsightly rabble came out, Ruff was knocked flat by two of them. However they were quickly transformed into a smothie by two shadows and a bolt of frost.
Ruff was clearly distraught "Chotics... Ach ...Chaotics... Saved by shadows... UNDEAD!" Ruff muttered under his breath.

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 16:36 (GMT -5)

As the last few orcs either ran or died, they(the orcs) saw that the puppy survived the onslaught. So one of them quickly pulled out a bow and an arrow, and almost fired, but a well thrown hand axe clashed with the arrow. The next thing the orc archer knew, an axe sliced the head off him.
Latien quickly readied himself, and summoned a new creature, which the company never seen before. It was a demonic thing-a corpse fiend.
"Could you stop doing all this mess?" Ruff snapped at Latien.
"Of course, when you get saved by shadows, you don't yell so much!" the necromancer retorted.
"I think it would be a better idea to scram out of this place!" growled Cortez, who already gave an orc-bone to the dog, who wagged its tail happily, and chewed on it.
So the team decided to turn back. Nothing special happened before the cave level with the ants , but then...
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 17, 2006 at 18:37 (GMT -5)

OCC: I really hate that cave level.

IC: as soon as they had set foot on that level they saw an ice vortice and although the company pelted it with many weapons it just would not come down.
Cortez yelled "Ydreab, run at it!"
Although Ydreab did not at all understand this concept, he did so anyways and was promptly pelted with many ice needles.
"Auu- care to explain Cortez?" Ydreab said.
"Vortices explode when you get near them." Cortez replied.
"Yes, but why is that important?"
"You and Ruff may be able to withstand that kind of attack, but the rest of us would not fare so well."
"Ach, lets be off." interuppted Ruff.
So the company continued, but unwisely walked through the massive room created by the ants. A dark elf ambushed them and summoned spiders of all kinds to attack them.
"Spiders! Take cover!" yelled Ydreab.
"Ach, I hate spiders."
The fight did not last long. Latien killed the dark elf with a stream of ice, Cortez slew hordes of spiders. Near the end of the fight Ruff and Ydreab got poisoned. "Here," said Xel'lotath, "eat this spider corpse."
"WHAT!?" retorted Ruff.
"Eat it." replied Xel'lotath, "It will help cure the poison".
"I'll eat of it if Ruff is to scared." offered Ydreab.
"Ach, I'll eat." grumbled Ruff.
"I'll have the one next to it then." said Ydreab.
"let's take some of these, perhaps the shoppkeeper in Terrinyo can keep them." suggested Cortez.
"Maby those...things...can carry some of our stuff." said Ruff.
So the company finally emerged from the cave in which the puppy was lost.

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

After a little walk the company arrived in Terinyo, meeting nothing on the way that posed a real threat.
"We should find that little gal whose property this hound is." told Ruff. "I'm getting tired of the bugga'." he spoke, all the time the puppy trying to lick his hands.
Soon they did so. The girl was actually so happy, she gave each one of the party a candy. Ydreab started to consume it, the others promptly put 'em into their pockets.
"Time to get rid of these creepy stuff," spat Ruff. "No more of these spiders ."
OOC: If anyone really wants and no one else is active, he/she can continue the story. Fair?
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 16:15 (GMT -5)

OOC: aggreed, I dunno, but me and BB might finish this alone in several years so when we do post BB, post at least half of a dungeon when not in the CoC. Btw, I think we can live w/o frost bolt or acid immunity. Besides, those are also generated by the RNG

IC:

Afterwards the village elder, Rynt, came to speak to them.
"A fine job with the puppy, perhaps you would be interested in another quest?"
"'Tis fine with me if tis fine with the others." said Cortez.
"Good, the village carpenter was lost in a cave to the south east, perhaps you could find him and bring him back lest he be in any danger."
"Lets be off then" said Ruff "And perhaps we can leave those pests here?" whispered Ruff through clenched teeth. His plea however, went unnoticed or ignored by the rest of the company. There was little adventure going to the cave, and when the got in the cave, things were so relaxed that the company thoroughly explored each level. On the fourth such level, they discovered Jarhod, the healer.

"Hello traveler, would you like to learn or be healed?"
"Umm, learn please." said Xel'lotath.
"A wise choice, but first you show your ability to exhibit mercy."
"A strange old healer" said Latien.

"An' how do we show mercy, friend?" Ydreab asked. No answer came, and the company moved on. The next thing of importance that happened was the discovery of a spellbook, later discovered to be a spellbook of light. On the sixth cave level, or perhaps it was the seventh, all that the party thought then was that...they found Yrrigs. He had obviously gone insane, it was not a pretty sight. The corpse-fiend tried to attack Yrrigs, but Rolf slew it before it could get to him.
"stop those beasts" ordered Rolf,"Have some mercy for the fellow will yer!"
"That's it." said Ydreab, "that's how we show mercy to Jarhod."
Latien reluctantly helped lead Yrrigs back through the dungeon. When Jarhod saw Yrrigs, he touched him, and Yrrigs was healed. Yrrigs took off at an amazing pace for Terrinyo and, after Jarhod taught the company the art of healing, and gave Rolf a stethescope and scalpel, the company followed far behind.

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

So... reincarnate story or let it fall into chaos?
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 at 13:52 (GMT -5)

OOC: I would prefer if this story gets finished in ten years or so. Even if its only you and me. This story really isn't reincarnated until we have at least three people though. Latien is yours, Rolf is mine. Cortez really isn't anybody's at the moment.

Ydreab and Xel'lotath (Xel for short) are sort of similar to Rolf and Latien.

when/if this gets finished someone will definitely have to repost this clean of OOC's into another thread.

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at 12:49 (GMT -5)

Ok. What about this: Latien and Xel are mine, Ydreab and Rolf is yours. We will just get Cortez along together (Until somebody wants to take over the character.)
Of course, you can still say minor actions for the other character, some pieces of dialogue, like before, or it'd take ages to write every move. Just nothing big, OK?
Then I will just continue.
IC:
"And now what?"
It was Xel who asked the question, but it dazzled the minds of all. The general idea was to tackle the chaos caverns, now that they have done their job and got some dangers in the eastern region, but how?
"I think we should go in the swamps. There could be some-" Latien said, then aborted as he saw (OOC: Wasn't it Ruff? I just realised. I'll write Rolf now, just for safety, but I really think it was Ruff. IC:) Rolf looking at him in an ugly way, and continued: "-some really nice treasures to take along the way."
"Nah," the dwarf replied. (OOC: he was a dwarf, right? If no, correct me.) "I think we should bridge that river in the plains. We could carry some logs from the forest, and try to build a bridge."
"Yeah, but how? That river is certainly a safer way to go if bridged, but it is also very wide and would take great effort." Cortez joined the fray.
"It would only take a couple of days if we are quick, strong and a bit lucky. I'd rather go there than to the rotten swamps in the south." Rolf desparately tried to defend his idea.
"I think we could bridge the river indeed." It was Xel who said this. "But there are some problems. I have heard of a dangerous water dragon living in the southern reaches of the river-the location ideal for bridging, as it's the thinnest-and then there are dangerous water creatures other than the drake as well, like the aggressive and deadly dragon turtles."
Yes, it wasn't a very sane discussion, and this was just what Latien thought. How can anyone short of a master bridgebuilder bridge such a wide river full of deadly creatures? But the company decided to bring it to a vote. After a quarter hour of talking, the group decided to...
(OOC: Your turn to decide)
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 11:39 (GMT -5)

They decided to trudge through the swamp. They encountered a lone Hydra on the way. But thankfully, though it closely pursued them, they did not have to engage it. They passed by a road on the way in the interest that it was much too dangerous because the servants of chaos and who knows what would also travel that road. Instead, they traveled west through the forest until they came across a small clearing. In the clearing they met a old barbarian who told each of them to slay a score of the creature that they had first slain upon entering the Drakalor Chain and he would teach them something. It was the same for everyone...Goblins.

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

"Not more goblins... they are weak, we can't prove our valor with them. What about something formidable? Like skeletons?" Latien tried to work around the goblins, but the barbarian saw that he wanted to trick him.
"It wouldn't prove as a challenge to you, boney guy." Latien frowned at this but decided to hold for now. "And believe me, if you are good, it will be just right for you. If not... well, I could send you out to hunt stone giants."
"Nah, goblins will be very good!" Xel was maybe a bit hasty, but she really didn't want to break all her daggers - and bones - on such powerful beings. Rather the weak goblins then.
With this, they left the clearing to hunt for goblins in the nearest dungeon, which they thought to be to the east, at the road of the High King. It was rumored that there was a very dusty dungeon. Eventually they arrived to a hole, which reeked of death unusual for even a chaos cave. They decided to enter, being very surprised by the fact that the dungeon was not dirty. It was bloody, all the walls were.
There was just one thing the adventurers didn't take into account, and which they didn't realise even now. They were travelling south...

(OOC: The non-descript tunnel could be a quite dangerous place, after all I have encountered shadow wyrms with quite low-level characters. Also don't forget the steel golem before the Darkforge.)
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Go to page 1 2 3 4

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the