Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Training Mana

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5150 days, 13 hours, 14 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

I've never used book-casting much. Is it sure it trains literacy & learning? Does the book get lost? If book does not fade away it AND it train both then its a possible source of unlimited trainings, true.

"Methanol is classified as fatal here. I don't know what kind of consitution the bums in europe possess in order to survive it."
-they probably ate some spiders to be able to resist the poison

My point was that if you could isolate the methanol from a bottle of whisky and drink it in pure form, it would kill you. Ethanol is a very good antidote against methanol, so one can drink a fatal dose of methanol and not even feel it. Which is why some people add too much cheap methanol to illegal booze (making cursed booze) and then it will start killing people.

There are ways of getting booze 100% (you can't by destillation though, then you only get 96%)
If you have access to this, just water it down to 40% or so and its good to use. It should give less hangovers because it contains no harmful by-products from fermentation...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3126 days, 2 hours, 49 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 20:44 (GMT -5)

"Methanol is classified as fatal here."
As is having IIRC over 0,02% (or was it over 0,025?) ethanol in your blood. Which is kinda lame, since in the last 5 years the record in my country was beaten 3 times, currently the champion is a farmer who tried to plow a street running between 2 fields - he had 1,59% of ethanol in his blood and was still capable of driving a tractor. The first two had 1,42 and 1,56%.

"they probably ate some spiders to be able to resist the poison"
Eating spiders is one thing, but the amounts of cheap alcohol which bums here drink is enough to cause liver overgroth, and a resistance to all hydroxy-based poisons.

P.S. No, this is NOT off-topic! Booze=Liquid Mana :D
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/15/2005 at 20:46 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
N(MBLNG)
Registered user
Formerly known as NMBLNG

Last page view:

6891 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 21:18 (GMT -5)

Unfortunatly, you can't determine the proof of ! 'o Mana and such. So thhbpt!!

I know book-casting trains literacy a little, which is good for non-spellcaster classes that have a hard time getting it there. Not so sure on learning, though. But most of my characters have 15Le or more, so I'm not too worried.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: