Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / i need some help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

6793 days, 19 hours, 34 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 at 21:25 (GMT -5)

Ok i have a lvl 20 grey elf priest which is the highest level character ive ever gotten in this game so far (im not too good at surviving lol). i thought i was going quite well: i picked up a cool ring of invisbility that hasnt broken yet and also i found a spellbook or 2 of cure serious wounds which has helped heaps and 3 spellbooks dispel undead which have helped even more. ive done lots of quests and found some artifacts. ive used my invisibilty and dispel undead to kill a skeliton king and got a kool ring and also have killed the guy in the pryamid with the same method for the first time ever

(you may not think that is going well but it is for me ok!)

anyway, i picked up an item called the moon sickle or something like that and since then everything sucks. my god hates me, i have thorns and hooves and 12 eyes and a huge head and heaps of other deformites. i just spent all my money on a spellbook of remove curse and now that horrible item is gone but i havent been able to reverse the effects! will i ever be able to get back to normal standing with gods and have my apearence returned to normal? or am i stuck like this forever

in desperate need of help
nate

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/5/2005 at 23:37 (GMT -5) by Nate]
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 14 hours, 10 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 at 23:11 (GMT -5)

The Moon Sickle causes corruption when used. Read a scroll of uncursing and sell it, and you will be just fine.

If you can find a way to remove those corruptions, that is..
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 05, 2005 at 23:37 (GMT -5)

ya the moon sickle is gone, i just want to know how to get rid of the permenant effects:

A - your antennae explore the details of your environment (Ap:-4) - um that one isnt too bad...
B - you have grown a total of 12 eyes (Ap:-6,Pe:+6) - im guessing pe is perception???
C - Your feet have been transformed into hooves (+8 kicking damage, Dx:-6)
D - Your have grown thorns (3d3 melee damage, Dx:-2, Ap:-3)
E - You have grown horns (+3 melle damage, ap:-4)
F - Your skin is covered by tough scales (PV:+8, Dx:-6, Ap:-4)
G - You have grown a bulging cranuim (le:+6, Wi:+4, Ap:-6, PV:-4, To:-3)

so basicly i seem to have lost a lot of Ap (which i think means apearance) and Dx (which could mean dexterity????)

on the whole these seem like bad things.. are they actually negative effects or is it just me

oh and there is still the fact that i am a preist and my god hates me which i am definately sure is a bad thing. how do i reverse this?

still in need of help
nate
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 03:09 (GMT -5)

Welcome to the wonderful world of corruption Nate! Actually, you *are* pretty lucky - you seem to have picked up some of the more benign corruptions. Corruption plays a big role in ADOM, as you will continue to find out. To remove it, you will need to find special potions or scrolls (you will know which ones when you find them - and there are certain places and people that are guaranteed sources of them). There is also a special quest that you can do to help you with your corruption as well, but you will need to become more powerful first.

To get your god to love you again, maybe you can offer him/her/it some gifts?

Hopefully these hints help. If you want to be spoiled then feel free to ask and I will be more specific (although then you really ought to use the "Spoily" forum). Alternatively, check out the ADOM guidebook - although be warned that it is full of spoilers!

Oh - and congratulations on getting so far!
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6633 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 04:55 (GMT -5)

One big tip: Where you cant get in with the normal way usually contains big treasure.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 05:24 (GMT -5)

thanks for the tips. i will be on the lookout for any special potions or scrolls and im sure i can deal with the corruption for now

a problem still remains with the god though. whenever i try to offer any ammount of items, everything i own is cursed and the god seems even more angry with me

(i found out today from reading this forum that backing up your save file is a type of cheating but ya, lets just say i um "turned back time" so im ok and the complete cursing wasnt permanent :P)

is there a way i dont know about to get a god to like me without sacrificing everything i own at an altar? (also i may be sacrificing at the wrong altar so bear with me if that is the case)
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 06:39 (GMT -5)

Well, you've obviously figured out that sacrificing at an altar get's you in your god's favour. Yes - you do need to sacrifice at the right altar (to make a potentially long story much shorter, you will need one that matches your alignment). Some "gifts" are more valuable than others. Cursed items obviously aren't very valuable! Experienced players also know of guaranteed ways of earning divine favour very easily (although the legitimacy of some of these techniques is open to debate!)
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

The altar i was using was the one in the town with all the dwarfs in it

well i was sacrificing a "strange item" which ive gotten before and is really kool cause it doubles every few seconds which is why i was using those to sacrifice

it was working and i think my god was happy untill i came back a while later after using that dammed moon sickle and when i tried to sacrifice the strange item (which is now called sy or something for some reason) the god got angry.

since i was doing everything the same was i figured it was cause of the moon sickle...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/6/2005 at 20:00 (GMT -5) by Nate]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5772 days, 9 hours, 22 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 06:41 (GMT -5)

Nate, check whether your alignment has changed. I believe that Moon Sickle pulls you towards chaotic.
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 07:32 (GMT -5)

I may be wrong, but I don't think using Moon Sickle affects your alignment. Maybe you did something else instead - like kill a lawful or neutral monster?
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6633 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 11:24 (GMT -5)

Using Moon sickle affect your corruption lvl (in a bad way ;) not your alignment.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 4 hours, 29 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 at 16:52 (GMT -5)

Why do I always become C when I use it, then? I only attack hostile monsters!
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 at 02:09 (GMT -5)

ya i only attacked hostile monsters... um i think

anyway, think my alignment is CN now (from reading the in game manual) so i guesss i just have to do more good stuff to get my lawfullness up (the manual doesnt really specify what is lawful and what isnt so any help there would be awesome)

also i found a hidden room where and old crazy guy game me 4 scrolls labeled (actually i cant remember what they were called, something like KIOSAUHDOS :) ) and they removed one corruptedness thing for each one i read! so im happy now

the hidden room was in the dwarf town and i used teleportation to get inside (i was annoyed when i couldnt dig to get in there hehe) just incase anyone wanted to know
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5772 days, 9 hours, 22 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 at 04:51 (GMT -5)

The easiest way to become more lawful is to wear an amulet of order (preferably a blessed one). If you did the sheriff's quest to kill the crime lord, he should have given you one.

Alternatively, I believe that all the ancient dwarf's quests are lawful, and if you can help a certain sage, you'll not only get another lawful boost but also six more of those lovely scrolls the mystic gave you. (They're called scrolls of chaos resistance or SoCR, by the way.)
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3584 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 at 08:17 (GMT -5)

If you bless the SoCRs with holy water they will remove much more corruption.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 4 hours, 29 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 at 14:53 (GMT -5)

Lawful altars can be used to convert, although this is gets more and more difficult with higher character levels...
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 at 16:26 (GMT -5)

hmm amulet of order eh.... um i think i sold it when i got the ank thing from the mummy :(

and how do you bless stuff, i thought i could use the bless spell but its useless cause you have to target a creature (is there any use for it???)
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 at 00:33 (GMT -5)

Try targetting yourself.

One word: holy water.

Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 at 06:26 (GMT -5)

"you transformed into a writhing mass of chaos" (or something like that) :(

yeah um... i died, i think?

i was save scumming (which i now know its called) a bit but at the time which i backed up the save file i was already too far gone to save myself

oh well, at least i have learnt a lot and will know for next time (sigh), just hope i get a good enough character this time that i can survive for a while and not get bored
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5148 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 at 07:06 (GMT -5)

Just remeber that the moon sickle is evil, and dangerous on your next game. You're doing fine otherwise.
FearThePuppyCave
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 at 15:46 (GMT -5)

How did you transform into goo if you removed corruptions? Don't you have to get them all in order to become the blob?
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 at 18:26 (GMT -5)

ya if that moon sickle spawns im not even going to go near it

oh and this time i kept the amulet of order and blessed it with holy water too :)

im a level 11 lawful human monk now and getting in good standing with my god yay
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 at 19:05 (GMT -5)

nvm, he just died too :(
BattleAxe
Registered user

Last page view:

6339 days, 4 hours, 58 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 at 19:26 (GMT -5)

Though there is another useful thing you can do with the Moon Sickle.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5148 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 at 06:47 (GMT -5)

I can think of 3 things, and none of them include 'w'ielding it
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 at 10:15 (GMT -5)

I think, though I'm not sure, that it can be used rather effectively as a ranged weapon..

Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 at 05:25 (GMT -5)

I started a new character, dwarven priest this time and right now he is lvl 12 and L+ alignment (yay) everything is going much better and my god loves me so much that im spiritually invincible (i only wish i was phisically invincable too lol)

The moon sickle spawned again but this time i didnt try equiping it. i was sad to see that it turned a potion of holy water into a potion of raw chaos and so it couldnt be blessed :(

i was hoping i could make it loose its corruption by blessing it but oh well, back to the drawing board

oh and btw, what are potions of booze for? they dont seem to satitate much and i cant seem to find any other use for them (i have about 10)
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5834 days and 5 minutes ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

They can be 'd'ipped in wands to recharge them, or you can give 'em to the fool, who *might *give you a Potion of gain attributes.
Corrupting items are all like the moonsickle, BTW.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 at 19:45 (GMT -5)

awesome, i can recharge my wands now thats so kool
Portrait
Nate
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 at 21:56 (GMT -5)

ok this is really annoying. ive been reading all the stuff about crowning cause everyone is always talkiing about it and i want to do it too. my alignment is L+, my god is "absolutely close" to me and im not cursed or doomed so how come nothing is happening??? i want to be crowned :(
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: