Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Strategic Question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Elethiomel
Registered user

Last page view:

7678 days, 19 hours, 13 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 16:54 (GMT -5)

Right now I have a trollish monk on level 12 born in Raven with blessed 7lb. He runs away from anything! And he isn't too bad at hitting things over the head either. Too bad he accidentally (hit wrong button) wore a ring of weakness... And in dwarven graveyard too.

Spoiler
Acid traps don't seem to have any effect on that ring. Piffle. I'm agonising about whether to dip that blasted ring in my guaranteed and only potion of holy water before taking on the hordes of undead. I really want to "U"se that potion on that grave though.... argh.

He'll most likely fall to corruption LONG before he has any chanche whatever of completing the game. I'm playing him on a 126x88 character screen... see "Big or Small" thread.

Trollish monks seem to work well though. Troll healer seems interesting. I really want to see the later stages of the game. :\
EnjoyTheSauce
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 at 22:44 (GMT -5)

I usually go for Hurthling Monks (I just love the mental image, and they eat next to nothing) or a Hurthling/Drakish/Human/Gray Elven Elementalist.
Archangel.
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 at 19:46 (GMT -5)

Recently I've been playing a lot with grey elven fighters born in the month of... damn forgot it! Anyways it makes levelling & increasing weapon stats much easier.

Grey elves have reasonably high dx, they are smart enough to learn spells and that starsign makes them level up really fast. I favour DV above PV, so with good equipment, speed and high dx they are almost impossible to hit.(and fighters get DV bonus as they level up)

I really like to play with a great fighter (like a greased lightning!) who has access to effective basic combat spells.
Portrait
Mocha
Registered user
"Oops...i'm doomed?"

Last page view:

7756 days, 22 hours, 17 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 03:23 (GMT -5)

Well...i play spellcasters pretty often... cos i love the way you can clear out vaults with Acid Balls and improved fireballs. Downside is i melt a lot ( A *lot*) and burn away lots (*lots*) of stuff that i fear may be SoCRs or death ray spellbks and other nifty stuff.

I've had some druids that have picked up great demon slaying ammo and other cool arrows and quarrels but i didn't have the Archery skill....i have this bad feeling that even if i equip them druids with a bow and arrows they'll be just flinging arrows at their enemies by hand. Ok this sounds pretty newbieish but if they don't have the archery skill, will they be able to shoot arrows? Or should i just stick to them hurling rocks ( with Whirlwind..hehe). And i presume there is absolutely no way to get the archery skill except by wishing or scrolls of education ......

--"Blam BLAm BlAm...You've just hit urself to death...you die..."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 15 hours, 13 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 04:04 (GMT -5)

You're correct in the fact that you can't get archery skill without wishing or scrolls or so, but it isn't necessary to shoot things. Archery merely gives bonuses to shooting. I presume your druids are elves. Elves have good dex so they are good with bows. You definately should use bows/crossbows with slaying ammo to defeat tough monsters like orb guardians and liches and stuff. Also if you can spare some holy water bless the slaying ammo. They work better.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: