Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / So be it.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3581 days, 1 hour, 13 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 04:52 (GMT -5)

[Iridia's Edit: Removed all-caps.]

I haven't finished. You can lock this thread too if you like but you must not delete it. Oh, heretics. It would be better for you to never have born, woe! I am just saying a few words. Listen.

If the following events take place, you *will* know i spoke the truth and you know the prophecies in the bible and its codes are true. I tell you my friends, you'll see.

-earthquake in december 2005. "repeated 3 (times) in/it".
-world war iii in 2006. I think it is going start around fall. No reason to panic.
-comet collision with earth on 2006. The nasa are liars.
-mondex microchip global implantation. I must repeat myself and tell you to rather escape to the forest than let them put this thing of hell into you.

When these events take place, you will remember my words and you will accept christ jesus our lord as your saviour!

I am not joking. The end of this world is near. Be prepared! This is echo writing, my account has not been stolen. Be prepared. Be blessed!!!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/23/2005 at 20:44 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
'*Chaos Muffin
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 06:58 (GMT -5)

While i think that earthquakes in december is a pretty shaky grounds for the end days, and that wars have been happening constantly for ever, comets hit the earth more often than you would think, and eftpos and credit cards would also count as 'beastmarks', blocking these threads is also pretty silly: this is the general forum for "discussing everything between heaven and earth." So if you dont like reading things that make you all antsy, *just dont read them*
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3901 days, 23 hours, 31 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 11:44 (GMT -5)

imo these posts violate the rules of the forum, which could cause the whole forum to be shut down
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

16 hours, 9 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

Echo: snap out of it man. You should have been around long enough to know that all caps does little to improve your credibility on the net.

Morio: I'm pretty sure crying "the end is near" does not constitute hate speech or any other "firbidden" subjects.

I also don't think the thread needs locking, not yet anyway. If it turns into a flamewar we'll deal with it then.

As for the subject:

Erthquakes happen all the game lots of places, most often no one but the operators of seismographs notice. So it's a safe bet to say that there will be an earthquake (or even 3) of some magniture somewhere on the planet in Descember.

WW III by 2006 seems highly unlikely, but I'm sure someone will be eable to interpret a multi national military operation as a "world war" so I'm not holding my breath about the doomsayers shutting up after 2006...

Comet coliding with earth seems unlikely, comets are quite visible. Astroids on the other hand is another matter. No way to tell they can be quite "sneaky", but even if NASA is "all lies" there are plenty of other people watching the skies.

The chip thing is a joke though. There is no way in hell (pardon the pun) something like that can be implemented globaly by 2006. In large parts of the world you can't even use a credit/debit card yet. I'm sure we'll get electronic implants sooner or later, but a mandatory global implementation by 2006 is beyond even sience fiction. It's just not logisticaly possible.

Finaly some thoughts about prohpecies. In short they are useless.

Either the prohpecy is true, in wich case it measn that history is pre-determined and we don't have free will and can't avoid it, in wich case a prophecy is utterly useless.

Alternatively the prohpecy is false, just a vaguely enough formulaed so that at some point in the future something will happen that if interpreted with a bit of fantasy will look like it might be the prophecy coming true. Alternatively some people will take it upon themselves to make a prophecy come true for whatever reason, in wich case the prophecy does more harm than good.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

These threads will sooner or later develope into a flame war. This thread isn't as bad as the last one (I think it was good that it was closed).

Everyone has a right to an opinion, I don't deny that, and after all this is the General forum, so you can post pretty much anything here, but the caps are completely unnecessary (eventhough yesterday was the international caps lock day http://www.derekarnold.net/capslockday/ ), and also these things always tend to develope into flame wars.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/23/2005 at 14:00 (GMT -5) by Morio]
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5830 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 14:24 (GMT -5)

Stop! I fella the chair laughing! You must already have got the microchip.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6630 days, 16 hours and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 15:22 (GMT -5)

Too bad that the link died out or I'd have postted it. In the link, there'is a picture of an old man carrying a big sign saying "The end was last year... which explains reality T.V. and Ben Affleck movies."
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/23/2005 at 15:25 (GMT -5) by tongHoAnh]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3759 days, 9 hours, 59 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 20:42 (GMT -5)

Oh, hey, I got siggy'd! I feel honored now.

For Mods: Removing all-caps is quite easy to do. Copy the post, copy it into Notepad. Then copy it again, this time into MS Word (the double-copying is to get rid of formatting and copy it into MS Word as plain text). There you will find an option under Format to "change case". Choose "Sentence Case." Of course this method doesn't work perfectly, as abbreviations are often missed and sentences without punctuation confuse the program; but it works well enough for our purposes.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/23/2005 at 20:47 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 21:04 (GMT -5)

Good tip Iridia.

The Notepad step is unnessesary though, you can either choose "paste as plain text" in Word (somewhere on the edit menu), or just copy the raw "source" text after clicking the edit link on the post instead of the HTML formated version.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4959 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 at 21:54 (GMT -5)

Also, in Firefox you can install an extension that converts anything you copy into plain text; quite handy.

The chip thingy is quite scary, though. I tell you, I will be the last person to have them implanted into my body...
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 at 01:39 (GMT -5)

I don't see that it's any different than carrying an identity card. We've already got little ID chips to implant in pets, in order to find them again... Why would it be any freakier to carry an ID chip under your skin, than to carry an ID card in your wallet? Removing one would be a simple matter, anyway, not much more painful than removing a deeply-embedded splinter...

People just get weird about new technology, in my opinion. When it comes to that, the problem with the "mark of the beast" isn't the microchip or tattoo or bar code or whatever; it's the fact that by doing so, you would knowingly be swearing allegiance to a totalitarian, evil government (think Nazis or something of that sort).

There's no need to go getting all "The End Is Coming" about things like that; if something like the "mark of allegiance" thing happens, you won't need some obscure Revelation prophecy to know that evil is evil. All it takes is keeping your eyes open.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 at 06:21 (GMT -5)

World War III on 2006.

Bush is the Beast, son of Satan!

Ratzinger is the antichrist????? or the false prophet?????

The end is near!

"You are worn out; bear up, you shall smite! World war..."
"And they smite you..."
"Israel..."
"In 5766/2006"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/24/2005 at 06:24 (GMT -5) by Echo]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 at 06:43 (GMT -5)

Almost every war on this planet has been caused by religion. Just because you believe in something doesn't mean that everyone else has to believe in the same thing.

People of different religions think that their religion is the correct one, but everyone can't be right, they simply can't.

Sure George W. Bush has done some bad choises, but calling him the son of Satan is a bit too much. No one is perfect, not even yourself, no matter how strongly you believe you are. I bet that if you had the power to do it, your mistakes would probably have been just as bad as those that Bush has done. Maybe not to you but to other people.
People think differently, that doesn't make them evil. You cannot be liked by everyone, no matter how much you want to.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 at 09:55 (GMT -5)

Indeed. There's only one truth out there, really (even if that truth is "Your own beliefs determine what's true for you" or something similarly flexible). Everyone can't be right, which means a good exchange of ideas is needed. With religion, nothing can be proved for sure; otherwise it would be science, not religion; so everyone needs to decide for themselves.

That's why religious freedom is so important; it lets you have the information that gives you the chance to find out for yourself what the truth is. And, of course, a forced convert is no convert at all.

Incidentally, every President for at least the last fifty years has been pegged as the Antichrist by various people. I really wouldn't think the correctness of that guess has changed in that time :)
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/24/2005 at 09:57 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 at 11:16 (GMT -5)

http://exodus2006.com/3code.htm

Bible codes... including the predictions of the asia tsunami, london train strike, bush election and other.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 at 13:17 (GMT -5)

Echo, dear...

*sigh*

You can find anything in any text if you just search for it long enough. The sheer combinations of letters available in such a long document makes it inevitable that you'll find all sorts of things.

Use this test (And this is biblical for determining whether prophets are really prophets):

Look at your Bible code, in the places where it predicts the future.

If it's nonspecific and could apply to anything, it's just about as reliable as a horoscope... i.e., it relies on the human brain's tendency to find patterns and does not actually predict anything at all.

If it predicts the future, and every single prediction comes true, then you can count it as a "true prophet".

If even one prediction does not come true, then it is a "false prophet" and you are not to listen to it.

I'm not talking about predicitons printed after the fact, by the way. I'm talking about predictions made beforehand that come true after they are made public.

Oh, yes: How did they find these "codes"? Glad you asked. *sigh* They looked for things that had already happened.

There's no way to actually predict the future using the "Bible code".

Now, if I remember correctly, it is possible to get messages that are entirely untrue from the Bible "code" if you use certain spacings and arrangements; and, of course, that most arrangements simply give you gibberish. In fact, you could (if you had the time and the inclination) probably find hidden messages and "prophecies" in any given block of text. Some of them would come true simply because of the sheer number of possible combinations.

Conclusion?

What's in the Bible is there for all of us to see. Playing word games does not reveal any more than you get by reading left to right, top to bottom, the same way you read any other book.

[EDIT: Regarding earthquakes: These are daily occurrances. Only a major earthquake is anything to make a fuss about, and these are also actually quite common. So an earthquake in December 2005 is a very safe prediction to make; something like my predicting that there will be a tornado this May: It's a very common occurrance. Now, if this were a prediction for a major earthquake at a specific spot, I might be slightly impressed. Site to investigate: http://wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov/neis/eqlists/eqstats.html ]
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/24/2005 at 13:24 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5888 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 at 21:37 (GMT -5)

And really, Echo, even if what you say is true, what are you hoping to accomplish by rambling on about it? You're just going to make people think you're a nut and stop listening to you altogether. Unless you're actually an atheist and that was your objective all along...
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/24/2005 at 21:38 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 at 09:10 (GMT -5)

I just want all of you my friends to remember that there will be a world war next year so you'll know the codes are true and you'll know that God Almighty exists. The war will start in the times of fall. There'll be a comet collision too, but that could be in any month.

Think about what you are going to say when you're in front of Christ Jesus' great judgement chair.

About the codes a bit... Great scientists and mathematicians have researched the Bible codes and they have no option but to agree that the codes truly are true and have been encoded by a far superior intelligence! I mean, have a look at these my friends:

http://exodus2006.com/elijah.htm
http://exodus2006.com/L0rd%20kyr0N/chip2006.htm
http://exodus2006.com/fab/EU2.htm
http://exodus2006.com/fab/other.htm
http://exodus2006.com/fab/atheism2.htm <- heres one for you atheists
http://exodus2006.com/fab/abortion.htm
http://exodus2006.com/WWar2006.htm

http://exodus2006.com/3code.htm and the list of this sites all codes

edit:
http://exodus2006.com/L0rd%20kyr0N/whoencoded.htm

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/25/2005 at 09:17 (GMT -5) by Echo]
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 at 09:58 (GMT -5)

Far for everyone agree though, you can find simmilar codes in many other books. See for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code#Criticism

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

Also, no one can read the ancient languages exactly as they should be read. The aren't sure how to read God's name (Jahve), since the languages don't use vowels the same way that most modern languages do

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/25/2005 at 11:14 (GMT -5) by Morio]
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 at 12:00 (GMT -5)

With hundreds of codes in this book are too many to be just a coincidence. They are meaningful and they predict natural disasters, assassinations and the like. You just can't prove them wrong. They exist.

Let's see will we find any 'codes' in the following text:

mfsidomsioaghau8wehiuwehfoerojafeorafoienrieurrepn
mdsoifmogmioaerj9dodsnfiuahaewgwegaiihciahiheiwahf
rmeocouyaernoyygbonxniofhweywejkankcjnaoihiuye9rfe
naj9ewhf98ehf9hfisdhsdjhafjewhaewcniawn9ehf98awfwg
msdicma9fg7aegfaw87taweo7tewo7tewafwfjewawefh9faew
cmaa89t3wticvnv9bhawe7wekjnfviobvgsaknewyfnkdsdgtg

I bet there is a code predicting JFK's death there!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/25/2005 at 12:00 (GMT -5) by Echo]
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5830 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

Alrighty, you're not even worth listening to, so close&delete these 2 threads.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 at 22:07 (GMT -5)

I'm not too heavy on the Close/Delete buttons if I can help it... I'll leave this one up to Jan Erik.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 04:11 (GMT -5)

Echo: As I said such "predictions" can be found in other texts too, like in Moby Dick:
http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html

Iridia: Meh, if people find the topic "anoying" they need not view the thread.

I don't think it's particularly offensive, and if we deleted every topic where none of the debaters where likely to change theyr mind this would be one quiet forum :P
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 06:04 (GMT -5)

Just wait and see.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 09:33 (GMT -5)

[sarcasm]I guess we have no choice[/sarcasm]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1229 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 13:43 (GMT -5)

I find it funny someone can be so closeminded.
You're a damn robot Echo.

You aren't going to start the next Branch Davidian cult are you?
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6128 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 at 21:24 (GMT -5)

Its not closeminded, its faith> even tho i dont believe it, i hope echo sticks with it.
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 at 21:04 (GMT -5)

Well as long as he does't go and sell all his belongings and join a suicide cult I suppose there is no harm in it...
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4072 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 at 21:15 (GMT -5)

Sell all his belongings? And stop playing ADOM? Nah, won't happen :)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: