Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Improved Fireball Cost

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5895 days, 44 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 00:27 (GMT -5)

Something funny is going on. I'm late in the game with a Grey Elven Wizard in the Earth Temple, and I have Improved Fireball learned over 3000. It says it should cost 16 pp. However, when I use it, it's using up much more than that. I fired one off with 22 pp left and it says it had to drain my health. I then tried Magic Missiles (which should cost 4 pp) to see if it cost more with them, and it cost 4, just like it should. Is there something funny about Improved Fireballs, or what? I was fully charged up around 535 pp or so, and it took me down to nothing with at most 20 fireballs. Any plausible reason for this?

[EDIT] Alright, I just tested again. I went to the floor below the Earth Temple, waited for my pp to get to 68, and fired off an IF. It took me down to 24 pp. It still says the cost should be 16 pp. So apparently it's costing me 34 pp instead of 16. Twice what it says... maybe that will help?
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/25/2005 at 00:30 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4078 days, 17 hours, 14 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2005 at 16:23 (GMT -5)

Okay, that's strange.

Have you tried casting without any equipment on?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: