Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Some guardian !

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

5984 days, 13 hours, 58 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 at 10:16 (GMT -5)

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but I've been reading you for some time. I like the place and the way you play. I was as surprised as delighted to discover there is an active adom community. I've been playing adom for some time, but still looking forward to my first win. Now here is my post :

Just have to tell ...

For the first time yesterday, I came across a named monster. It was a named bandit and was standing next to the stairs upon my entering of the boring cave. I've hearded of those so I knew what to expect. So I thought :-) The Scorched Spear was lying on the floor while the named bandit try to do me bad. I was just a level 8 H.Elve Priest so I was a bit afraid, but for nuts. I casted Slow Monster on him, ran around the room a bit, picked the artefact and made good my escape w-a-y easilly. A nice uprgrade from my (+1) 1d8+3 spear of defense :-p
And I thought named monster were suppose to be tough ...
Don't bother giving me advice about how to do the named bandit, that character encouter death later on the road :-]
All your base are belong to us.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 at 11:38 (GMT -5)

The named mnsters are just tougher than monsters regularily are on that level.

Anyway, congrats, surges of power are quite rare, and the scorched spear is a quite good weapon in the beginning of the game (and later also)
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 at 14:24 (GMT -5)

Just a bit tougher, hey, so I could have done him, after all. I still think I did the right thing, though : take the weapon and run ! It was fun :->

You know, I loose *so many* characters t that game and it was my first sighting of a surge of power. They must be pretty rare indeed :-)

I'm just thinking of something : letting the artefact lying by itself on the floor is not exactly my idea of guarding it ;-} Do they always do that ? Because if it is the case, I'll know what to do next time: take the money and run !!!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 at 14:40 (GMT -5)

Sometimes the guardians pick up the artifact
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

Does the guardian ever equip/use it ?
Portrait
pernicion
Registered user
High Pernicion

Last page view:

6230 days, 10 hours, 31 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 at 16:41 (GMT -5)

It's possible. I think.

I've had regular monsters equip artifacts on two occasions.

The kobold cringes in pain
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6131 days, 22 hours, 9 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 at 22:04 (GMT -5)

Triluk, the troll picks up the get black battleaxe, Triluk equips the blackbattleaxe, Triluk critically hits you, you are stunned, you are bleeding, your leather armour is destroyed, you die....
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 at 05:43 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
This might not be a well known thing, but if you drop shields in front of the monster chasing you there's a good chance it equips is and wields it, which reduces it's attacks

Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 18 hours, 12 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 at 06:04 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Does this work with TWO shields?

You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: