Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Adom for PSP

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Baron
Registered user

Last page view:

6615 days, 19 hours, 29 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 14:34 (GMT -5)

Was thinking about this for a while. I have been hacking my PSP, and boy would this be nice. All tho...with so many commands....I am not sure if this is even possible. But I would love it...

What do you guys think?
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4070 days, 8 hours and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 at 19:19 (GMT -5)

ADOM? On a PSP? What I think...?

Um... how about HELL YEAH?

You could let the player open a menu with the start button or whatever, you get a list of all the commands, sorted by categories or how frequently they are used, and then choose one out of the list (Make some buttons go 10 up or down at one time so you can browse faster). And all the other buttons you could configure yourself, like if you play as a wizard, you define "X" as "Z" (Cast Spell) or "O" as "r" (Read)? (Of course, all would use some button for the "C" (Talk) command...)

This could *maybe* work. Of course, I don't know if an ordinary hacker could do this.

Also, tiny screen. But you get used to this, right?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4241 days, 7 hours, 18 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 at 06:50 (GMT -5)

Tiny screen would be way too annoying for me - it would be hard to tell items from monsters, or to read the text properly. It is in theory possible of course, but very difficult to impliment I imagine. As Silfir said, start button for an actions menu, X button as space/Z, the others I guess can be customised (L and R to switch tactic settings or scroll menus, triangle for missiles, square for inventory and O for magic is what I'd maybe use). The d-pad would be 4 extra buttons (no use as directional buttons since there's no diagonals). The analogue stick could be set to detect the 8 different directions (though this would be horrible to use, as anyone who plays beat-em-ups would know) but couldn't do the centre direction (5 on the numpad). Thinking about it, the controls would just make it horrible... ADOM for DualScreen would be better - you could have the touchscreen as a mini keyboard and you can just make keypresses with the stick. But the DualScreen isn't as hackable as the PSP...

Overall though I don't personally see the attraction of playing ADOM portable, since when I play it tends to be for at least an hour or so. Any shorter than that and you tend to lose sight of what you're actually doing, or you don't take enough care with the character. It would be nice for the novelty though...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Monstro
Registered user

Last page view:

6515 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 at 07:44 (GMT -5)

Not sure if you're aware (or if anyone cares on this forum!) but you can get Nethack running on the PSP:

http://virtuamunstaz.de/nh/
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4070 days, 8 hours and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 at 09:18 (GMT -5)

Nethack has crappy controls anyway, so it won't be worse on the PSP than it is on the PC.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Gooy
Registered user

Last page view:

5597 days, 16 hours, 13 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 at 21:16 (GMT -5)

Already TOME for PSP exist.

http://forum.t-o-m-e.net/viewtopic.php?t=6408&highlight=psp
Cat lord attacks Wild cat! Wild cat killed!
Gooy says "What the..."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: