Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Broken neck?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4906 days, 10 hours, 18 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 18:31 (GMT -5)

I just had a human priest fall down a flight of stairs. Haven't seen that before, I think it might be mostly to do with the fact that I'm not *usually* walking down stairs at "Strained!". Death message was that I'd broken my neck. Pretty annoying. I was just wondering if anyone has either a)Had this happen to them, or b) Knows how often it DOES happen, and what the criteria are.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6132 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 at 03:56 (GMT -5)

If youre strained! you lose a few hp when you go down stairs, so were you quite injured at the time?
*<< Words go here >>*
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 at 12:29 (GMT -5)

You can sometimes lose a lot of hp when falling down the stairs, so it's very fatal at low levels. Falling down the stairs can also happen when Strained I think, but it happens a lot more on Strained! - a good reason to avoid being that burdened.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4906 days, 10 hours, 18 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 at 20:19 (GMT -5)

CM, I'm pretty sure I was at full health or close to. However, that only meant around 40ish, so I probably was just too wimpy to survive it. I just think that this is right up there with "Choked on your own vomit" as most ego-destroying messages to relay back to the home race. "Oh yeah. Your champion died. He fell down some stairs."
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 at 23:41 (GMT -5)

Being Strained! also abuses DEX.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 22 hours, 1 minute and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

It also does without the !. I think even Burdened abuses DEX, even though not that badly.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 01:08 (GMT -5)

Strained and Strained! never affect my dexterity much. In one of the last games I played, I spent most of the beginning at Strained, and some at Strained!, and never lost a dexterity point because of it. In fact, that character was a boots wearing hurthling, and his dexterity was never abused down for that either. I guess the -2 dexterity is the entire drawback.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 22 hours, 1 minute and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 at 12:40 (GMT -5)

I know for sure my high elven archer lost five or more dexterity points during a complete game, and it definitely was because of being Strained! all the time.

Maybe it depends on how high your dexterity is. My archer started out at 24 or so already.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: