Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Bloody Daggers

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

ChAoSmUfFiIiIiN
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 03:35 (GMT -5)

These kick ass! 2d3+5 damage (roughly), but they kick ass at critical hits and can take down steel golems if you bump them up a bit>
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5143 days, 22 hours, 23 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 18:21 (GMT -5)

Never used 'em much. 1d8 +3 orcish spear is just as good in raw damage and are much more common and useful for D-Fens.

Might be good to train in anticipation of the twain, but they are so good that weapon marks hardly matter anyway.

Can they really take golems? If I fail to find a good weapon I tend to use missile weapons on them (gets my skill up high as well) hopefully with some slayers too.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4241 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 18:38 (GMT -5)

The important thing is the criticals - bypasses PV and multiplies the damage to boot. They're extremely rare though - I think I've seen more phase daggers than bloody daggers.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3119 days, 11 hours, 58 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 09:48 (GMT -5)

Criticals don't bypass PV... At least in my ADOM 1.11 they don't. They do alot of damage so it may seem like if they bypass that 35 PV, but I could whack at a diamond golem all day, doing lots of criticals and didn't even get him to moderate, but switching go a phase dagger got the job done in 4 hits.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 at 08:15 (GMT -5)

spears give great DV for weak classes, like spellcasters, but they just don't do enough damage for fighter classes
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1228 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 at 22:12 (GMT -5)

That and you get -2 to damage when using the standard shield and spear combo. No style points there.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5829 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

Though there are plenty of spear artifacts, from the crappy Bugbiter through the never-used-much Long Sting (only threw it against very tough monsters for some initial damage) through the decent Scorched Spear.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4070 days, 17 hours, 11 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 at 13:39 (GMT -5)

*Every* fighter crowning of mine gave me Long Sting. It is pretty crappy, especially since it's two-handed, and can't be used with shields. Why, oh why am I denied the bracers of war?

The powerful polearms tend to be two-handed anyways... Playing fighters, you should stick to swords, axes, clubs'n hammers and the like.

My suggestion is to use axes. Rolf's Companion for instance is a weapon you *can* use until D:50 and win the game with, as I did recently.
(Although I killed Nuurag-Vaarn with Skullcrusher, but you can always just as well use humanoid slaying ammo on him.)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5829 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 at 14:45 (GMT -5)

One-handed weapons are quite similar. My fave combos:
1. Axe/hammer/sword(Rolf's/Skullcrusher anyone?)+Protector
2. Needle+Sting
3. Phase dagger+shield
4. Dual phases... works for me.
5. Vanquisher and that's it.
Anyway, I dunno what's so bad in True Aim/Thunderstroke. I know, it's one of the crappiest, but one can still load/fire/reload with standard missile.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4070 days, 17 hours, 11 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 at 15:27 (GMT -5)

The crappy thing about them is that you get them as crowning gifts when things like Sun's Messenger or Farslayer COULD be available... That you can equip and use constantly.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: