Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / How long it takes u to "win"?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Seve
Registered user
HallelujaaGobble!

Last page view:

6450 days, 13 hours, 18 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 at 20:05 (GMT -5)

How long time do your characters generally take to win game? I personally find it impossible to do barely anything on the first 90 days.

Tho that my gamestyle is "slow" might have to do with me not yet finishing this game even once in last two years.
HallelujaaGobble!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

about 50-80 days max
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 16:44 (GMT -5)

Okay, I've only won once, but this one did it in 86 days, I think.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

5984 days, 10 hours, 28 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 13:53 (GMT -5)

How can you be so fast ? It usually takes me about 90 days just to get to level 20-22. Again, I am not very proficient in that game, even after all those years ... :-p
All your base are belong to us.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 10:15 (GMT -5)

I finished ADOM last week (once again ^^)
"He scored 1994622448 points (that's nice :) and advanced to level 50.
He survived for 0 years, 58 days, 12 hours, 26 minutes and 32 seconds (89175
turns)."
following just a short story, that might be slightly spoily so:

Spoiler
I played a dwarven barbarian, and iirc I reached dwarftown at lvl 9, didn't find 7LB until later in game, I took down the ACW (in melee) at lvl 19 and the Cat Lord at lvl 20 (that tremendous blow sure rocks), nothing really special happened in the game, I think I got the last 10 levels at D:50. MY main weapon was Scullcrusher which I used after I got crowned at lvl 14 (I would have gotten a precrowning, but I was stupid, and didn't realize that completing the arena quest generates an artifact), I also dual wielded scullcrusher with the eternium dagger from rescuing Khelly, this was done to trin my dagger skill, so I could dual wield sting and needle, which I did for a while, but due to the Scullcrushers humanoid slaying properties, I decided to use it for the balors I took down fisty with 2 tremendous blows. Nothing really useful was found in the water dragons lair, so I just killed the dragon for fun ;D I killed her as a true berserker to give her as little time as possible to panic.

I guess that's pretty much it.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Shea
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 18:55 (GMT -5)

I should try a faster win. I had an old version of ADOM (0.7something) in which there was no top level and you had to just dive to the bottom, win or lose. It was a lot less certain a victory than it is now, because if the game didn't generate it, you had to deal without it. Now you have the infinite dungeon and I think in theory it's a matter of patience to generate any given thing.

My troll priest back then finished in about 52 days. I think I could probably finish in about 40 these days if I were just doing the basic ending and not any fancy-shmancy ending. It involves a lot of boredom in the infinite dungeon, completely bypassing all things but focusing on winning (ignore crowning, puppy cave, HMV, carpenter cave, pyramid, min maze, and maybe *at best* getting only the RotHK and visiting the fire tower.

Really, I think the day you finish is largely unimportant. I set a goal for each game and see if I can do it. I'm going to try a trident win with each alignment right now, at least, hopefully after I can get my current ultimate chaos god done. After that, I just might come back to this board and petition everyone for a challenge... like "hey can you come up with a really silly character type so I can see if I can win with it?" I'm thinking... "Conan the Barbarian Farmer" or maybe "Treva, the drakeling alchemist". :)

Anyway the key to winning in as few a days as possible is to never walk on the surface... visit only what you have to. You might even try to visit Tery for food and walk directly to the CoC to win. Easier said than done, I think.

Shea

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: