Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Need a list of the command

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

ianpwilliams
Registered user
Ian Williams

Last page view:

6078 days, 11 hours, 37 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 09:59 (GMT -5)

I know this is stupid, but where can I get a straightforward text file with a list of the commands that I can print out? I can't find one anywhere and I have no ADOM manual.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5834 days, 2 hours, 9 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

No adom manual? I mean, you open the application, in game press '?' and 'K' or when you start press 'm' and find the one with controls.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
ianpwilliams
Registered user
Ian Williams

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 20:38 (GMT -5)

Yeah I know about the manual in-game, just would have been nice to be able to have a printout of the commands (and quite possibly some of the other stuff) without having to use "print screen", just while I'm learning the game.
ianpwilliams
Registered user
Ian Williams

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 20:55 (GMT -5)

I don't suppose anyone has done or is planning on doing a game boy advance version of ADOM do you know?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 03:59 (GMT -5)

The manual.doc -file that comes with ADOM contains a list of all the commands too.

And I don't think ADOM will ever be available for GBA
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
ianpwilliams
Registered user
Ian Williams

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 06:13 (GMT -5)

I don't see why not...people have done ports of others, like Rogue, Nethack, etc. It would need to be quite a big font though...
ianpwilliams
Registered user
Ian Williams

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 06:41 (GMT -5)

I can't see a manual.doc in the ADOM directory...
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 08:02 (GMT -5)

Rogue and Nethack have an open source code, ADOM doesn't.

I guess you have the winbeta version of ADOM that doesn't come with a separate manual, so here you go:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/morio/MANUAL.DOC
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
ianpwilliams
Registered user
Ian Williams

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 11:51 (GMT -5)

Ahh ok. That's a shame, I hope they release the source code sometime. Thanks for the manual!
ianpwilliams
Registered user
Ian Williams

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 12:12 (GMT -5)

Quick question, how come you can't pick anything up in the wilderness? Whenever I come across objects, I press ; or , or Control-P and it says the same thing, "Not while in the widerness"?
Wily
Registered user
Dirty Hippy

Last page view:

6491 days, 8 hours, 59 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 13:26 (GMT -5)

As far as I know there are no objects to be picked up on the wilderness map.
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 16:39 (GMT -5)

Unless you count herbs, of course.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 6 hours, 34 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 at 19:24 (GMT -5)

"They", the creator of ADOM, Thomas Biskup, has made clear that the source code won't be released. Ever. Keep hoping, though... you never know ;)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
ianpwilliams
Registered user
Ian Williams

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 at 03:49 (GMT -5)

Ok I've got a few newbie questions if anyone would be so kind as to help :

a) I know that each level of a cave, dungeon etc is random, and it seems that way even when you're going back up a level, so this means in theory you could keep going up and down levels or in and out of these caves for as long as you want to get XP? Or is this not in the spirit of the game? Or maybe it's meant to be like that to help?

b) Is the screen you start on always the same? I mean is it like Tristram in Diablo or is it random?

c) What should you do first? I went south from where I started and did a cave there, and went to the nearby settlement (and I think got a quest from a thief master or something?), but where else should I go on the main map? I know how hard this game is and I would like to avoid dying straight away :P

d) Is there a single cave entrance to the "main" dungeon, and a "main" dungeon with a set of levels to the end (like Diablo)? and do all the others always have a lowest level eventually even though it's random? and if there is a main dungeon, then can you teleport back to the surface to buy and sell stuff?

I really want to get into this game because I know I'll love it, well I already do, so I hope someone can help. Thanks!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

a) That is only true for the Infinite dungeon, (the dungeon south of Terinyo), in other places the map is generated the first time you enter the level and then saved.

b) the wilderness map always has the same layout (as does some other places in the game too).

c) I usually start by buying some food from Terinyo, and maybe get a the quests, and then I go to the Small Cave northwest of Terinyo

Spoiler

In that cave I try to find the stairs and the waterproof blanket, and sometimes I pass straight through to the High Mountain Village

d) there is a "main cave" which has a certain amount of levels, and deep in that cave there is a level with a shortcut to the surface.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 at 14:59 (GMT -5)

In further answer to question d) - there's a lot of little locations dotted around the wilderness map, but there is one very deep main dungeon where most of the game takes place. The infinite dungeon, found to the south-east, has no achievable bottom.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 6 hours, 34 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 at 19:04 (GMT -5)

Just listen closely to what the people in Terinyo say after fulfilling quests for them.

Spoiler
"Look out for a forboding place" is the key sentence. There is only one dungeon entrance that is described as "forboding".

You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
ianpwilliams
Registered user
Ian Williams

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 at 20:28 (GMT -5)

ok thanks for the help, looks like a great game
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 22 hours, 52 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2006 at 06:17 (GMT -5)

This is really a great game. It is also not a bad idea to get a character and walk in around the wilderness (it never changes)and look at all the dungeons/go in them. The infinite dungeon is infinite, and you can gain EXP from it, but as you go on you will get bored. This is a main dungeon, but there are loads and you will change dungeons a lot.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: