Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / unholy scriptures of Ni Pregh

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

6109 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 at 20:21 (GMT -5)

I found a tome (just: 'tome') in the small cave, and when i reached the first level of the unremarkable dungeon, i found an isolated corner and read it.

this is the message i recieved:

You study the unholy scriptures of Ni'Pregh. You hear the wind howling. You hear the wind howling. You hear a distant wind. You hear a distant wind. You feel an inner uproar! As you learn the last bit of knowledge from this tract, it dissolves in a cloud of sulphur!

the bit about the wind was just something from the level, but the first line and the last few lines are pretty clearly somethign special.

what just happened?
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 at 20:25 (GMT -5)

about 20 seconds after i posted this, i was killed by a mimic.

in the final notes, there was nothing mentioned about Ni'Pregh, though there was a line saying that i had been slightly tainted by chaos
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 at 05:30 (GMT -5)

the book was probably a tract of chaos, and Ni'Pregh is the chaotic god of your race.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 49 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 at 13:56 (GMT -5)

You can notice is a book is a tract or not by the weight - be careful with them.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 at 16:56 (GMT -5)

what does a tract do?
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 at 16:57 (GMT -5)

what does a tract do?
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4071 days, 1 hour, 32 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 at 18:13 (GMT -5)

The Chaos ones corrupt you, the Order ones heal corruption. All affect piety and shift alignment, I believe... But I don't know for sure.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3900 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 at 03:42 (GMT -5)

If you have enough piety, I don't think you'll get any bad effects from reading the tracts. You get some message about something bad, but in the end it says "...but you seem to be protected by -deity-." oslt.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/8/2006 at 03:42 (GMT -5) by Morio]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: