Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Hmm, a wish to use up

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5054 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 at 16:56 (GMT -5)

Sup everyone!

Got myself a nice little Dark Elven Barbarian going. Lv 21, crowned with Vanquisher, got the RotMC, an AoLS, and some other nifty stuff including bracers of toughness, SoCR, and such. He tore through the ToEF and the Water Temple with ease, and has just taken out a tension room of Ancient White Dragons without breaking a sweat. Currently going through an Ancient Red Dragon vault and found a RoDS. Thing is, I've no idea what I want?

The armour I'm wearing is the Ancient Mummy Wrapping, merely cos everything else I've found has been pretty rubbish. So some good armour could be wished for.

A girdle of Giant Strength, because lets face it, they rock.

What else? More SoCR is definately an option. I just can't seem to think of anything else bar these. And I'd rather not waste the wish. What are your thoughts?

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

NoHandle
Registered user

Last page view:

6490 days, 21 hours, 55 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 at 17:22 (GMT -5)

you have seven league boots yet? Those could be useful
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 46 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 at 17:37 (GMT -5)

Good armour and GoGS certainly seem like the best options. You're likely to find some great armour at some point though - you've just been unlucky so far. If you haven't got SLBs then they're definitely worth it too. Otherwise your character sounds pretty sorted already!
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5054 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 at 17:49 (GMT -5)

Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention that he has the boots. I think its probably going to have to be the Girdle, because like you say, I'll surely find some armour soon. I hope. I just always find it really hard what to go for!
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 46 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 at 06:38 (GMT -5)

Another option would be a ring of weakness if you feel like scumming your strength up to insane levels.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

5791 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

Not-too-bad option: emperor moloch. *lots* of xp and a chance 2 obtain the incredible moloch armor.
since u've got Vanquisher and 7LB there'll be no problem killing all the fuckers (~25), but means of teleportation are somewhat essential as the fuckers can deliver ~300 damage in one attack wit no shit=)

And never forget about crowns of -element- especially the crown of lightning and rings of elemental mastery

All roads lead to chaos, in the end.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5829 days, 21 hours, 3 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 16:54 (GMT -5)

I'd wish for a warm, huggy sheep.
Um, wait, don't try that.
I'd recommend these: dragon scale mails (immunity to element, although the Ancient Mummy Wrapping has one immunity), GoGS (you know already), SoCR (obvious)
AND you can wish for babes. But make a copy if you really wanna try it.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

6109 days, 22 hours, 43 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 19:04 (GMT -5)

dragon scale armor gives you immunities, right?

and kharmic dragons have immunities that change randomly every turn, right? (like all kharmics)

does kharmic dragon armor make you immune to everything?

if kharmic dragon armor is not something that is dropped by killing a kharmic dragon, is it possible to wish for kharmic dragon armor?
NoHandle
Registered user

Last page view:

6490 days, 21 hours, 55 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 19:29 (GMT -5)

Is there even a such thing as karmic dragon armor? I dont thinkt here is, but maybe I'm mistaken.
Zombie_Punk
Registered user

Last page view:

5481 days, 18 hours, 23 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 02:59 (GMT -5)

No, there is no such thing as karmic dragon armor.
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

6109 days, 22 hours, 43 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 16:06 (GMT -5)

has anyone tried wishing for some?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 46 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 17:10 (GMT -5)

It simply doesn't exist. Wishing for one would probably get you a karmic dragon.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3119 days, 20 hours, 15 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 18:00 (GMT -5)

Karmics don't have changing immunities - they have ALL immunities at once, regardless of colour. And only from baby dragons up, the lizards die to everything.
It's the breath weapon that changes.

If you don't have seven league boots, with for some. They're very usefull and very fragile, so you'd want to have some spares.

And if you think you have everything, go ahead and with for a cure puppy. Make the girl happy an' all :)

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4071 days, 1 hour, 28 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 at 19:49 (GMT -5)

If you think you have everything, wish for SoCR, especially if you expect to be taking longer than 90 days.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5054 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 02:15 (GMT -5)

Unfortunately, Ramirez passed on to a better world. Wished for a GoGS, cleaned out the Air temple, got up to lv 27 by cleaning out another red dragon vault, and then decided to assault the Earth temple. Had no wands of digging, but had myself a trusty pickaxe. He started hacking the walls down, a Doppleganger King spawned and beat me into submission. Came back to life and he beat me down again for the killer blow. Damn. Shame you can't teleport. And I couldn't use a wand either, cos I picked up the Mana Battery corruption. Life...........is unfair.

Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4071 days, 1 hour, 28 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 07:34 (GMT -5)

Doppleganger king in an elemental temple? Sad. Did you try to use a scroll of darkness?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3119 days, 20 hours, 15 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 08:45 (GMT -5)

How could you let a doppelganger king beat you?! They're about the easiest monsters to kill - just go on coward tactics and take a weapon you don't know how to use. They'll copy your DV and To-Hit.
Then it's just spells and wands away, kill the copycat bastard :D
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5054 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 12:14 (GMT -5)

LOL. I would have if I could. However I was midway through breaking some rock at the time/ Must've pressed space in my hurry to break it, and then accidentally ignored him as he attacked me. Damn it! Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: