Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / funniest and stupidest deaths.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Arancaytar
Registered user
Pyromancer

Last page view:

571 days, 8 hours, 57 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 at 11:11 (GMT -5)

Not strictly speaking a death, but I just went down the PC with a promising gray elf wizard, whizzed down all six levels (and *up* six levels), found the cute dog right next to the down staircase, didn't realize what I was seeing, and let loose with a lightning bolt thinking it was a silver wolf.

AAARGH.
Move the cursor to the desired position and press [SPACE] when done.
Impossible. Suddenly you stand elsewhere.
You see an ancient altar of black obsidian.
The goblin rockthrower suddenly shouts a prayer to his gods! You are consumed by a roaring column of flame!
Imparciales
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 at 21:13 (GMT -5)

learning the little things in the game comes with
some odd deaths XD

Quite early in the game, my hurthling merchant had summoned an Emperor Lich familiar, which I named Lichi, in Dwarftown. I felt brave enough with his back up and a bunch of potions of invisibility to rush through the the Dwarven Halls. Things got complicated with a bunchload of werewolves of all sizes and after assessing the damage I tried to heal Lichi by throwing him a potion. He got really pissed and killed me before I knew what happened XD
Michael
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 at 07:50 (GMT -5)

From careless (Weaponsmith about to go smithing in UD hitting wron skill and trying to pick Munxip's poclet instead of haggling, then being beaten to death) to downright stupid (starving Druid using Survival unsuccessfully, then being crushed as his Lordly Might spell ran out), I've had more embarrassing deaths than most!
nymersic
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

I've got a new one. Another promising gnome wizard, my favorite, around level 20. Had a huge list of spells (invis, teleport, teleport-control as many have said; also had picked up multiple books of cure light wounds, and had it pretty big). Spamming through a silly rat room (gotta train up that daggers skill!), a rat hits me and I get sick. No fear, I don't even need to waste potions or anything - I just picked up two more spellbooks, and one was Cure Disease! I lock myself in a small room, and read the book...
I had gotten a little chaotic earlier, and was training myself back towards N with the sherriff's amulet of order. You feel a burning sensation around your neck! x62. You die by an unaligned amulet.

Also done the accidentally-hit-4-instead-of-2-in-a-corridor (playing without a number pad), lightning bolt myself seventeen times.

And the sheer number of times I try so many things in a desperate place, forgetting prayer is likely all I needed to save myself...
Michael
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2010 at 08:58 (GMT -5)

I've had another, too: spontaneous dyscalcula; As an accountant, I ought to be able to subtract 17 from 40, but when I cast Heal, thinking it would reduce me to 1, then bump me back up, my character dropped dead on -4HP!
SirMason
Registered user
Paladin of the Shining Citadel

Last page view:

4748 days, 1 hour, 2 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2011 at 16:06 (GMT -5)

Forgot what race/class I was, but I was trying very hard to lure Keethrax onto the level above where a neutral altar was waiting to sacrifice him...lured him into the room where the altar was, being blasted by barrages of balls, had him one space away from the altar.. He casts darkness, I have no light source, the glowing balls start flying... You die...
You pick up the Wand of Do Nothing.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
The Wand of Do Nothing misses the kestral. Come on, it's a Wand of Do Nothing!
froidcoeur
Registered user

Last page view:

4686 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 at 23:51 (GMT -5)

I had a promising level 22 dwarven weaponsmith, had already saved Khelly and done the ToEF. Was walking around in level 20+ of the CoC when I entered a dark room. I walked around trying to look for the down staircase...

"You suddenly feel a chilling cold."

I proceeded to light my torch to see what was happening...

"You see an ancient altar of black obsidian.
The goblin suddenly shouts a prayer to his gods! You are consumed by a roaring column of flame!"

A slightly different version of Arancaytar's death.

Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: