Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Is there any way...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

5795 days, 13 hours, 1 minute and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 at 14:31 (GMT -5)

if anyone knows
is there any way in ADOM 2 get a *certain* monster as a companion?
i mean taming whoever u like somehow or randomly summoning sumthin more versatile then greater earth elementals and wmopc's (and even balors=)
All roads lead to chaos, in the end.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5891 days, 5 hours, 44 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 at 15:35 (GMT -5)

Man... don't put "ADOM" and "2" right next to each other. I think my heart nearly skipped a beat.

I don't know, unless you're a bard with the music skill (or just have high music skill). Sorry :S

[EDIT] Ooor wish?
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/31/2006 at 15:35 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4962 days, 7 hours, 55 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 at 15:39 (GMT -5)

A certain scroll would do the trick, if read in the right place.
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 at 15:51 (GMT -5)

in WHAT place???
kwik-e-mart
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

D:48+ or the mana temple if you want a greater earth elemental and D:45+ or the dwarven halls of you want a balor or wmopc

Note that balors tend to be traitors.
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

5983 days, 18 hours and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

I always get an Earth Elemental when using a scroll of familiar summoning on the Dwarven Hall.

Earth Elementals rock :-)
All your base are belong to us.
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 at 21:28 (GMT -5)

ok, i'm aware that greater earth and fire elems, wompcs, and balors are all u can actually get from a scroll but these are not versatile AT ALL!

and i remember fairly well how i fam-summoned a skeletal king, a chaos warlord and a minotaur mazemaster in diff places (mainly in library)
now all that u get is god-damn earth elems, why??

do not know though whether it was ADOM 100 or 111 back then
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

A little off topic :
In a current game, I read a Scroll of Familiar Summoning in the Dwarven Hall (I prefer to do that rather than the forest) and got as a friend no less then a named black wyvern ! Problem is, I pushed my luck a bit to far by wanting to explore the entire DH and met a Master Lich who injured the black wyrm to the point that it is now afraid of everything, including me. It's now throwing magic bolts at me, me, his dearest friend !

Is there a way to befriend the black wyrm again, I have plans for him ...
KillerClawLobster
Registered user
Ancient Chaos Lobster

Last page view:

6466 days, 19 hours, 33 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 13:30 (GMT -5)

I've gained Ancient Karmic Dragons and Quickling Kings/Queens as companions by reading blessed scrolls of familiar summoning in the Library.
Cristus - as far as getting your wyrm back and friendly, have you tried casting Calm Monster on it? If you have it of course. Only way I can think of...
The All-Powerful Ancient Chaos Lobster is here. Boil some water and melt some butter!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2006 at 14:01 (GMT -5)

You can try chatting to it and offering peace. But I don't think it will ever become your companion again.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2006 at 09:26 (GMT -5)

use the look command and see if its still tame or your companion, if he still is you should just wait (on the same level) until he is calmed down.

-It's now throwing magic bolts at me, me, his dearest friend !

you enslaved him, making him think your his master by using a magic scroll, I would be mad too.
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 at 13:56 (GMT -5)

I don't know 'Charm Monster', yet. The book is still too hard for my character to read ... But I'll be sure to try it when the time comes. That and try 'c'hating to him, even if I don't really expect the wyrm to listen :-)

Thanks for the advice, I'll 'l'ook at him, to check his status.
And good point, ej. I played smart; the wyrm was maybe smarter :-D
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3123 days, 17 hours, 1 minute and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 at 15:44 (GMT -5)

It's CALM monster, not CHARM monster ;)
It can make the monster non-hostile (it usually doesn't work), but it will never make it tame.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5032 days and 29 minutes ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 07:06 (GMT -5)

i remember getting something like a great white wyrm (that might not be the exact name, but it could breathe ice cones and was a white 'W') in the DH with a blessed scroll of familiar summoning.

aside from that, i think that the only creatures you can tame are animals and that scrolls of familiar summoning are too random to get a specific companion.

and wow, i remember maelstrom from when i used to check this forum every day :P
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 11:38 (GMT -5)

Nice to be remembered, especially since I haven't beaten ADOM since back then :D
A realist sees a train.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/22/2006 at 11:38 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

2 Taz:
your signature
is that an outtake?
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 00:36 (GMT -5)

yeah it is, maybe with a slight tweaking. i forget where i got it though. i also had completely forgotten about the sig :P

and i havent beaten adom properly yet either. only won it once with a wizard or druid (probably a gnome), and that was with backing up :D
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 15:48 (GMT -5)

and what was your best attempt?
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 23:53 (GMT -5)

the ToEF if i remember right. what tends to happen with non-backed up characters is whenever i go to a dangerous place i'm extra paranoid and more often than not, i end up backing off and not getting anywhere at all.
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 at 09:36 (GMT -5)

Hey ! I was just thinking. Since my former friend was a NAMED black wyrm, will I get an artefact if I happen to waste him ? <evil chuckle>
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 at 10:53 (GMT -5)

No, all wyrms are named.
A realist sees a train.
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 at 14:45 (GMT -5)

Ah ! Too bad ... I guess I'll have to content myself with my pre-crowning gift : Executor ! I got the Hammer of the gods as a crowning gift but it's not nearly as good.
Portrait
FUNKtional Key
Registered user
A Die-Hard Tactician

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 at 16:21 (GMT -5)

2 Taz:
well why not using some piece-o-cake char 4 the first win?
elven rangers and archers, trollish beastfighters and barbarians, gnomish elementalists, any dextrous thieves (with Heir of course) and especially trollish healers under candle will do fairly well
imho playing one of the above and using well-known and approved tactix (e.g. gremlin scummin) leads 2 almost a guaranteed win
i mean no doubt, go for it, man=)
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 at 23:26 (GMT -5)

i have a very promising gray elf archer, as well as several wizards and druids (these are all pretty low level though, 7-12, i think) as well as a dwarven mindcrafter. right now i'm working on the mindcrafter, and quite enjoying it :P i had lost a really promising beastfighter (found an altar before the si level, was working towards two precrownings before a crowning. had the levels for that too) to two necromancers, a werewolf and a black wizard... all at the same time, while sac'ing creatures for precrowning.

anyway, yeah, i'm working towards beating the game properly, i'll let you guys know if i manage to do anything interesting :)
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 at 02:20 (GMT -5)

so i'm using the old computer now and decide to create a character and play recklessly just to pass time. got the starsign sword, so i went with orcish beastfighter. got past SMC, found a lawful altar, converted it to neutral, got converted to neutral, went down one more floor and found 7 league boots. almost got killed in a tension room in that same floor so i went back to the altar floor, now i saved it and will wait till my brother is done with my computer so that i can play this one properly :P
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5148 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 at 05:07 (GMT -5)

Just go slow, and let your unarmed damage build up. Remember that you can get a precrown at level 8 or so. Odds are you get a weapon which will be useless for you, but IF you get lucky that can win the game for you (bracers of war, preserver, body armor would rock for you now)

If you dont get crowning, at least build up piety so you can get holy healing a bunch of times. Remember to use Gods healing help, being happy with God is no good to a dead char (well mabye he gets to go to heaven, but YOU don't care about that, aight?)

Go slow, build exp, and train a missile skill too even if you dont need it now.

And P.S, if you want to win easy, make a grey elven wizard, hang in ID till you get 20 spells, and then rock the game.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/26/2006 at 05:07 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 08:47 (GMT -5)

he just died...

i went back out through the SMC and got to level 10 in the infinite caves, then i went back to the altar, made a few live sacrifices (not close enough to get precrowned yet), decided to go to the village in the middle of nowhere (i'm bad with names, the one surrounded by mountains). went through a lot of trouble avoiding a cave tiger and lion (those boots really helped), only to be paralyzed and killed by a ghull two floors down... i went from 112hp to zero just like that :(
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

oh, one more thing. i tried sacrificing melee weapons but my god wasnt interested in those offers, what's up with that? :-/
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3904 days, 19 hours, 48 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 09:36 (GMT -5)

what kind of weapons did you try saccing?

BTW, welcome back Taz.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4074 days, 22 hours, 14 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 20:07 (GMT -5)

If the weapons are too cheap, the gods won't take them... Apparently, even if you're an orc. (Trolls can sacrifice normal rocks just fine, though, can't they?)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: