Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Initial Talents

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Morb
Registered user

Last page view:

4720 days, 10 hours, 34 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 at 22:49 (GMT -5)

Just to know what actually determines the amount of avalaible talent at the begining.

I know that bards and gnomes gets +1 talent so does the one under the correct birth sign. I also think the rest is modified by the character learning score.

I would also like to know if it would be possible for a gnomish bard under the right birth sign to have 6 talent (treasaure hunter + heir ... :P)

On an other subject, I would like to know how to bypass the (maybe spoiler here)

dwarven portal wich block a staircase in the cavern of chaos

thanks in advance.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5886 days, 7 hours, 41 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 at 00:55 (GMT -5)

There are two ways to open up that passage, Morb...

(In order to read the text in the black box below, click and drag over it to highlight it)

Spoiler
The first, and best way, is to talk to Thrundarr, the Dwarftown elder, about "portal". He will give you a quest to slay a master necromancer in a dwarven graveyard that is in the bottom right corner of the world map, down and to the left of the infinite dungeon, and pretty much straight down from the outlaw village. You go there, find the necromancer (and the undead dwarven chaos berserker) and slay them. Once the necromancer and the dwarven berserker are destroyed, return to Thrundarr and simply 'C'hat with him. He will acknowledge the completion of the quest and open up the portal. There are some other things that it's good to know about regarding the dwarven graveyard as well, but I won't say those here :D In particular, two artifacts. That's all I'ma say...

The other option is to teleport Thrundarr away from the switch he's sitting on top of, killing him, or somehow luring him away from where he sits. This is dangerous, since it can sometimes make all of Dwarftown hostile. Once Thrundarr has moved from where he normally sits, you can move onto the switch and 'h'andle it yourself to open the gate.

Note that the first method is definitely the best, since you get some good gear for completing the quest, as well.

As far as your talents question goes... I remember it being possible to get six talents... it goes something like...

Spoiler
1 talent regardless
1 talent for special star sign
1 talent for being a gnome
1 talent for mana being 18 or higher upon start
1 talent for all stats added up being divisible by some number
1 talent for something else... I don't remember what though...

I hope this helps... I can't remember what gives you the sixth talent though. Argh.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Morb
Registered user

Last page view:

4720 days, 10 hours, 34 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 at 02:03 (GMT -5)

thanks a lot !
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4070 days, 11 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 at 09:22 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Bards or farmers, and I think merchants get 1 additional talent

You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3118 days, 18 hours, 58 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 at 10:15 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Hurthlings also get an extra talent, not just gnomes

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/3/2006 at 10:15 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

Ah, that's right. Thanks for the correction, guys.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4240 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 at 18:05 (GMT -5)

There's really no need to put the talent info in spoiler space - it's in the manual! Just to clarify, if the sum of your stats is divisible by 7 you get 1 extra talent. The appropriate birth signs are Candle or Falcon.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 at 01:20 (GMT -5)

Ooooh ho ho ho... no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere in the guidebook...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: