Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Starting the Descent

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5058 days, 9 hours and 42 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 09:50 (GMT -5)

Right, I got bored, so I've started my dive into the ID.

Pretty nifty character, got lots of PP, knows Teleportation and Magic Map through the roof. Armed with plenty of stomafillia to keep me going.

Had to reload my game though 4 times :S. Once cos we had a power cut, and I was playing, and three other times cos of bloody bug crashes. I'm not counting this as cheating, since none of the aforementioned incidents were my fault. Wonder how far I can get him till he karks it.

FORWARD THE WHITES!
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6130 days, 17 hours, 36 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 19:57 (GMT -5)

What is your Nifty character?
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 02:06 (GMT -5)

Still got Pendarric my friend. He's currently at Lv 214. I've got a good feeling about him!

May the mysteries be unsolved!

---------------
Ladies and Gentleman, tak my advice. Pull down your pants....and slide on the ice
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 at 14:37 (GMT -5)

Woooooo, at ID: 1364, and still going strong. Quickling Lords/Kings/Queens are the scariest thing around right now. And even a rat can beat me up!

Sargoth
Registered user
Bard

Last page view:

4961 days, 23 hours, 21 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 at 19:33 (GMT -5)

"Some monsters seem to appear from nowhere!"
http://tankefel.blogspot.com/

So far you have only killed one wild cat.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5619 days, 19 hours, 54 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 01:36 (GMT -5)

PeanutGod: Wow ! I guess permanent invisibility would be very useful in deep ID dive. I guess most monsters still can't see invisible and if you could bookcast TP with TC you could just skip past non-invis-seeing monsters without fighting them.

Of course one better have a lot of AoLS handy in case a invis-seeing monster just pops up from around the corner...
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

I wish to say some very bad news...

Pendarric died *cries*

He walked around the corner, and a Titan hit him. Considering he had 991 HP or something, and was taken to -292, he did a HELL of a lot of damage.

He died on level 1392.

And no Amulet of Life Saving. My own fault really.

I found the best things to help the Dive are: Invisibility, teleportation, magic map, and death ray. And occasionaly magic missile for tension rooms of Great Karmic Wyrms, or Great White/Black/Blue/Red Wyrms.

The first three are a given. Not many monsters can see you, and all you need to to is magic map, see the stairs and teleport.

As for Death Ray..........couldn't have got to that level without it. WHAM.........dead creature. Tension room of extremely experience Ancient Karmic Dragons in the way? WHAM........you're all dead. HA HA!

Thankfully I was crowned with Brannalbins Cloak of Defense. Through killing random creatures in the ID, I got the BoW, Crown of Leadership, the RoR, Ironfist, executor, skull crusher.....

Shame really, but hey, ID: 1392 is impressive I think. You really have to concentrate hard, because as soon as you see a certain monster, you run like hell, or teleport the hell outta there. I encountered two Kirin's next to stairs. I wasn't about to go near them just in case.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. Time to try and get to Level 1393 :D

Mist_Jonne
Registered user

Last page view:

6292 days, 20 hours, 44 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 02:56 (GMT -5)

Kirin? I have never sene one of those...

Killing someone is always a winning argument...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3123 days, 8 hours, 27 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 03:17 (GMT -5)

Kirins are lawful creatures, that are more powerful then balors and the rarest creature in the game - no wonder you haven't seen any.
In all my ADOM career I have seen only one. And I've been playing since Gamma 6 I believe (Khelevaster talked about 4 orbs back then).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5890 days, 21 hours, 10 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 at 03:42 (GMT -5)

I once found a tension room of Kirins, but I didn't go near it after reading the description (I was a crowned champion of law...); I didn't want to upset the ol' deity.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 at 15:32 (GMT -5)

I think I found a ki-rin once. It was in the dungeon that has many cavernous levels (I won't say the name as this isn't spoilers right?). My barbarian was.... 20 something I think. I hit it twice and it ran away. Not tough at all. I didn't kill it when I read the law part in description (that and the fact it kept going N).
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 at 17:22 (GMT -5)

I do find that hard to believe. I've been killed by Ki-Rins when I was level 40+. They are MEAN.

Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 at 06:53 (GMT -5)

Really? I find *that* hard to belive. Were they just really exped? I might just have been lucky because the kirin I fought didn't cast death ray. It did keep regening though. I didn't have trouble with meeleing as a barbarian who did alot of damage with slaying.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4074 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 at 09:40 (GMT -5)

I also killed a ki-rin once. He wasn't tough at all, strangely enough... I found him in the Rift levels. Of course, I was a wizard level 30 and could kill anything.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: