Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Where to scum for AoLS/wish?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Lunt
Registered user

Last page view:

6113 days, 20 hours, 36 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 at 15:55 (GMT -5)

My lv17 drake necromancer is coming along pretty well. Ive had some great luck on drops so far; 7LBs, +15 GoGS, and even some bracers of war have dropped, but I need a damn AoLS for khelly.
Ive already drained all the pools in darkforge, getting doomed and returning to dwarftown about 5 times, and hit all the other pools ive come across as well.
I'm thinking of scrounging through the ID for a while to get a RoDS or AoLS; what depth would be best to do this at? should i try somewhere else first?
Lurker3
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 at 03:41 (GMT -5)

How's your spell casting? High Magic Missile and ball spells? Controlled teleport? Did you get the SoCRs from the Mystic and the Librarian? I'd go to DH2 and cast Summon Monsters. When i get a bunch of ancient (karmic) dragons there's a good chance for a RoDS or even WoWi drop. Been lucky with that about 5 out of 10 times. Ok, now that i said it i will find myself in the middle of a dozen very pissed off Greater Titans the next time i try that...

Oh wait, that's not level 17 but 7? And you've been to darkforge already? Anyway, it should be clear DH2 is high risk even for a level 17.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4074 days, 10 hours, 8 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 at 05:04 (GMT -5)

Looking closely, it's lv 17 what Lunt wrote, not lvl 7.

So yeah. Infinite Dungeon. Play level 9 repeatedly. it doesn't corrupt. If you've already drained the pools on Darkforge, you have my official permission to start scumming gremlins.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5147 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Infinite dungeon level 9 cannot drop RoDS, only (low-chance) AoLS, so not that good. Gremlin scum on D:8 (highest chance of what you need) or DH:2 (getting higher level stuff, I usually end up with more corruption-removers than corruptions) is okay in my book, since it's not without risk since them buggers get tough in time
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 at 18:56 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
If danger level 8 can drop RoDS, so can ID:9, or am I completely and utterly mistaken?

Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 2 hours and 27 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 at 21:07 (GMT -5)

Ok, how can I do spoiler thing? Eh, anyway this isn't too spoily. Danger level in ID is 1/3 of danger levels. So, on ID:8 You don't get corrupted. But no danger level 8 items. So I think you'd have ot go to ID:24. I could be mistaken.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5147 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 at 21:08 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
ID-levels have same danger level as its number for monster generation, but you divide level by 3 to calculate item drops. So ID9 drops like D:3.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 12:23 (GMT -5)

Now I'm all confused. I once managed to find a ring of djinni summoning on ID:6.
Lost_one
Registered user
unregistered user

Last page view:

5927 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 at 19:44 (GMT -5)

well, it IS techniquly possible for one to drop on ID:1

the only thing is....those are like in the .000001% area, you sure you didn't start with it or something?
"I have opinions -STRONG opinions- that sometimes, I don't agree with"

---Prez. George W. Bush
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 at 06:17 (GMT -5)

ID: 6, not ID: 1. And no, I'm fairly sure about that. RoDS on danger level 2.

I also once found seven league boots in the SMC, lying at the entrance stairs. Everything can happen, however improbable it is.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 2 hours and 27 minutes ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

Yeah, what level were you? And I think either SLB have low danger level or its possible to get them. Ever gotten the SLBs in PC vault? The only one who knows is Thomas Biskup.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: