Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Shop restock spoiler

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Tianjin
Registered user
for monsters - Death incarnate

Last page view:

5600 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 at 02:39 (GMT -5)

If the shop has diggable walls - only about 30% do in my experience - and only in the earlier stages of the game, none of the shops in the lower CoC seem to have diggable walls. (diggable giftshop walls would be great!)

Dig ONE step out - dump all the junk you don't want to buy. (you're inside the old "wall" of the shop, and still NON-thief status)

The shop squares are all empty, and the shop will be fully restocked.

The goods in that niche in the wall are still IN the shop, and if you want them you must pay.

If you go TWO squares out of the shop - "Stop! Thief!" - prepare to fight the shopkeeper.
Try the TiLiCat! It's experience!

Tiger, stuffed with deboned Lion, stuffed with deboned Wildcat, and slow roasted with a mix of herbs. (served raw for Trolls)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/11/2007 at 12:15 (GMT -5) by Tianjin]
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5828 days, 3 hours, 1 minute and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 at 02:49 (GMT -5)

1. Remove that sig now.
2. It's still possible to do something similar with undiggable walls, just dump the items in one square. Though you get one square less items, and by the Murphy laws that RoDS would restock there... but nevermind.
3. Remove that sig now.
4. Otherwise, that's a nice one. Just don't waste a wand charge - use a pickaxe, else it's not worth it.
5. Did I mention remove that sig now?
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 03:21 (GMT -5)

3.If you let them breed, you would BETTER give up any hope of getting to the next level. The typical - and only - way of getting through the bunny level in 60 days is to kill Bugs ASAP. Otherwise, the mutated BBs breed quicker than you can kill, and will get very experienced, leading to slow advance. (unless you just have all the luck in the world.
2.WTF?
1.Last time, my escape from the shop went like this: I picked up all the items, dug out, stepped into an already known tele trap and disappeared. Own3d. Otherwise, I had shops restocking with almost the full inventory packed into the corner (though not all places were filled. Strange?)
0.Remove that sig now.
-1.Remove that sig now.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5885 days, 14 hours, 55 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

Hey, I should change my sig... ^_^
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Portrait
Tianjin
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 23:43 (GMT -5)

1 - The way to deal with the battle bunnies:

A - Zap a wand of digging to connect the stairways.

B - Walk/teleport over to the down-stairs. You now have the bunnies and the Bunny Master's full attention.

C - Run down to the connecting doors at the far end, outdistancing the bunnies and Bugs. (or run/teleport hop if you're kinda slow)

D - Lock those doors.

E - Run/teleport back to the down-stairs, and zap a wall of doors across the rabbit-breeding tunnel you've created. (Lock them if you wish, but Bugs won't make it back through all the bunnies, he'll be stuck at the far end.)

F - Let the bunnies build, Fireball while standing next to the line of doors (they won't be destroyed, but in Real Life they would be)

G - Step through, close the door, and keep Fireballing as you walk around and pick up all the nice meat.

Z - If the bunnies weren't meant to be eaten, why would they be made out of meat?

Plus you get that nice message, "You feel agressive." I don't know what it does for me, but it's gotta be good.

Note - I've NEVER had any mutated battle bunnies - but I'll keep your advice in mind.

2 - If you need interpretation:
I am a Troll = I eat anything, and I'm always hungry.
Troll Wizard = I can hack it to death or blast it to bits and scrape the nice tender meat up off the floor.
Hp = I'm really hard to kill. (thanks to Jharod)
Pp = I can keep blasting a lot longer than the foolish meat that let me see it while I was hungry can. (thanks to Mana absobtion corruption)

3 - As I said, in my experience only a percentage of the squares in the shop get restocked when there are items piled in a corner (less than 60% in my experience) - to get all the squares restocked: if the shop walls are diggable, dig out one square and pile the stuff there. then they are 'outside' the squares the game apparently checks to restock, but still 'inside' the shop.

I didn't mention robbing the shop - I'm not a thief, I'm a murderer. If I want a shop's goods, I walk up to the shopkeeper, insult his mother, kill him, and then take the goods.

Tiger, stuffed with deboned Lion, stuffed with deboned Wildcat, and slow roasted with a mix of herbs. (served raw for Trolls)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/12/2007 at 22:45 (GMT -5) by Tianjin]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4240 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 03:32 (GMT -5)

I'm tempted to say something about it being more efficient to use stomafillia or cooked lizards, but I like your sig just fine as it is :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4069 days, 7 hours, 26 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 04:22 (GMT -5)

I think he knows about this - Dare I say this is some kind of role playing? ;)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
exterminator
Registered user
Guerilla from the North

Last page view:

5805 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 05:01 (GMT -5)

Quote, Tianjin wrote:
"(I don't know, but from the game's behavior, I would guess that it checks to see how many items remain, and then only restocks enough to make up what would have been a full shop.) "

I have had same kind of experiences. I piled all the stuff to one square. Shop restocked. I didn't want to buy any of the new goodies, and I piled them to same square than the previous stuff. Then I waited until my char became hungry about ~30 times, without burdened or strained status, and the shop didn't restock.

Just got an idea: I'm gonna try to buy one item from the first restocking, and wait to see if the shop generates just one item. If yes, then I guess there is an upper limit for quantity of items in one shop.
Se parhaiten nauraa joka toiselle kuoppaa kaivaa.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4240 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

There is no upper limit, and this is easily evidenced if you sell hundreds of items to the shop and it still keeps restocking. Restocking is quite rare though, and I think it's based on game time rather than just time spent on that level, so you're best going of and doing other stuff for a while before coming back and waiting.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Tianjin
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 20:50 (GMT -5)

I've never seen Waldenbrook or Leggot restock after I started dumping hundreds of useless items in their stores - maybe they are special cases.

If you HAVE seen that, I guess that the method the game uses to figure out how much to restock is a combination of # of items in the store, and # of empty spaces.

I'm pretty sure it's not value of items in the store, since I have sold artifacts, and the store restocked a few of the empty spaces.

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

It restocks depending on empty spaces and number of items, and both influence it very highly, but there is always a small chance.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help