Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / If I build it, will he come?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5875 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 21:13 (GMT -5)

I was in the toef and getting a bit of a punishment and out of frost bolts. I read a scroll of familiar summoning and got a Titan, he cleaned shop for me quite impressively. Now i'm taking him down the coc. Unfortunately where the living forrest is happens to be on 1 side of a river and the other down stairs in on the other side of the river. Now i dont have bridge building skill and i'm out of ice bolt.

My question is that if i get wand of ice bolt or book of ice bolt/ball and come back to my Titan, will he come/follow me over the bridge or is he too heavy or will this simply not work?
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 1 hour, 13 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 06:35 (GMT -5)

Have you tried teleporting the titan to the other side? The spell can be used as well as the wand.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
n00b-eMpErOr
Registered user
Emperor of n00bish Plane

Last page view:

6308 days, 7 hours, 41 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 09:00 (GMT -5)

I had a companion once that refused to cross ice bridges, only wooden ones.I think it was some sort of ogre.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5833 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 09:16 (GMT -5)

Heavy monsters may not go over, but yes, teleporting is the only method guaranteed to work. (AFAIK)
Now, however, I don't understand the problem. I thought you mean that the DH stairs are on one side and the Forest stairs on the other? Then what's the problem? Can you explain a bit more, please?
And if you want that character really bad: I recommend you to make a backup. That titan will kill everything and then you will sense a change of mind around you. You turn the other way but it will be too late: the titan has staked your head with a quarrel and is right now loading the other one.
Translation? Big chaos creatures always betray you.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 13:09 (GMT -5)

Titans aren't chaos creatures :P

I don't know if their alignment'll stop them, though, so be careful, unless you're a bard.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5875 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 17:18 (GMT -5)

i have the teleport corruption and i ate blink dogs so i can control teleport but i dont have the wand or spell of teleport (yet) i tried taking him through the forrest as thats the side we are stuck on but it gets too tedious and if i use fireball they get very angry and tooo hard to fight to the other side.
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5833 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

Only bards can stop them, and while titans don't corrupt, they, for the sake of variety, serve chaotic forces. I think at least.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 17 hours, 31 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 11:16 (GMT -5)

If I recall correctly, if you teleport monsters they become hostile. In addition, they will eventually kill you. Plus, they you can't tell where they teleport. Kill them and you should get some good exp.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

Huh. I thought titans were of lawful alignment, but actually they aren't.

So yeah, they are chaos creatures. My bad.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: