Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Delay

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

mr idiot
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

I just bought new computer, great huh? :P

Anyway, when i played adom with my old computer it worked just fine, but now with new computer there is annoying delay.

For example, if you try read a book and press 'r', it takes almost second before it actually move to 'reading page', and its way too much.

How can i fix it? :(
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4072 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 16:18 (GMT -5)

It would be nice to know which ADOM you're playing - the Windows, Dos, Linux, Mac version?

If it IS the DOS version, AND you're playing in the DOS box, switch to full screen (ALT+ENTER). Apart from that, I can't really give you any useful insights.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5145 days, 19 hours, 17 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 16:22 (GMT -5)

I'm not into how to optimize new computers. I gave up after Win95. Did you consider keeping the old computer for running ADOM? Price of progress, heh.

Otherwise, I'd say you need to free up memory. So much c%¤p and f¤%"#%g processes and s¤%t running in the background makes everything go slow. Mabye because ADOM is such a nice little program, and doesn't demand attention, and therefore the rest of the system processes just screw it over, memory-wise. Try pressing ctrl-alt-del to open task manager, see what processes are running, and look them up on google. A few of them can be terminated and killed without fuzz.

Well mabye someone else knows.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4153 days, 18 hours, 40 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 23:36 (GMT -5)

a couple of alt+enters to switch from full zie to window and back does help for does version.

otherwise we need to know adom version and operatioonal system
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
mr.idiot
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 12:43 (GMT -5)

I noticed it was only full screen that didnt work. I dont remember which version it was i tried first..

Now i use adom winbeta4, version 1.1.1 and NOT fullscreen and it does work well.

Littlescreen sux hard but i allready get used with it. I have no idea how to make this version full screen, attleast alt+enter doesnt work
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4072 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 16:30 (GMT -5)

As I said, I run the DOS version on XP, and it functions without delay only in fullscreen. I have no clue about the winbeta version.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Nightmare
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Is ADOM Vista compatible? lol

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: