Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Wishing

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Moldee
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 at 08:53 (GMT -5)

Some freak incident occured and i have 4 rings of djinni, all blessde, what do i wish for?
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4072 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 at 10:06 (GMT -5)

1. Sheep
2. Emperor Moloch
3. Immortality
4. Death

Okay, I was kidding. ^^ In fact, wish for anything *but* these.

Seven league boots? Scrolls of chaos resistance? Certain skills (Concentration, Herbalism, Find Weakness spring to mind)? Amulet of Life Saving if Khelly isn't dead yet (actually, even if he is)? Eternium gear? dragon scale mails? Girdles of Giant Strength? Books of Acid Ball if you're a wizard and don't seem to find enough? Potions of uselessness? swords of sharpness? daggers of death? Scrolls of education? Magical writing sets? Wands of destruction? Strength? Learning? Any other stat (Except Appearance and Charisma, because they're useless, and Perception, which you wish for by wishing for "Alertness" and which is also useless)? Scrolls of Familiar Summoning? Crowns of regeneration? Bracers of regeneration? Knives of endurance? Rings of regeneration? Rings of elemental mastery? Rings of weakness? Rings of ice? Other valuable jewelry but gems? Crystals of knowledge? Potions of Strength? Potions of Learning? Potions of any stat (Except of Appearance and Charisma because... well, they suck)? Gold? Potions of youth? Speed? quicksilver quarterstaves? halberds of defense? Long bows of hunting? Slow and painful death for all your enemies (Shame you can't really wish for that)?

A little bit of information on your character may be helpful. Also, everyone wishes for different things.

Oh, and always try to wish in plural. It won't always get you more, but trying doesn't cost anything. (So "pairs of seven league boots", so you have at least one to spare in case a stupid acid trap kicks off)

Also, you are too damn lucky. Four rings of djinni summoning! Grumble grumble...
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

6111 days, 13 hours, 1 minute and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

four of them?
wow.

What kind of equipment are you holding onto now?

I would recommend:
eterinium plate mail
eternium tower shield

I mean: most of this stuff is pretty obvious, but if you already have all the useful items in the game (since the RNG seems to love you), try some of these:
teleport control
pixie corpses (useless without control) (if there's an easier way to get teleportitis, wish for that instead)
seven league boots
girdles of carrying
(are you a spellcaster? are you already equipped with an immensely useful girdle? try wishing for "tome of strength of atlas" or something like that)
(how far into the game are you? are you far enough along that you can wish for scrolls of chaos resistance and be pretty sure that they won't get destroyed before you get to use them?)

try this page:
http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-app-M.html

that should help, but really: we need more information about what kind of character you have so that we can tell what kind of items you need)
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 at 04:02 (GMT -5)

Girdles of giant strength are far better than girdles of carrying.

And I wouldn't wish for teleportitis. Wish for a spellbook of teleportation if you feel the need, but teleportitis is pretty useless even if controlled. Any means of on-demand teleportation is superior to teleportitis.

Also, I forgot to mention phase daggers in my list above. They're nice too.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

6111 days, 13 hours, 1 minute and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 at 18:12 (GMT -5)

I don't usually find spells to be extremely useful, unless i'm playing as a spellcaster.

my dwarven paladins can learn spells from the occasional book they come across, but after a few castings, the spell is gone from the spell list, and since I never got the waterproof blanket from the small cave (got too high level in there, and made a quick retreat down the stairs before i found the blanket), i tend to lose spellbooks to water traps and rivers. the spell 'teleport' would only be with me for a short time (until I cast it too much) and after that, it's gone

also, with teleportitis as an intrinsic, you don't need to worry about losing scrolls or wands to acid traps or black dragons.

the downside is, of course, that you don't get it when you absolutely need it, but let a few turns pass and it will happen.

so: not as good for escaping in a hurry, but very useful for crossing rivers, and getting up and down the CoC (running back and forth between Dwarftown and the ToeF)
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 05:58 (GMT -5)

Maybe it would be better, then, to wish for waterproof blankets :P

You don't have to cast the Teleportation spell from memory - that's what bookcasting is for. (Granted, you can lose the book... And after that, start casting from memory again. I find you get more than enough casting scores with most characters that have decent Learning and Literacy. Barbarians and beastfighters shouldn't wish for any sort of book, of course.)

You can also wish for wands of teleportation. They can be recharged easily and are thus oftentimes a sufficient replacement for spellbooks. (You don't have to wish for one, though, if you know where to find one... But it's nice to have more.)

Teleportitis serves as a way to conveniently shorten your travel time. On-demand teleport serves as a way to get your ass out of potentially terminal situations. Tell me again: Which one is better?

Also, what if you lose your teleport control? Your ring or amulet could get destroyed, a pool could remove your intrinsic... It ruins a game.

EDIT: If you *were* to wish for something that grants teleportitis (which I hope you're not), I strongly advise to wish for helms of teleportation instead of pixie corpses. First, pixie corpses have only a 10% chance of causing teleportitis, which makes wishing for them a real waste. Second, you can take off the helm if you don't need it, so at least the teleportitis is SOMEWHAT controlled.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/6/2007 at 06:12 (GMT -5) by Silfir]
Moldee
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 08:49 (GMT -5)

Thanks guys ill write my character up soon. I founnd one ring in the water dragons cave (she didnt like that) and the great gift shoppe.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5480 days, 6 hours, 29 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 14:47 (GMT -5)

Since you are past the great gift shop I suggest:

1. Amulet(s) of life saving (the "(s)" is useless btw)

2. Wands of destruction (if you don't have any...)

3. Emperor Moloch to gain levels and attain moloch armor since you can't wish for it and it is arguably the best armor in the game second only to the Robes of Resistance when the DV bonus is smithed away. Use the wish in the barbarians glade (on the far right is best, I believe).

4. Teleport Control/GoGS/Spellbooks (if needed, for wizard)/means of regeneration/special weapons (ie. phase daggers)/specific skills/SoCR/SoE/Eternium gear. Likely in that order depending on what you have and what you need (SoCR, T/C, Spellbooks).

Do not wish for:

1. Any means of teleportation (you can get the few charges you really need elsewhere). There is a guaranteed wand and booze is plentiful.

2. Sheep

3. Death

4. SoFS (less useful)

5. Quickling Bard (less useful than. say, wishing for speed on D:50 and furthermore, quickling lords become some of the most dangerous enemies in the game once you have killed 75 of them)
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/6/2007 at 14:48 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5768 days, 4 hours, 59 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 20:55 (GMT -5)

Well...considering the current lack of information, I'm going to assume:
Spoily....figured I'd warn you: and nOObish.

I personally would NOT suggest wasting a wish on a AoLS...with 4 wishes, you can pretty much protect your char against any possible deaths.

First Wish: *ammo type of your choice* of demon slaying.

Second Wish: *ammo type of your choice* of demon slaying.

Third Wish: pairs of potion of water

Now go bless all that demon slaying ammo, and get to Darkforge, or the bottom level of the TotHK.

If in darkforge and you are fortunate enough to have water blocking any way to the pools, refer to a previous post of mine...can't remember title of thread however: (

Now if you're in the TotHK, go to center room area via frost bolt(after you get into middle thing destroy bridge with fire, the greater molochs WILL go across the bridge of ice, despite their HUGE weight.)

create a door(I'm also assuming you have at least one wand of door creation....I always have too many for my own good.) where the door used to be that you most likely kicked down when you retrieved the ring of the high kings.)

Close the door, then wish for greater moloch.

Open the door again, then you should find yourself hearing lots of *THUMB* and tons of Greater Molochs around your nice little pool of piranhas. Kill as many as you can with the ammo you have, and if you can manage it,retrieve some every once in awhile, though make sure to destroy ice bridges next to land..otherwise you're vulnerable.

This process will yield you alot of exp, getting you to Lvl 50 almost certainly if you kill them all, and if you slow yourself, definitely.

You will get moloch armor, moloch corpses, and might have the opportunity to try to kill a super moloch, though if you see any moloch drop armor....pick it up as soon as possible. Otherwise the other greater molochs will pick it up and equip it, becoming extremely fast.Note: I did a test once with this....when they becoming fast, they do not actually have a speed increase that is noticeable in the monster memory, which I'm guessing means that you gain NO extra exp from killing one of these killing machines.

Happy Hunting!
P.S. I'm not responsible if you die....happened to me once before cuz I failed...and a super moloch got me. That's the advantage of darkforge, since you can just teleport out of there if a GM picks up the armor.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 at 04:00 (GMT -5)

Um... Are two heaps of demon slaying ammo really enough?

And who on earth would waste a wish on potions of water?

Other than that, wishing for emperor moloch might be a way to quickly reach level 50... But doesn't it take the fun out of the game after that a little? :P
Moldee,
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 at 04:21 (GMT -5)

Sorry for the laxck of info, im writing it up

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: