Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Wizard keeps forgetting spells

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

PaulusMax
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 05:24 (GMT -5)

Hi all, new to this game, has completely got me gripped :D

Being a noob at this, thought I would ask a noob question.

I always play a wizard, either dwarf or one of the elves.

Every game though I seem to *forget* spells at the most inopportune moment (especially my offensive spells). This seems to happen every game, and I know rereading the books will help, but they are heavy, and there is no where to keep them safe (that I know of), so I sell them.

I have even kept my magic missile book to reread later, which I did, but it then dissappeared!

I need some tips about this problem as its driving me crazy :(

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3902 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 12:28 (GMT -5)

Might be a bit spoily, so:

Spoiler
Try getting your learning up, because that gives you more castings for each reading, there are several spots where you can keep your books safe, even in terinyo. just create some doors to some of the buildings and lock them, or drop your books, on the spot where you enter terinyo (not 100% safe, because some npc's step there, and later on there are several safe places for you to save your stuff

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
PaulusMax
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2007 at 06:10 (GMT -5)

Thanx for your help.

Just found out elementalist gains spells each level, so am trying with him and doing much better. Now up to level 14 :D

I tried a wand of create door in Terinyo but it refused to create in a doorway. Any reason why that would be? (Tried standing on top of the doorway and to the side with the wand saying 'the wand creaks for a split-second')
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4072 days, 16 hours, 5 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2007 at 12:49 (GMT -5)

As a rule of thumb: Early game spellcasters do not sell books. ESPECIALLY not books with damaging spells. Either read them until they disappear (It can't be helped, they will) or wait till your Learning is higher. Learning is the most important stat for a newbie wizard.

In the end, you can sell your fifty books of Light, or burn them, or eat them... Doesn't matter.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: