Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Getting more skills

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ruttiger
Registered user

Last page view:

6056 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 at 16:49 (GMT -5)

What skills do you generally try to get ahold of if you use a wish to get them. Food preservation is the obvious one, so you can skip that.
Portrait
**cHAoTicChaOs**
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

5990 days, 23 hours, 34 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 at 19:59 (GMT -5)

I Would Never Waste a Wish on Food Pres.
Find Weakness if Im All Combaty.
Concentration If i Want A chance At Spells.
.vultuous.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3602 days, 7 hours, 41 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 at 21:17 (GMT -5)

Right now I'm playing a merchant, and I really wish I had Concentration or Alchemy. Alertness is also a skill worth a wish.

Won't the old gladiator teach you Find Weakness in exchange for the gladius?
For the Horde!
Ruttiger
Registered user

Last page view:

6056 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 at 21:33 (GMT -5)

I thought that too, but it's been a while and I'm just getting back into the game, so I'm not sure.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 48 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 at 01:40 (GMT -5)

The gladiator only teaches Backstabbing, Two-weapon fighting and Tactics.
If he could teach Find Weakness it would be awsometastic.

BTW - a wish for Food Preservation is far from wasted, while a wish on eterinium plate mails IS wasted IMHO. You can't have too many stat granting corpses.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5667 days, 13 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 at 05:26 (GMT -5)

Alertness can't be wished for. Well, it can, but it gives you a couple of points of perception instead of the skill.

ps. I like dark elves and drakelings.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5830 days, 1 hour, 36 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 at 10:44 (GMT -5)

Would You Please Stop Typing Like This, chaotic? Burns my eyes way too much. While an unique typing style might seem "ubercool", some people don't want to sit there for a minute trying to decipher it.
Back on topic, Woodcraft? Hehehe... or maybe Find Weakness if I don't have it, or Herbalism if I didn't have Healing OR Herbalism at the start. Third place is Food Pres, or Concentration if I was casting spells heavily and didn't have it. If I had all of these, I'd rather wish for SoE/PoE and hope for the best. Generally though I don't tend to get skills via wishes, because I can rarely have enough good items. (Not all classes have a cool crowning gift armor)

(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4071 days, 6 hours, 1 minute and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 at 10:52 (GMT -5)

Garsk, the young stone giant, wandered the mountain range in search for a cave lion to hunt for his family. His spear firm in his hands, eyeing his surroundings cautiously, he saw, finally, an odd figure approaching in the distance.
Just as his slow mind recalled the stories of the legendary "Stone Giant Hunter" his grandparents had always warned him before in stories, and the rumours of fellow hunters who had begun disappearing in the mountains a few months ago, he suddenly found an arrow to be embedded in his chest.
Garsk collapsed, and only through a deep fog did the following events actually come to his awareness. The figure's blood-covered bearded face came into his sight, and he dimly recognized pieces of grey skin like that of a stone giant. Then his eyesight turned black...
The figure lumped to the ground, panting heavily and taking off his backpack, which, though small, seemed to weigh tons for him. With a small knife, he started to dissect pieces of raw flesh from Garsk's body, which he then shoveled into his mouth with his bloody hands, one of which had a faintly glow from a strange magical ring on it.
"Need more Str!", the figure moaned, and when there was nothing left of Garsk's body but a puddle of blood, it stood up, shouldered the backpack, and disappeared in the dark.

THAT is what I think of the importance of Food Preservation.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5830 days, 1 hour, 36 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

Food Preservation usually shines for me in the ogre cave. So much ogre corpse (240s)!
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help