Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The goblin tale

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 4 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 3 hours, 51 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 03:20 (GMT -5)

OOC: hehe, you made him almost more timid than i made him. except he didn't scream in your post. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 00:22 (GMT -5)

OOC: true. hmmm... how should i play him out like? hmm.... *thinks deeply... which for a normal person would be rather shallow, but he's tired, so it's pretty deep*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7937 days, 10 hours, 16 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

OOC: So is this goblin a magical one I wonder? Keep up the posting Duke, your goblin has a key role me thinks!

Sengoku looked a bit cross.
"I think everyones becoming more pacified by the minuete! This goblin deserves no such mercy!"

"The decision has already been made my dark elven friend!" snapped Iridia

"But it's just a pathetic goblin, I say we sacrifice it to our Gods" argued Sengoku

"Come on Iridia, let's get out of here" growled Stoney as he grabbed the goblin by it's legs and stuffed it into a sack.

Sengoku followed them back up into the village thinking to himself.

Sengoku
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6976 days, 9 hours, 25 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 01:43 (GMT -5)

The high elf heard the discussion. He was curious what will they do with the goblin, so he followed them, unnoticed.
Stone Giant
Registered user
the Traveler

Last page view:

8091 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 08:43 (GMT -5)

"We're here Iridia! This is the dwarven city!"

Stone giant walked after Iridia carrying the sack with the goblin inside.

"We'll go to the village elder straight away and relief us of that goblin" Iridia said.

"That sounds good to me" replied Stoney

The three of them walked through the dwarven city, being watched carefully by the dwarven gaurdians.
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 31 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 10, 2002 at 03:08 (GMT -5)

Iridia immediately felt at home in the magnificent dwarven city. The dwarven villagers gave the odd-looking group curious glances; children hid in their mothers' skirts, peeking out to peer at the stone giant's deadly fists.
The guardians were drawing closer, hands on weapons. Stoney shot a questioning look at Iridia. "Should we fight?"
"Not yet..." Iridia answered. "If they'll accept a dark-elf, they'll accept a stone giant. Probably."
Just then, a group of five burly dwarves had completely closed in on the adventurers.
"We'll have to ask you to come with us. The village elder wants to see you."
Sengoku stepped forward. "Why does Tholin want to see us?"
"No idea. Orders. Come with us," the guardian said.

"Why did you have us taken here?" Sengoku asked the elder.
"Before I answer your question, you must answer mine: What is your purpose here, and why have you formed such a strange alliance with a stone giant?"
When Iridia told the elder of her quest to avenge the people of her village, of meeting the stone giant, fighting a hydra, and finding curing herbs in the hands of a goblin thief, the elder straightened in his chair and suddenly grinned.
"Very well," he said. "Now I will answer your question. Our priest has told me that I would soon see those who would banish Chaos from Ancardia. I put my guardians on the lookout for any possible heroes, and you already have quite a few battle scars, Iridia."
"We had been hoping you would give us judgment of the goblin," Iridia said.
"Show him to me," said Tholin.

The giant turned his sack upside down, tipping the struggling goblin onto the stone floor.

"Well, what do you have to say for yourself?" demanded the elder. "Someone take off the gag," he added, hearing the goblin's muffled squeals.

Iridia stooped down to remove the gag, cursing and pulling her fingers back as the goblin, having gathered his meager courage, tried to bite her. "Nasty thing. Should've killed you when we caught you," she said.

"Please, please don't kill," the goblin pleaded.

"We've already heard that," Sengoku noted. "You have anything else to say for yourself?"

"Wasn't killing. Don't even have knife anymore," the goblin said, glaring at Sengoku, whose pack now contained the goblin's flimsy weapon. "Just wanted little bit of plant to take to chief. Don't kill, wasn't me, didn't do anything!"

Tholin laughed as he stood up and surveyed the pitiful little creature. "Oh, no, little goblin? And why not?" he asked, raising his axe over the goblin's neck.

"Please, don't kill! Don't kill!" squealed the goblin.

"What is your name?" demanded Tholin.

"Apoc. The timid."

Another gale of laughter from the dwarven elder. "A fitting name! Well, Apoc the Timid, are you willing to repay these travelers for your crime?"

"Yes, yes, anything!" the goblin gulped.

The elder crossed the room to a large chest, which he opened to retrieve an amulet, made of gold with a ruby set into the center. He muttered a few words to it, making passes in the air, then turned to the travelers.

"This is an amulet of binding," Tholin said. "As long as you are wearing this, the goblin will have no choice but to obey your every command. My sentence is this: Return to me after one year's servitude, and the goblin's debt will have been repaid." He handed the amulet to Iridia, who hesitated, then put it on. Sengoku looked decidedly sour at the elder's decision.

"Oh, and don't try to steal it, or to kill its owner, little goblin," the elder said, noticing the cunning look which had crept into Apoc's eyes. "It's enchanted against thieves." He turned to the party. "Untie him and give him his weapon."

Dubiously, Sengoku drew his dagger and cut the ropes which bound the goblin, who squealed, stood, and started running for the door.

"Stop!" commanded Iridia.

The goblin stopped as if it had run into a stone wall. Tholin laughed once more. "Now, what can I do for the rest of you? Ah, and before you ask, you may want to visit the village shop. It does stock healing potions."

"We want to fight Chaos," said Iridia. "What information can you give to help us?"

"Not so fast," said the elder. "I, too, wish that you fight Chaos, but many champions have died trying. You must prove yourselves to me."

"What do we have to do?" demanded the dark elf.

"Vanquish a ghost lord. Then we'll see."
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/10/2002 at 03:39 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 10, 2002 at 04:05 (GMT -5)

OOC: i like your post better anyways. i'll delete mine...

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/10/2002 at 04:06 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 10, 2002 at 04:23 (GMT -5)

OOC: just got an idea. i'm gonna expand a bit on the origional game quest... not to much, it'll still be within the scope of the game.
IC: Apoc shuddered. "Ghost... Lord? Oh no. Me no fight ghosts! Me kins all got older by ghost bat! Please master, don't make me go!" He whimpered and strained against himself; he wanted to run, but because of the amulet, he wanted to stay. The urge to stay won.
Iridia was simmalarly frightened by the concept. Ghosts were bad enough, and she had fought (and killed) more than a few of them. But she had heard tales of promising youths turned to a shrivled old corpse in a matter of seconds by ghost lords. Even Sengoku didn't like it. "A ghost lord? Even if we could find one, they don't go down easily. I'm an elf, and even I would have a hard time with the unnatural aging."
The elder nodded. "Yes, a ghost lord. I know it sounds daunting, but it must be done. It is the ghost of Dram Gorefist that I want you to proove yourself against. He has gathered a host of undead in an underground graveyard deeper down. He once was a mighty Gnome, but his spirit succumbed to the forces of evil after his death. He was born the younger son of a king, and realized he would never have the throne; for this reason he joined a monastary. He was very deadly with his fists; thus his name, Gorefist. He gained much fame in many places, and did many good deeds for this settlement. Now he commands an army of undead, and seeks to use our bodys as more troops. You must defeat him! Without his leadership his army will be far weaker."
Iridia groaned. "I've heard of Dram; if he retained any of his skills from life, he will not only be very deadly, but he will have a small retinue of elite guards. This promises to be a difficult quest."
Apoc whimpered.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 11:15 (GMT -5)

"Well,well, well! So you're going to slay the ghost of a mighty gnome? Maybe I can help you."

"Who said that?!" shouted Stoney while looking around, but he saw noone.

"I'm here! In the corner!" Now they noticed a cloaked elf leaning against the wall.

"How did you do that?! Do you know the Invisibility spell?! And why do you want to help us? You didn't want to help me when I was chasing the orc!" said Sengoku

"That's not a spell, just a potion. And I want to help you because you spared that puny creature." he pointed at Apoc "It's quite likely he'll be killed by that mighty undead or his minions, but at least you gave him a chance."

The goblin wasn't blue anymore, his face was pale white now.

"That's why I'm going with you. If you have nothing against of course."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/12/2002 at 11:16 (GMT -5) by Guinea]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 04:53 (GMT -5)

Iridia sighed. "No, I've nothing against it. Unless my companions do, that is."

Fine with me," Stoney said. "One more weapon could come in handy."

Sengoku frowned. "Last time I saw you, elf, you were healing an orc that happened to just have attacked me. How do I know you aren't going to help our enemies again?"

The elf looked puzzled for a second, then chuckled. "Ah, but I will be helping them. The tormented souls of the undead must be put to rest, and the evil that drives them destroyed. Helping a fleeing, wounded creature, orc though he may be, is quite a different matter. And anyway, if it were a choice between you or the orc, I would help you."

"All right." Sengoku said, seeing the sincerity in the elf's face. "It's fine with me. But we'd better get some supplies before we head out."
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 10/24/2002 at 22:16 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7937 days, 10 hours, 16 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 06:56 (GMT -5)

"I know a shop near by, I say we stock up from there and head out as soon as possible, for the hour of the evil moon nears"

Sengoku walked across to a large building with a sign saying 'Jelvins General Adventuring Gear' pinned above the doorway. A happy dwarven shopkeeper admired his stock and nodded to Sengoku as he neared.

"The hour of what??" asked Stoney loudly

"Just dark elven beliefs" Guinea muttered "We better catch up with him"

"You still have plenty of them herbs right Guinea? We'll need them" said Iridia

"Yes, but we'll need more than herbs if them ghosts manage to get their icey grip upon us"

Stoney looked up at the cold dark rock above "How does the dark elf know about the moon from down here?"

The band entered the store and examined what was on sale!

Sengoku

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/18/2002 at 07:03 (GMT -5) by Sengoku]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

"Ahh, the adventurers!" Jelvin remarked. "How ye be?"

"Fine, Jelvin," Sengoku said. "You got anything that'd help us defeat a ghost lord?"

"Dram Gorefist?"

Sengoku nodded.

"Ah, yes, that one'll give you a good fight. It's high time someone defeated him," the shopkeeper said. "See this?" he lifted a milky potion from one of the store shelves. "'Tis guaranteed to cure unnatural aging instantly, or yer money back."

"If we were around to collect it," Sengoku said, grinning.

"Got to cut my losses," the shopkeeper shrugged.

"How much?" Sengoku inquired.

As the dark-elf haggled with the shopkeeper, the rest of the party looked over the merchandise, picking up rations and looking over ammunition for missile weapons. Iridia's eyes glittered when she saw a particularly beautiful weapon, though much beyond her resources. Maybe later...

The party paid for their newly acquired supplies and left the store decidedly poorer, though much more well-prepared for the coming battles.

"So, where is this ghost lord?" Iridia asked.

"Most of us here know where he is but no one goes ther... except us, apparently," Sengoku said. "I'll take you there."
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 10/24/2002 at 22:16 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 22:15 (GMT -5)

OOC: how about a new one? an artifact wand perhaps? oh wait, you said weapon. well she's a miner; why not Hammerhead?

IC: They left the town through a different route than they had entered. (OOC: I'm assuming that we started above Dwarftown.) The way was dark, dank, and very chilly. Apoc was constantly fingering the dagger he had bought from the store with his meagre funds, and entertaining thoughts of escape, slim as the chances were. They didn't encounter much on the way, mostly just a few rogue orcs, a couple kobolds (who fled before the advanceing companions), and one goblin. Iridia made Apoc do a lot of fightning, although all Apoc ever really did was jump on the enemy's back and bite and stab and claw at them. Once or twice they had to pause to allow the elf (OOC: does he have a name yet?) to tend their wounds.
Gradually the tunnels started to get colder and seemingly darker. Suddenly, the monsters stoped coming. For a wide space they encountered nothing but the dark, chilly tunnels. Tension was building in the air like a static charge. Every time they turned a corner, they expected something to leap out of the darkness at them.
In the distance, they seemed to hear sounds of battle. They heard metal clashing against metal, shouting, screams came out of the darkness, always sounding like they were coming from just around the next bend. It was frightening. All of them were scared; Apoc was positivly terrified. The only thing that kept him moving was Iridia's will, and that was weakening. Even the giant, rock-solid Stoney was failing in his resolve.
Then, suddenly, the sounds of combat vanished. The cesation of it came as a shock to the companions; Stoney froze, Sengoku drew his weapons and crouched, Iridia started, the elf (OOC: name??) raised his weapon, and Apoc screamed and soiled his loincloth.
Once they had recovered their composure (which included a very harsh reprimand on Apoc for screaming; he could have alerted their enemies to their presence), they wairily continued. They came about a corner and all of them froze. At the end of the hall was a door. The shrivled body of some unfortunate creature lay before the door.
Cautiously, they approached it. Apoc threw a rock at the body, just to make sure it was going to stay dead; it did. They got to the door, and Iridia made Apoc open the door.
Within was a gruesome scene that would make most people sick. Blood was smeared all over the walls, corpses lay everywhere, some missing limbs, some half-rotten, some nothing but blood covered skeletons. Weapons lay everywhere -- spears, swords, bows, arrows, bows, maces, axes, just about everything imagineable. All were soaked in blood. Two different types of body were recognizable; while most of the bodys were orcish, some were deffinately human; the weapons were an about equal mix of both.
In the middle of all this lay a man.
The man was white. Pure white. His hair, his skin, his eyes, his cloths, even his blood was white. There was blood on his face, and he was clutching his side. With a groan he looked up at the companions. They could see the pain in his eyes, and felt a deep sympathy for him and an urge to help him however they could.
The elf (OOC: name??? this's the third time in this post i've needed it.) moved foreward, heedless of any danger. His friends filled the hall behind him slowly, cautiously, not sure what to do. None of them realized what they were facing until with a terrible howl the eyes full of pain turned to orbs of blazing hate for all things living, he leapt up and made a grab for the elfs (OOC: 4th...) neck. Only now could the see the semi-transparance of the mans body. Thanks to his quick reactions the elf evaded the ghost's initial attack, but the ghost continued on towards the clustered companions. Before the elf (OOC: that makes 5) could recover his feet, the bodys strewn about the room were climbing to theirs, grabbing weapons and shields that lay about. With a hiss an orc skeleton leapt towards the prostrate elf, a bloodsoaked scimitar in one hand a battered and pitted medium shield in the other, and a small dagger held from a third arm which had welded itself onto the skeleton just above the sternum.

OOC: lets see what who does with this fight scene. the ghost is just one of Dram's minions, not one of him or one of his guards. it's basicly just a tension room, except they're a lot smarter. *g* enjoy...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
DaC
Registered user
Duh..

Last page view:

8052 days, 27 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 06:35 (GMT -5)

OOC: mind if a tag along? Dwarf i am, brave and Sturdy, DaC is me name and Ogres do i hunt..

IC: "A Sturdy red bearded young dwarf was speaking to himself on a long road, city showing in distance" - Nope.. none hear too, where could tha ogres be. Dammit! i want to prove me valor!

OOC: you tell..?
Duh, troll juice..

along comes mary.. wha, DaC?
Yes  No
Check results

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/19/2002 at 06:38 (GMT -5) by DaC]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 10:35 (GMT -5)

OOC: we already have a dwarf.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 10:39 (GMT -5)

IC:Guinea swinged his long sword and the hand holding the scimitar fell on the ground. It didn't stop the skeleton, who fell on the elf and tried to stab him with the dagger. Two more undead fell on him, so Guinea was unable to get up. Fortunately he had an elven chain mail on him, so the skeletons couldn't hurt him seriously. His companions terrified tried to defend themselves. Suddenly a thundering voice came from the pile of living corpses:

"I SHALL HEAL YOU!!!"

Zombies roared in terror as they turned into white smoke. Guinea stood up and light came out of his hands. Rest of the skeletons frightened moved to the corner of the chamber. Stoney grabbed a piece of wall he was standing next to.

"Help me, Iridia!" he shouted.

Iridia quickly realized what he was trying to do. A few hits with her pick axe and the giant was holding a rock almost as large as he was. He threw it at the skeletons that gathered in the corner and they changed into a crumpled heap.

"It won't be so easy to defeat me" the ghost laughed.

"Want a bet?" shouted Sengoku as he shot an arrow at the ghost, but it passed through him, and he just laughed.

"Got something better for you" Guinea smiled and grabbed a holy symbol he had in his pocket.

"NOOOOOO!!!" the ghost scowled in terror as Guinea murmured some cryptic words. He was getting more and more transparent with each word. When he finally disappeared, the elf looked at his friens.

"Are you all right?" he asked... and fell unconsious on the floor.

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 5/15/2002 at 10:35 (GMT -5) by Guinea]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 20:53 (GMT -5)

OOC: pretty good... sorry, i didn't see his name when i was looking for it. oh well. I was actually hoping they would have a somewhat harder time dealing with these, but oh well, it works. don't want these being too hard... it is only a tension room after all.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 22, 2002 at 00:08 (GMT -5)

Sengoku rushed to the healer's side. "It's okay," he reported. "Still breathing."

"What's wrong with him?" Iridia demanded.

"That's a magic user for you," Sengoku said, clearing some of the gruesome debris from the healer's robes. "Thinks he's tough enough to cast spells he hasn't got the power to handle. He'll be all right, but he's going to take time to recover."

Anticipating the dark elf's next requrest, Stoney sighed and posted himself at the door. Iridia took up a position next to him. "Don't worry," the giant said. "Nothing gets in this room unless we let it."

"Hey! Where's that scum of a goblin? Dead?" Sengoku suddenly said.

"Wait a minute." Iridia cautiously edged into the passageway, sensing the goblin's presence through the amulet. "No such luck. He's still alive." She dragged the goblin out of the side passage into which the pitiful creature had managed to crawl before passing out yet again. As she deposited him next to the unconscious elf, she pried the dagger the goblin had been clutching out of its grasp, intending to replace it in its sheath. Suddenly she held up the weapon and looked at it carefully. Bits of decaying flesh were stuck to the blade. "I didn't order him to fight..." she thought. Ah, well. Probably the creature had gotten itself cornered and realized there was no pleading with a zombie.

Iridia took up her station at the door once again, axe at ready. If they were lucky, this room wouldn't be disturbed until Guinea had recovered well enough to travel. But then, Iridia thought, when had they ever been lucky?

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/24/2002 at 22:17 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 22, 2002 at 00:58 (GMT -5)

OOC: just wondering, but is it really zombie flesh? also should i move it foreward or should we sit and wait for a while? maybe do some plotline type stuff?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 07, 2002 at 05:26 (GMT -5)

. The stench of death that still hovered over the area intensified ever so slightly as the dwarf and the giant stood guard over the unconscious healer. As the two warriors watched, a black-robed figure shimmered into existance about three paces ahead of them. The hood of the robe had been thrown back to reveal a man who looked as old as death itself. His withered, clawlike hands clutched a sturdy staff; his reddened eyes blazed with the unmistakable fire of madness.
. As the two guards readied themselves for a fight, the man began to chant evil-sounding words, grabbing at the air, gesturing. From the tip of his staff, four pillars of green light appeared and solidified, revealing four animated--and armed--corpses, sickly white, bathed in the green light. Ghuls.
. The necromancer continued chanting; but his words became faster, urging. His minions advanced.
. For the next few minutes, neither dwarf nor giant had time to think. Block one blow, dodge another, dart in where a vital spot was left unguarded for even an instant.
. One of the ghuls fell, then another, their corpses dissolving back into the green light they had issued from. The fighters were getting into their rhythms now; ghuls--even necromancers--were nothing new. Another of them fell, though not after having slashed the giant's stony hide open with its spectral blade.
. A momentary break in the fighting gave Iridia time to look up...and gasp in horror. Rather than the dwindling group of undead she had expected to see, a horde of zombies, skeletons, ghosts and ghuls now flooded the hall--and the necromancer's staff still spewed forth gouts of green flame. Unlike so many other practitioners of the dark arts Iridia had met, this necromancer seemed to have unlimited resources of power to draw on.
. A blade slashed across one of Iridia's arms; she renewed her concentration and began fighting once more. The battle began in earnest.
. "Go for the summoner!" Iridia shouted. "Get him first!" A sideways glance at Stoney told her the giant already understood and was trying to do just that. Hampered by the constantly multiplying ranks of unnatural life, he was getting nowhere.
. Behind them, the dark elf joined the battle, loading his bow and firing at the attackers. Carefully aiming at the robed figure, he let an arrow fly. Direct hit! the necromancer staggered. Another hit! The green light still flowed from the tip of the staff; but now it covered the necromancer, dissolving arrows and mending wounds. The ranks of the undead began to thin.
. Iridia saw her chance. Gripping her axe even more tightly, she began hacking her way through decaying flesh towards the robed figure. Three more of the necromancer's ghastly creations fell; and then she found herself face-to-face with the enemy.
. The green light which covered the necromancer's body intensified and thickened; Iridia's axe sped towards the figure's neck.
. The axe bounced off the energy field which protected the robed figure; the blade vibrated crazily, then shattered. Iridia drew a dagger from her belt.
. Suddenly, the dwarf was pushed down from behind; the stone giant leaped over, landing with a crash between her and the necromancer. The giant raised his fist and brought it down... he was going to miss...
. But Stoney was not aiming for the necromancer. The giant's fist smashed instead into the necromancer's staff, splintering it; breaking it. A vortex of pure energy erupted from the shattered weapon, throwing the giant violently to the ground next to his companion. Just before consciousness faded, Iridia thought she could hear the necromancer's dying wail...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 07, 2002 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

. His elven agility allowed Sengoku to dodge the main force of the blast. Recovering his balance, Sengoku looked into the passageway. What was left of the necromancer could no longer trouble them; but those undead that had escaped the blast were still dangerous. Methodically, the dark elf loaded his bow, fired, hit. Loaded, fired, another hit. The undead advanced; hand-to-hand combat seemed inevitable--and tricky, with the disabled healer to protect.
. Movement caused Sengoku to glance to one side. Guinea had recovered his senses. Having struggled to his knees, the high elf was aiming his longbow. A zombie fell to a well-placed arrow.
. Aiming again, Sengoku renewed his effort; now, the enemy was falling faster than they could advance; soon, the last of them lay in the passageway, motionless.
. Guinea now stood, his strength mostly recovered; and he and Sengoku ran towards the fallen fighters. Guinea touched first one, then the other. A cleansing blue shimmer passed over their bodies; wounds mended, and they sat up. Stoney had taken the most damage; the arm with which he had smashed the necromancer's staff was punctured by bits of wood from the staff.
. Apoc stirred, then sat up, his eyes wide at the sight of the undead corpses.
. "Hold still," Guinea said, beginning the task of extricating the splintered wood from the stone giant's arm.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 07, 2002 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

. "Who was that?" Iridia demanded. "That wasn't an ordinary necromancer. That staff..." She picked up the top part of the staff; at the tip of it was set a green crystal.
. Sengoku took what was left of the staff, examining it. "Iridia," he said suddenly, "Let me see your amulet."
. Slightly puzzled, Iridia lifted it for the dark elf to see.
. "I thought so," said Sengoku. "The same cut of the gem... different colors, but the same nevertheless..."
. Guinea threw away the last bit of wood and took the ruined staff from Sengoku.
. "Ah, yes. I've seen this before," he said. "The two gems are not altogether alike. The gem in Iridia's amulet contains a rune of binding. The gem in this staff held the same rune... only reversed."
. "What does that mean?" Sengoku said.
. "This necromancer was under someone's power, controlled by someone. Probably powered by that person's energy. They were connected, through this staff."
. "Who?" But Sengoku already knew the answer; Guinea said it.
. "Gorefist. He would tolerate no other lord's dominion over anyone in these parts. Being immaterial, he needed someone to do his material tasks for him."
. "Then he is more powerful than we thought," Sengoku said.
. "Yes," Guinea answered. "He'll know we're coming now; no doubt he's sensed the breaking of that connection. We had better hurry; I'll do my best to see to the rest of your wounds on the way."
. As the party left that spot to find the ghost lord, Apoc could not believe his ill fortune. Wishing fervently that he had never thought to steal those herbs, Apoc's mind spun around the axis of one thought: Escape.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 07, 2002 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

OOC: that was a damn good post iridia... wish i could think of something to follow that up with.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 at 11:01 (GMT -5)

They moved forward, and the dungeon seemed to darken with every step they made. Each of them alone would escape, but noone wanted to show his (or her) fear to the rest of the group. Save the goblin of course, who shuddered all the time.

They stopped when they saw that the corridor is turning left.

"I feel there is something evil around the corner." said Sengoku. "I can't explain it, but I just know there is someone who wants to harm us."
"I know what you mean", said Guinea, "because I feel exactly the same.
Iridia, Stoney and Apoc also felt that.

"We aren't going to turn back just because of a feeling, are we?" asked Iridia
"No, of course not!", confirmed Stoney, "but who will go first to see what's around the corner?"
"I know who." Iridia smiled and looked at Apoc.
"No! I won't go! Nooooo!" scowled Apoc "You won't make me go!"
"You will go!" said the dwarf. Goblin's left leg moved forward. Then the right one. Apoc fell to the ground and started to crawl in the opposite direction. The ruby on Iridia's neck began to glow as the goblin resisted her command.
"Stop!" said Guinea "His fear is too strong. He won't go."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/15/2002 at 10:38 (GMT -5) by Guinea]
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 at 11:24 (GMT -5)

"So who will go first?" asked Sengoku
"Noone.", answered Guinea, "We will go there together."

Guinea moved forward and his friends came along. Apoc went with them without a complain, because he didn't want to stay alone in a dark dungeon.

The five companions cautiously moved round the corner... and suddenly a ghastly figure appeared a few steps before them!
"YOU WANT TO DESTROY ME PUNY MORTALS?! YOU DON'T HAVE ANY CHANCES!" roared the ghost lord and laughed.
"Gorefist!" shouted Stoney and leapt forward to hit him.
"DON'T!!!" Iridia and Guinea cried in one voice, but it was too late. Stone giant jumped through the ghost and fell on the floor... which suddenly collapsed beneath him!

Dram Gorefist fainted and disappeared.
"It was an illusion" said shocked Guinea "Too bad he lured Stoney into a trap! I'm afraid he's dead."
"Quiet!" shouted Iridia, "I can hear something from the pit!"
Sengoku looked into the dark hole and saw Stoney several meters below hanging on a small rock-shelf. Nothing could be seen below him.
"Help!", he cried, "I won't hold it much longer!"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/15/2002 at 10:43 (GMT -5) by Guinea]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 at 22:25 (GMT -5)

OOC: heh, pretty good. i really ought to post something... but i just wrote something else. sorry...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 at 01:44 (GMT -5)

IC: The companions tried everything they could to get Stoney out of the pit. Guinea searched his pack for a spell, Iridia searched hers for rope, but in the end they could do nothing. They watched helplessly as the rock Stoney was hanging on slowly began crumbling, and Stoney fell away into the deep blackness of the pit.
After the initial shock had subsided and the realization that Stoney was gone slowly hit them, Iridia used here pickaxe to break off some stones from the side of the passage, which they built into a small cairn for Stoney. A few of them shed tears, including Iridia.
They rested for a short time, once they had finished the cairn. During the rest they were silent, and didn't interact with eachother except for when passing food and drink around.

OOC: i thought for a while for a way to get him out, but in the end the hole was just too big... however IMHO he ought to come back later (sort of like a Gandalf kinda thing). of course if someone wants to write Stoney out of the pit instead (i.e. send Apoc down there [like a goblin can pull a giant up...]) i can delete this...

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/22/2002 at 10:42 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 at 06:19 (GMT -5)

OOC: OK, but who is Meridon? I can't remember anyone named Meridon in this RP...

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 at 00:07 (GMT -5)

OOC: oops, wrong RP... my bad. meridon is my char in the ADOM RP 2. alright lets see, do we have any spellcasters in this?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 at 02:59 (GMT -5)

They were in a bad situation, and they knew it: the stone giant had been their best fighter. Strangely enough, no one spoke of turning back, as if by an unspoken agreement to destroy the one who had killed Stoney.

Sengoku, realizing that there would probably be more traps, walked in front of the party and searched the passage as he went. Suddenly he held up his hand. "Stop," he said.

"What is it?" Iridia wanted to know.

"Look here," Sengoku said, pointing to the wall. Nearly invisible inside a carved niche were the sharp points of four spears.

"Gorefist's minions have been here," Sengoku noted. "Stand back while I try to disarm this." Using a dagger, Sengoku carfully attempted to cut a tripwire. There was a hissing sound as the first spear cut through the air. Sengoku jumped aside; the spear clattered harmlessly to the floor. "Close one," he said, brandishing the dagger and trying again. This time he was successful. His companions let out a breath of relief.

Iridia picked up the spear, grasping the wooden pole and trying a few experimental stabs with it. "This will do better than a dagger," she said, "though I long for a good dwarven axe to wield."

They started forwards again--and were instantly enveloped by a gigantic fireball! They could not breathe, could not see, could feel nothing but a searing heat. Then, as suddenly as it had come, it was gone; and as their eyes readjusted to the dark, they could see an evil rune on the floor of the cave.

All of the party had suffered burns, but Apoc, small as he was, had been hurt the worst. Guinea immediately rushed to the goblin's side, applying herbs and healing spells until Apoc's charred skin had returned to normal (though the goblin still huddled in as sorry a heap as if the fireball had thoroughly roasted him!).

Then, Guinea opened his now-charred pack and retrieved several bundles of sweet-smelling herbs. "Here, take these," he told his companions. "Rub them onto the burns." Gratefully, the dwarf and the dark elf did so; their wounds vanished.

"I've failed you," Sengoku said. "I didn't check this section of the tunnel well enough. We shouldn't have run into that trap."

"Don't bother yourself about it," Iridia told him. "If it weren't for you we'd have been skewered by the spears already. But we had best watch out for more traps along this passage."

They proceeded with caution now, carefully checking each step of the dungeon, lest they should tread on any runes or touched any tripwires. Several more traps were discovered and disarmed; and now, the end of the passage was in sight; a heavy oaken door stood in their path.

"I'd give much to know if there's anyone behind that door," Iridia remarked.

"Not a problem, friend," Guinea replied. Rummaging in his pack, he brought out a stethoscope and held it to the door. "Nothing," he said. "All clear."

"Thank you," Iridia said, preparing to open the door.

"Wait!" Sengoku held her back. "If I know Gorefist, the door's probably trapped too!"

It was, of course; Iridia should have expected that much by now. Sengoku's experience in disarming traps was once again put into practice, this time in disarming a rather nasty explosive rune.

When the door was finally opened, the party stepped through into a small room. At the center of the room, a staircase led down into the darkness; stepping closer to it (and once again checking for more traps), Sengoku could smell the familiar odor of decay that heralded undead. Closer still, the stench became almost overwhelming.

"Well, looks like this is where he's hiding," Sengoku said. "Everyone ready to go down?"

"Aye," said Iridia. "But we'll need a plan."
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 10/24/2002 at 22:20 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Go to page 1 2 3 4

This thread have been closed, no new messages can be posted here.