Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / After five years

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Adom Lover
Registered user

Last page view:

5981 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 01:21 (GMT -5)

After five years playing i really understand what Adom. It is just ruined game, because of Thomas Biskup's whimperheadness. Too hard, takes too much time and even its "secrets" are nothing. Maybe if somebody don't have life and jobs, can like what game, but they are just sick freaks who deserve painful and endless death, like our characters.

No, i don't desecrate Adom. It is just ruined, because Thomas wants so much game where you must be very carefully and still try advance fast because of time. Corruption is bad enough, and then its increase in time. If this is not bad enough, Thomas don't like cheating, even if price is more stressful peoples, who hit thingies at real world, then them character died by so stupid reason.

But even he makes mistakes. It is funny then Thomas trying make cheat-protection and believes hackers get bored to break them, but if what be true, why anybodys still playing Adom? Game where your character die after time by time? And why i not quit playing its? Because i am totally bored, stressed and out of anything! I have old computer, i have injured leg and i hate boring games.

I not care challenge, i just want keep fun, even if its meaning cheating. But, they, what is basic ideas of game? Is them must be almost impossible challenge which makes your head explode? Where advance is like moving at large mud pool? Doing same movement time to time (grinding)? Having very little time to accomplish your quest? Oh, no! They are are not game then.

No, if you want challenge, get a job! At least repeating same things and time limits are avaitable, but maybe hard advance and by luck impossible skill level..
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4071 days, 7 hours, 17 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 08:27 (GMT -5)

Um... I happen to like ADOM exactly because it is so difficult. It never was supposed to be easy.

Complaining about ADOM being hard is like complaining about grass being green...
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
KaoticKaos
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 08:32 (GMT -5)

At least he's an Adom Lovr :)
noob
Registered user

Last page view:

5931 days, 9 hours, 47 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 14:04 (GMT -5)

Adom isn't about winning. It's about collecting all kinds of violent deaths - piling bodies of heroes who ended in a sick way on a growing graveyard. If your beloved and promising character falls to another new and twisted pain - THAT's true adom accomplishment (and fun?)!

(if you really wanna win just play a wizard)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 6 hours, 35 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 14:06 (GMT -5)

I think this is just a troll post, guys.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4601 days, 20 hours, 40 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 21:40 (GMT -5)

That was some unexpected amusement. Nothing like broken english, lol. If Adom Lover read a scroll of literacy, how many letters would show up correctly? :P
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Worst Player... ever
Registered user

Last page view:

4695 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 at 15:38 (GMT -5)

I think *someone* just had a 3 hour play session that concluded with a death. ;-)

With his last paragraph I can say that I have a job (I'm at it now actually) and I can say from experience that playing at a job isn't fun at all.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5478 days, 22 hours, 1 minute and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

If you are sick of dying, you can save-scum. It doesn't cause cheat protection trouble. just copy your save file out of the adom_dat/savedg directory, and then back in when you are done. That's how I first won. Then I did it again with a non-save-scummed character and posted it to the hof. There is no reward in a game than posting a difficult feat. Of course, now I am trying for an ultra, and that's causing me even more trouble...but hey, at least I can survive better. Most fighters can get to level 20 rather easily. And maybe I'll even get a win in from the christmas contest...
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Portrait
Ilsekko
Registered user
Sick Burdened Stunned Confused

Last page view:

5967 days, 10 hours, 58 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 05:41 (GMT -5)

I think adomlover has just reached his personal limit..it happens to me(and to you all, methinks)a lot of time to temporary lose interest in adom because of endless frustration, growing anger causing computer kicking, mighty heroes choking on their own vomit..as noob said, thats a part of the game!
Im still trying to beat the game without reading the guidebook and i get a lot of stress for this reason, sometimes i quit playing even for months but i always get back to it. This is what a challenge is about..

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: