Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / nice secret

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

oddis
Registered user

Last page view:

5961 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 09:47 (GMT -5)

if you want birth sign bonuses, such as elder killed by falling star, before character generation in main menu press d, then space, then g.

personally i generated gray elven beastfighter, cup AND elder killed by falling star, that is 20% less exp needed PLUS experience talent 2% less exp :)
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4606 days, 5 hours, 46 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 12:03 (GMT -5)

I don't believe you.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 13 hours, 57 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 12:12 (GMT -5)

I'd say it's just a coincidence
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 16 hours, 23 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 12:14 (GMT -5)

Tested it. Doesn't work.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
oddis
Registered user

Last page view:

5961 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

yes it was coincidence, but it was like 10 coincidences in one shot :)

thou when you press d, it writes at the end "And thanks for listening to my ramblings..."
gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5876 days, 4 hours, 49 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 19:40 (GMT -5)

yeah i had this happen to me often too

i think i posted about it not long ago but definately rng being nice for a while :)
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 10 hours, 35 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 at 20:15 (GMT -5)

I remember scumming once for such a start for a troll barb. STILL got bored with him and the awfully slow leveling :)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 14:32 (GMT -5)

Let me see if I remember correctly. (SPOILERS AHEAD, IN CASE YOU HADN'T READ 100 BY NOW)

Elder killed by a falling star... now I've heard it costs reduced marks for missile skills? I think it's agreed it reduces xp.

Cow born with two heads... more random dungeon shops and special stuff like bees, ants, royal guard, vaults?

The undead were seen packing up and moving out... natural enemy of undead, sometimes they randomly run away from you. Maybe also to hit or to damage vs undead?
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

Ashandarei
Registered user
Spearmaster

Last page view:

4945 days, 21 hours, 21 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 at 15:12 (GMT -5)

I asked about the special birth effects some time ago, and I was answered by Twinge, who is some sort of 'exe digger' and used to answer a lot of questions some time ago. Here is his answer to me. SPOILERS.

"The guidebook is really wrong on this, and sadly the effects of these birth messages are really pretty weak. (Though, if they were too strong, people would scum for them for every new character.)

From what Vladimir and I can tell, only 2 of them even have an effect at all; the effect being reduced exp costs for level ups (by 10%). The two that do this are Falling Star and Two-headed Calf; the other two seem entirely meaningless.

So, the only effects you'll be getting is a little faster leveling up. Nice, but not some miracle worker of luck ;)"
- Twinge
The rust monster touches your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. Nothing happens. You laugh at the monster's pitiful attempt.
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 06:41 (GMT -5)

I bet there are hidden effects they have a hard time quantifying... although, if they are code divers and read the info for those things, maybe that is all they do. Things Thomas didn't finish.

ADOMNewb101
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 18:22 (GMT -5)

I was under the impression that the "long-lost brother" one greatly increased the frequency of random dungeon stuff--altars, vaults, herbs, special rooms. That's been my experience playing with it anyway, although that could just be the RNG playing nice to be. OTOH, I don't ever remember having more than 2 greater vaults in 1 game without it. With it I've had at least 4 before.

I've definitely seen undead randomly run away under the undead one too.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: