Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Poison Hands

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4821 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 02:55 (GMT -5)

So I was walking through the id looking for thick gauntlets, since I had just gotten the poison hands corruption, and I happen upon a potion of gain attributes. I walk over to it, say thanks alot rng, and pick it up. Lo and behold it didn't turn into poison, apparently the artifact gauntlets Shezestriakis prevent poison hands from affecting around 90 percent of the items you pick up, although they have no effect when you drink or eat them. The guidebook made no mention of this so I was not aware they had this effect. Also if you drop the food you are going to eat your whole stack doesn't get cursed.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3132 days, 6 hours, 29 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

The only gauntlets that protect you from Poison Hands are Thick Gauntlets. Accept no substitutes.

P.S. Why in the name of The One That Kills, are you useing Shezestriakis?
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4083 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 18:09 (GMT -5)

Well, alchemic gauntlets can protect you too, so... He might be onto something.

Using Shezestriakis makes sense as long as you don't plan to use weapons. Which is basically only if you're a wizard with far too much PP and spells.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5679 days, 5 hours, 54 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

-15 to hit isn't that much :P
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3132 days, 6 hours, 29 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 20:04 (GMT -5)

The stats on the gauntlets aren't much either. Not worth the artifact food consumption IMHO.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4912 days, 13 hours, 17 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 20:23 (GMT -5)

Food consumption is of little concern past the
early game.
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4083 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 20:30 (GMT -5)

It CAN be annoying when you're in the middle of a boss fight and suddenly your character says "You know, I could go for a nice cooked lizard right now". But that is the result of poor food management.

If you smith up your equipment like there's no tomorrow, the stats of Shezestriakis aren't much, true.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 23:20 (GMT -5)

Allow me to ellaborate upon the circumstances that led to this discovery. I was a level 8 drakish monk with 100 food preservation and I had just gotten a precrown using live sacs, in either pc or ud, which escapes me at the moment. My ecstatic mood at getting serpents bite, was suddenly tarnished when I got crowned with shezestriakis. Regardless of my negative predisposition against these gauntlets, I wore them throughout the early game. They took me from; no resistances, to all resistances, and from very easy to hit, to a point where it was nigh impossible for me to get any shield marks on very aggresive tactics. When you wear these gauntlets and you set your tactics to very aggresive, the to hit penalty balances with the dv bonus. The end result is of course more damage with the same to hit and dv you would normally have on normal tactics, and a much improved coward mode, not to mention the resists. When I was acid breathing the occupants of the bug wilderness, I was near impposible to hit on coward. Thanks to these gloves not even killer bugs had a decent chance to touch me. Also I personally have never smithed any gloves to a dv higher than around 10, so these gloves are the ultimate in dv, which I prefer over pv anyway. Due to the decreased effects of the tactics setting on missle combat, the main drawback to these gloves is not melee combat, but ranged combat.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/14/2008 at 03:13 (GMT -5) by Narcolepcy]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4254 days, 11 hours and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 01:06 (GMT -5)

The -15 to hit isn't actually too bad at high levels, when you end up with to hit of +150 or above. What's terrible about those gauntlets though is the autocursing. If you don't have the remove curse spell then switching rings become an insane nuisance. And the resistances are quite easy to get in all but the very early game.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 01:21 (GMT -5)

Until you get the ring of imunity and the ring of the master cat that is. Worst part about the autocursing is you can't take em off to shoot your bow then put em back on.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: