Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / DE Archer

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

5798 days, 23 hours, 28 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 at 19:41 (GMT -5)

So i started one of these, as can be seen above, and its been one BUMPY ride. Started by doing some of VD, then some of PC, then i finished VD, then PC, and after all that, and various escapades to the towns, I dove through the small cave and found a pool on UD:1.

4 Drinks - Vipers + Gout of Water, See Invisible, Wish!!!(Got an AoLS), and Stun Resist. Proceeded to find a SECOND AoLS on UD:2. Later would get drunk and petrification resist from another pool. You might be thinking, "What's bumpy about that?"

Well, I screwed up again, like last time.
I sacced 1 gold at a Lawful altar when i was neutral, with my alignment doing a lot of shifting from flavors of N to L and back and had my equip destroyed. (Thank god I didn't have an AoLS equipped). Was pretty bad at the time, but i recovered. Then i was plagued by a lack of food resources, due to Munxip never restocking and my dearth of food drops. Constant strained didn't help either.

But otherwise, so far, so good, getting ready to go to griffyard, 61/22 when I'm burdened, 202 hp (tamed big room, which was another HAIRY situation...but i got tons of cursed morgia, that along with the two blessed potions of PoGA i've found got my Wi and To to 26 and 27 respectively).
Other nice things are Elven Chain mail [+2,+8], Cloak of Invisibility, blue dragon gauntlets.

Btw, I can't remember who made it, but i remember following the link to it a while back, the archer guide...whoever that is, thanks. I read it before I started the ranger, and it helped me play both that guy and this one, so again, thx.

EDIT: upon further reflection, i'm surprised i forgot to mention when i got hemmed into a room by bees, and almost died...thank god DE's can eat spiders, or i wouldn't have had the poison resist that saved my life. Boo on suicide attacks!
Going for 2nd win

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/11/2008 at 19:43 (GMT -5) by FantomFang]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4068 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 05:49 (GMT -5)

Looks like an average ADOM game to me. I've had a high elven fighter win the game who had his equipment destroyed THREE TIMES in total, and who also accidentally used the Mana orb once. (Despite having found two pairs of seven league boots, I ended up having to wish for them because of my stupidity handling altars...)

As with everything in ADOM, as long as you are alive, you are on the road to victory!

Oh, and I'm very glad the guide helped. :D
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/12/2008 at 05:59 (GMT -5) by Silfir]
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4806 days, 14 hours, 7 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 05:59 (GMT -5)

Anyone can eat spider corpses and get the resist. Did you bychance mean, thank god I was a DE or I would have starved to death?
FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 09:33 (GMT -5)

kinda both, cuz i might not have eaten them at the time if i wasn't DE
Going for 2nd win
FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 20:21 (GMT -5)

Quick question: Best place to find a berserker lord? haven't found one, and i need to find one before i dive down thru the animated forest so i don't get another monster quest from Thrundar.

EDIT: after looking for one of these for a decent bit of time before i posted this, after posting this i had planned to try diving from I1-10 over and over till i found one, but i found one on D6 and killed him...and holy crap, at on of the stat/skill check intervals, i got 7 skill increases...
Going for 2nd win

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/12/2008 at 21:21 (GMT -5) by FantomFang]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4068 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 08:32 (GMT -5)

That's probably both because of decent Learning and your starsign.

I'd have recommended the cavernous levels in the Tomb of the High Kings, but that's probably because of my aversion against the ID.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: