Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Raising mindcrafter manastats

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Timpen
Registered user
za za zaa za zaa

Last page view:

5771 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 at 13:27 (GMT -5)

I have real problems with my mindcrafters at mid-game due to most of them having hideous manastat. One thing I've noticed is that you do not train the manastat by using mindcrafting. So how do I raise it? I've tried learning some spells to bookcast but it is impossible (some big time crystals of knowledge mining would be needed and I'm still unsure if I'll be able to learn spells by then).
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 11 hours, 19 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 at 13:50 (GMT -5)

Yes, this is a big problem for mindcrafters. One way to train mana is zapping the final charge out of wands, but you're unlikely to find enough wands for this to be of use.

Learning spells with mindcrafters is incredibly difficult, even at high levels with a high learning stat. The best way is to gain some knowledge through potions and wands of wonder (keep recharging the wands and zapping them). Then with the right spellbooks you can book-cast the spell to train the mana stat.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Timpen
Registered user
za za zaa za zaa

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 at 14:19 (GMT -5)

Oh great idea, I haven't thought of that before. I have never finished the game or even come very far into the game with a mindcrafter so I want to experience their awsomeness in late game.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4068 days, 12 hours, 2 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 06:45 (GMT -5)

A good way to start is playing a gray elven or dark elven mindcrafter, which gives you a good deal of mana to work with.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Timpen
Registered user
za za zaa za zaa

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 10:43 (GMT -5)

Yeah but surviving earlygame as gray or dark elf mindcrafter isn't a blast. Prefer dwarf for smithing/mining/detect traps and a bit more muscles (although my last "succesful" mindcrafter was a dwarf and started with 6 strength).

The mindcrafter spells are really weak earlygame. Confusion helps but not that much. 9 out of 10 chars get killed by fire beetle, ghul or claw bug :P
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 11:04 (GMT -5)

It's doable. All you need is some luck finding early PV, and until that I'd just go the berserk rockthrowing or slinging route ASAP, because that leads to rather okay damage rather quick and doesn't require you to go near monsters. Just use everything you find.

Dwarves aren't really a good idea for the skills if you ask me, except if you're really paranoid about early game traps. Okay, it doesn't require much paranoia to be afraid of traps...

Another method (pointing out the obvious again): The Candle starsign. :) Lets your mindcrafter survive the harsh beatings he will probably suffer in the early game. Definitely better than Tree, considering you'll find herbs eventually anyway to increase willpower.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5356 days, 11 hours, 19 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 12:35 (GMT -5)

wands of wonder and potions of wonder are great with the corresponding book. Mostly you get low/bad spells but luckily the matching books are equally easy to come by. Neat thing is that you do not need to kill all your mana with the spell, instead use potion of caladriel or some higher mindcraft to get rid of most of the mana and one book cast will take care of the rest. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but i usually end up with ~50 mana until the mid game(that's all i ever need) so it's pretty effective.
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5356 days, 11 hours, 19 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

usually the problem is not in the mana training but the mana potential. Drakish mindcrafter is my favourite char, they have food preservation and alertness and for me they are the only must have skills in the game. drakelings also possess the acid spit which has huge amounts of use during the game, even if starve scumming is not used.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 6 hours, 14 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 17:31 (GMT -5)

Drakelings also naturally heal almost twice as fast as humans, 1hp/30 turns compared to 1/50(which means more than twice as fast as grey/dark elfs 1/65&1/75), which makes the early game slightly easier. Drakelings and dark elves also have the highest starting Wi.

Spoiler
Pretty much any class you play, drakelings are the best race.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
No, they aren't.

What the hell is with the spoilers?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/30/2008 at 06:04 (GMT -5) by Silfir]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: