Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Some questions

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

ragface
Registered user

Last page view:

5551 days, 18 hours, 58 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

I've played this game a year back or so, by savescumming.. but now I've started to play as its meant to be played. anyhow heres the questions:

If I got a blessed ring of the fish and a waterproof blanket can I swim without the fear of getting my equipped stuff rusted? and if not does it help if I get Swimming to 100?

The problem is that the lvl before AND after the dwarftown are water lvls:/

I've got teleport controll so thats the other solution if I were to find something to teleport with.. I could risk getting the teleport corrupt effect but It might as well be the last one..

And I get hungry pretty often(to the point where I have trouble surviving). Can it depend on the fact that i have a cloak of invisibility.. I also have a blessed pair of seven league boots and still starving.
Im a gnome female assassin..

Sorry for my dodgy grammar..
Any help is sappreciated:)
Hitler is still alive, I made love to her

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/19/2008 at 05:33 (GMT -5) by ragface]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4074 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 06:31 (GMT -5)

Blessed ring of the fish = No drowning damage.
Waterproof blanket = No damage to inventory.

But there is no way to protect the items you have [i]equipped[/i] from rust damage. You have to take it all off before diving into the water to be safe, upon which it will be safe inside your waterproof blanket, and equip it later. Swimming at 100 will not help. Missile weapons to clear the other shore are recommended. A blessed ring of the fish will enable you to move about the water with impunity, but if you have to take off most of your armor, it might not be that advisable to melee.

If you have teleport control, you might want to pay a quick visit to another dungeon, just eastern to the pyramid, in a small mountain range. There's a wand of teleportation to be found there. I advise having either a scroll of magic mapping or some means of item detection to find it, though.

The cloak of invisibility will make you hungry very fast. It is not advisable to keep wearing it all the time. Carrying it in your inventory does not make you invisible, and also doesn't increase the rate at which you grow hungry. I usually wear mine only if I need to.

Blessed seven league boots also don't help, as hunger state depends on turns elapsed, not on time spent. If you've already reached Dwarftown, food shouldn't be a problem though - Or have you already bought out the ratling traders at the arena?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
ragface
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 06:46 (GMT -5)

Okay that explains the hunger.. I tought the boots would help:S well I will only use the cloak when needed.. yeah the ratlings dont even have fried bats to sell anymore:>
I will go fetch the teleport wand(thanks for the info) and go to SMC and use item detection to fetch my waterproof blanket.. problem pretty much solved:) thank you!
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 10:09 (GMT -5)

They're out of the fried bats too? How long have you been wearing that cloak? :D

Also I'm not sure going to the SMC at this point is that good an idea. It gets really dangerous after character level 10 or so.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4904 days, 20 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 11:58 (GMT -5)

If you have a wand of trap creation, it might be
possible to create some teleport traps on both
sides of your rivers. That might save some booze : )
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
ragface
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 11:28 (GMT -5)

Silfir: since almost the begining, now lvl18;p

Well with invisibility, teleport wand and item detection scroll it would only be a quick visit..

And thanks gut for the creative idea:)

Im sitll going to go get the waterproof blanket(which I should've done in the begining)
allready found 4 fireproof blankets and 2 plain blankets.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 09:36 (GMT -5)

That reminds me of the ultra candidate I've got lying around who is missing fireproof blankets to do the Tower with...

Mind if I sneak into your computer and kill your guy, or at least steal some of his blankets?
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4963 days, 5 hours, 34 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 11:36 (GMT -5)

What R/C combo is it Silfir? Blankets and rings of ice aren't necessary, just really really helpful, but maybe you could just go in anyway - elemental gauntlets + water orb = cheap indestructible healing

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/22/2008 at 11:36 (GMT -5) by vogonpoet]
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 18:41 (GMT -5)

I have the resistances to survive, but I'd be lacking an efficient way to kill the damn thing plus its lackeys. I'd have to duke it out in melee. It *might* be possible to do with the water orb, true - I think I didn't consider that one. Maybe once I get fed up with that character lying around on my hard drive. Truth be told, I haven't played ADOM in weeks.
Kellam
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

Just a quick question about teleportation control:
How do I use it? I looked through the keybindings pretty thoroughly and I can't figure what it might be =(
LostInPlace
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 at 21:59 (GMT -5)

@ Kellam

Telecontrol doesn't grant you teleportation abilities, just the ability to control where you go when you teleport. If you want to 'jump around,' you'll either need your character to 'feel like it,' or make him hyper by giving him stuff that 'tastes like candy.'
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 at 06:32 (GMT -5)

Careful, LostInPlace - he already does feel like jumping around, but he doesn't feel particularly jumpy ;)

Corruption and a certain type of helmet will work too. But the easiest method is to just cast a teleport spell in some way. There are scrolls and wands and books.
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4963 days, 5 hours, 34 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 at 09:26 (GMT -5)

and indeed inherent-awesome-yet-late-coming-class-power-ness.
LostInPlace
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

I stand corrected, Silfir. I tend to mix those two up. +1 for nitpicking.
Nezur
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 at 12:39 (GMT -5)

"Your 'Nitpicking' skill increases by +1 to 92."
Kellam
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 at 13:19 (GMT -5)

thanks for your help guys!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: