Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Beastly weapons

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4905 days, 8 hours, 2 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 10:00 (GMT -5)

I was just wondering what the most impressive weapons anyone's come across are. Thinking about it, probably the most intense natural weapon would be a wicked large eternium hammer of devastation, which would be what, (-1,6d13 + 16) or something like that, one-handed, dealing a max of 94 damage, before any other damage boosts. That would be a LOT of fun. Anyways, my PCs tend to find lots of orcish spears of mayhem/destruction, which makes the start of the game nice and easy. So, anyone else found any fun, naturally beefy weapons recently?
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5362 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 12:32 (GMT -5)

any weapon sporting the -of penetration suffix is worth having. I've once found a blessed brutal hatched of penetration(guess where, hint BLESSED), which i used throughout the entire game(not exclusively, though).

The dream would be, of course, wicked eternium two-handed sword of penetration (+18 9d5+18)
damage would be 27-63 but with all the damage inflicted on enemy.

But then again nothing will probably never compare to cow axe being swung by an assassing wielding the cats eye ring.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3123 days, 14 hours, 33 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

Eternium two-handed sword of penetration - found this one a few times. Usually didn't change a thing in my game - either the char was already strong enough to clean out darkforge with no healing or was too weak and died anyway.

An eterinium two-handed sword of devastation is acctually weaker - One lucky char had the opportunity to compare both. Didn't help him with the Chaos Archmage thou ;)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/23/2008 at 12:48 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4903 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

The most impressive weapon I have ever encountered was an eternium two-hander of devastation. It's not so much what it was, as WHEN it was. I found it in the SMC, with only ~50 game turns on the clock : )
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4074 days, 19 hours and 46 minutes ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 18:14 (GMT -5)

Forgot to break your lines in that one, gut. Better fix it, otherwise new users might be deluded into thinking you're sane. ;)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/23/2008 at 20:14 (GMT -5) by Silfir]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: