Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / non-ideal situation

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

B_C_
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 at 11:32 (GMT -5)

OK so I'm playing with a Dark Elf archer that I like a lot...Except no healing and C alignment is keeping me from getting Jharod's quest.

I looked in puppy cave but only found 2 chaotic altars. No altars in VD either. I tried to kill Kranach but somehow after he panicked and ran somebody else killed him (this was weird - I picked up the raider lord corpse but no raider lord on my kill list and the sheriff says I should be quicker next time.)

Anyway, this sucks. I managed to find a good bow, plenty ammo, I rolled amazing stats and I really like this char but I need healing. What should I do?
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4074 days, 14 hours, 36 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 at 13:57 (GMT -5)

Go to Hotzenplotz. Get quest to kill Jhaord. Kill Jharod. Return to Hotzenplotz. Take off helmet if you'd like to keep it. Talk to Kranf Niest.

Later you can try to kill Hotzenplotz to get the amulet of order, but it's risky to use that without Healing.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/8/2009 at 14:04 (GMT -5) by Silfir]
Portrait
littlebrather
Registered user

Last page view:

4809 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

While doing Jhaord quest, U resive lawful bonus - my DE archers usually after Jhaord heal carpenter receive CN when just go to village elder and Chat with him It's a miracle! U are now N- =)
enjoy =)
until it sleep
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 at 16:22 (GMT -5)

I'm not as optimistic. If you're too high level, the lawful boosts won't cut it anymore since you've probably already become too chaotic.

You can still try it, though. After saving Yrrigs killing Jharod is still on the table...
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
B_C_
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 21:37 (GMT -5)

I killed Hotzenplotz but the amulet of order just damages me and doesn't change my alignment.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 18:59 (GMT -5)

It does change your alignment, just like the itching feeling while neutral! You pretty much need Healing to cancel out the damage, however... So this was probably not the best way to go about it. On the other hand, you can stick around Jharod and have him heal you, so maybe it still works out.

Now that you killed Hotzenplotz, of course, you have closed off the tremendously easier and thus preferable solution...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: