Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / challenge mini xpxp

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
MIndstorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

It's impossible to to take your companions to Chaos Plane level. Therefore, summoned ones should be too weak in order to finish ElDeR ChAoS GoD.

Sorry, name should be
Mindstorm (typo)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/8/2002 at 09:20 (GMT -5) by its autor]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 16 hours, 43 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 10:40 (GMT -5)

Hmm, that could cause problems on D:50 too - you can't take companions across D:49, so you can only have freshly created ones, which might not be enough to take out the hordes.

Even so, isn't the level of a newly created companion linked to the current danger level, which is presumably very high on D:50 and the Chaos Plane, and could be made even higher with scrolls of danger if desired? Also, remember that you can take Andor Drakon down to critically wounded yourself, and not get any xp as long as your companion finishes him off.

BTW, what exactly happens if you have companions next to you when you enter the gate? Do they follow, and succumb to the forces of chaos the way you would if you weren't properly equipped, or do they just stay behind? I'll have to try this sometime.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 15:13 (GMT -5)

How about scrolls of familiar summoning? Isn't it possible to summon a companion on D:50?... Maybe even the Chaos plane? The danger level is very high there so some decent companions could be created. If you had the capability to write ten to fifteen of SoFS, your companions could gradually wear Andy down.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Jedik
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2002 at 05:05 (GMT -5)

Ekaterin If you enter on Chaos plane companions stays on D:50

Iridia It's possible. On D:50 and Chaos plane too. I got two greater earth elemental on Chaos plane. But they were not very helpfull. And I think its a limit to numbers of companions. 3 maybe 4.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5829 days, 23 hours, 58 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2002 at 22:25 (GMT -5)

Hrmmm author is spelt wrongly in that sentance [Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/9/2002 at 00:20 (GMT 10) by its autor]

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

14 hours, 50 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2002 at 23:16 (GMT -5)

If you are realy determined I think you can bring companions to D:50 by creating closed doors all over the icy level and teleporting your companion so that it end up next to the down stairs...

It would be rely interesting to see what would happen if your companion managed to kill Andor though...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 10, 2002 at 00:11 (GMT -5)

C'mon, somebody cheat a character into the Chaos plane and tell us...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7762 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 06:38 (GMT -5)

Jan it's imposible:) On icy level didn't work teleportation:) But the way is simple. You just throw or shot some misilles, and you just push your companion/slave;)
animate corpse didn't work on level 48 or your slave didn't follow you to icy level. But on level 50 you can animate corpse, and in chaos plane to... And you can teleport to chaos plane with your companions in backpack (corpse to animate, wonderful figuryne, my friends found greater moloch figuryne, it's very slow but powerfull companion:) But GM adjust to your power and in pacyfist chelenge you have level 1 and it's not good idea)
One my necro animate 4 liches in andor drakon palace. AD was easy confused and had a lots of problem with orientation:)))

Ethernium man.... I think the best clas combination to this chalange would be elv bard born in Raven or beter in cap 20% less exp to level:))))

A Music skill about 90% and more
B In smale cave must be altar
C PC must have item of invisibily ring, cloak...

But first non kiled emperor lich ending carier of this PC. If he survive to EL;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 07:13 (GMT -5)

A series of companions could seriously damage Andy... Maybe ten to fifteen, or so (magical writing sets are of course necessary for this). Along with lots of SoCR, of course... it would take quite a long time... and decent speed (about 400-600, I'd say...some serious bug-scumming) to keep running away from Andy until your numerous companions finished him off. But here's the question: Is it possible to create companions that can hurt Andy faster than he regens? I'm thinking it would be near impossible to win pacifist with a necromancer, since you'd need at least one corpse to start out with... The Mad Minstrel is a possible source, but it's a long shot.... On second thought, a drakeling necromancer mightn't be too bad; they've got Music, which is very necessary in emergencies if your companion gets killed... Even a Large Bat can save you sometimes, if only by staying between you and that pesky Ghost Lord.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/13/2002 at 07:18 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 16 hours, 43 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 07:45 (GMT -5)

I don't know much about necromancers, but here are a couple of suggestions for getting corpses. You might just find one in Munxip's shop, or just lying around in the small cave. Or you could go to Lawenilothehl, lead a hostile inhabitant past a friendly one and let them fight. The cloaked ratling can be relied upon to defend you. I use this strategy if a tough guy starts beating on me when I go to Lawenilothehl for my first kill.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

Pacyfist chelenge is very tought. Lots of a good stuff are prohibited for low level character. Giant slugs drop corpse after kill only when PC are some about 20 level, phase daggers, wand of wishing, eternium stuff. Generation of items are in corolation with PC level.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm What egzackly mind "non killing monster"?
What if I shot into Andor Drakon potions of sicknes, of raw chaos (maybe chaos him didn't heall;)) of exange or of poison, and just wait for death AD?;) Or for polymorph?;) And what with alchemist experiment when you mixed random indegriends?;) And what with wisshing of sheep in palace of Andor Draqkon when you are deaf and suddenly apears banshe. Banshe screaming and Andor Drakon is instatly death;) Suddenly Banshe looks more powerfull! Banshe transform into new ChAoS gOd;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 18:50 (GMT -5)

IIRC wishes don't work in chaos plane...

ivan.sourceforge.net
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 01:56 (GMT -5)

Speaking of...ummm...interesting challenge games how about a "Cowardly Hero" challenge. The opposite of Berserker challenge - play the whole game through in Coward mode. This way all weapon skills would be at level 0 (unless you traded the golden gladius with Bart) which would make things a tad hard (unless you were playing a spellcaster).
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

Hmmmmmm I wished in Chaos Plane Sheep, I geting Banshee;) But Andor Drakon was immune on Banshee screeming. My Liches quickling king, queen and bard (yes it's true Filks corpse can be animated:))))) and one kobold lich;)
Was very low leveld about 21:(((( All was kiled by AD, Filk was confused and teleported by AD;) I animated cooked corpse all was criticall demaged and afraid, but liches very fast heeling their self and on my commend their fight with AD...
Ahmmm my necro was champion of Order, maybe my aligment was to good to animate more powerfull undeads?;) They adjusat only to level 21.... I drowned my aligment from L+ to L
I throwed in AD potions of blindes, he was blinded and crasy teleported I have a lots of problem with localised, (detect monster) teleported and AD teleported again, again and again. He teleported in anytick/turn/round (time unit in ADOM;)
Potions of raw chaos: Nothing happends (no corrupted by no healing effects AD to:))
Potions of sicknes: AD glow in green light. But it's did'nt work. I throwed PoS into frost giant with 306 HP he was glow in green but he always had 306 hitpoints.
Potion of exchange... Ups I didn't throwed

Hmmmmm what is the higher value of white stones in balance libra.
When you have C- and extremaly chaotical you have 10000 black stones, but how many can you have a whit stones??? My necro champion of order maxymal had 6000 white stones. And no more. Never. When I gained 6000 white stones then no effects of laufull acts. I healing monsters, I give a lots of food to begar and nothing. No effects. I usually have a chaotics necro, this is first with laufull aligment;))) But I allways thinking there is balance 10000 black and 10000 white.... Ahmmmmm And in tention moment of game I observe than in increase my aligment works only sacrifaced javelin of doom and giving food to begar. When I healing monsters I didn't geting a mesages You have a prepare form, and no increas of white stones:( Of korz when you healing a monster who was atacked by you there is no effects to your aligment. But this was monsters who was injured by other monster, not by me.
J. heh you thinking about this same chelenge, but when you casting you must change your tactics to berserk;)

Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: