Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Yay, you feel lucky.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6324 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 13:28 (GMT -5)

LAst night I started a new game with hurtling archer. It went like I planned, saved puppy, found quicksilver quarterstaff, killed kranach, got healing and stuff. I went thru the SMC and to the fortress-like village, then to CoC... found couple vaults, nothing special from then. Did first elders quest and took the second and started going deeper to CoC. Couple levels below of dwarven town I got a message: You feel a surge of power, you feel a surge power. Whoohoo! Got Bracers of war and skullcrusher. Guardians was a master swordsman and a hellhound, both fell easily to my sling and couple rocks (lvl. 11 slings) ... I really feel lucky sometimes.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/8/2002 at 15:46 (GMT -5) by Crimson King]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

So that make you feel lucky.Havent you seen the "This was good , this was really good" threads on the spoiler section few weeks(months) back.Thats what I call lucky.
Stas dipped 18 rings in PoE and got 18 RoDS.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 15:39 (GMT -5)

aargh, now I feel cursed and doomed.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 11 hours and 42 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 18:31 (GMT -5)

lol!
i'd feel lucky in either case; i've gotten about 2 or 3 wishes in all my careers, and had a grand total of 1 surge of power.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7766 days, 35 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 10:44 (GMT -5)

Crimson maybe your PC has born with special omen? Or you made your PC in bithday of Thomas Biskup. PC are lucky and fate smile at you... It's realy big help on begining

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

Crimson look at the threads with titles similar to this was nice on page 3 of the spoiler forum.That'll really make you feel doomed cursed.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I noticed. That's why I feel like I'm cursed and doomed.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 21:32 (GMT -5)

and trapped with no food and ~2000 Sis at ID:66. oh and you don't have food pres. plus your sick, and poisioned, and don't have any spells. and on top of that you've been slowed by a clay golemn, and as well as whatshisfase you have an eternium golemn to deal with.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6972 days, 17 hours, 16 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 05, 2002 at 07:41 (GMT -5)

Once in UD:4 I had a surge of power with my elven priest (can't remember was it high or gray elf, nevermind that) There was a named yellow ooze guarding an artifact. I had no bolt spells, so I lured it level up, escaped from it and went downwards to get the artifact. It was Skullcrusher.
Now you think I'm lucky, don't you? And what happened next?

I found out that I can't go downwards from UD:4 because I couldn't pass through water :(( I had to went back to UD:3. And of course I ran straight into the ooze I left there. It of course killed me. Damn :(((
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 05, 2002 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

Nice.

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 05:39 (GMT -5)

Cursed and doomed
low experience gray elven necromancer (level ~16). I was going for ring of the High King.
You feel surge of power, it was named will o'f wisp who guarded shinning spear Soaker (good food for the ratling:)). He srugs off my bolts. I haven't ice ball, immuny to fire (burning hands was my the most power full spell and frost bolt to:)) But lucky it cudn't pickup items. I teleport on artifackt, pickup and escape:)

My current PC trolish thief
You steal a rune-covered sling! (He had ~11 level)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 06:04 (GMT -5)

Talking about luck... I was playing a gnomish bard that was cursed and doomed (from fountain scumming). Had turned C (from eating wight corpses in the dwarven graveyard). Tried to turn back to N in a neutral altar. Offered 100 GP... Berwyn gets pissed off and curses all my stuff. Including my girdle of carrying. Oops. Overburdened. Try to get rid of extra weight by dropping stuff on altar. Get surrounded by rats. Eventually I get rid of overburdened by firing some arrows at the rats and kill the rest. Then try again to convert and eventually make it. Still have most of my stuff cursed (no scrolls of remove curse).

And I even decide folishly to go to Darkforge to kill some steel golems. While Cursed and Doomed. I even manage to kill quite a few of them. I even survive a minotaur lord, earth elemental and air elemental in DH (mainly thanks to invisibility). Eventually I manage to get rid of doomed state after loads of sacrificing. Now I need to get my stuff uncursed and get some cold spells for ToEF (have two rings of Ice).
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 10:35 (GMT -5)

100 GP to sacrifacce? It's not good. High risk to convert altar. The best ist offering 5 GP (once I convert altar when sacrificce 10 GP:)). And you mast be naked and with only money. Rest of the stuff dropped near altar:)
Items with guaranted doomed status are nice. But only when you want trains weapon skill, or get some nice stuff. You wear something of damnation and walk on wildernes. One step one meething with monsters. The best resultat is on the road near Piramid. I meet sceleton patrol or alone necromancer. remove items of demnation wear ankh. And fight very lucky. But it is good when PC has level 10~20. After it blue dragon cave roolaz

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

gnoll war partys are fun to splatter when you've got a adamantium two-handed sword. lots of gnolls=lots of xp and wep. marks. i don't even need doomed. *g* and when my stuff load gets too heavy, go into DDL and sac on an altar. *fun...* although i once got conf. and accidentally left a whole bunch of stuff lying on the ground... arg. he's up to very close, havin a hard time getting extremely close for precrown (N-). moon sicle helped. too bad not much is gennd there for live sacs.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 11:32 (GMT -5)

Heh yeap gnoll war party is very nice:)))))) But gnolls offen critically hits, and pounched armor... And personally I likes sceletons:)))

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 22:32 (GMT -5)

but gnolls give more XP, and there are more of them *g*
BTW that guy died in a most unspectacular way... go check him out, Aeowir IIRC on untimly deaths for 1.0.0.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

Jeah but gnolls give you battle axe and some stuff, sceletons lots of bones and randomize stuff... Exp.... Hmmmmmmmm I don't like when my PC takes a lot of exp in short time. Sometimes is cool when you can just kill and find some items, not exp.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

14 hours, 31 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 07:49 (GMT -5)

Gnoll warparties are cool, with all the battle axes they generate you are almost bound to find a good ego version sooner or later.

A murderous battle axe of devestation or some such is defenently nice to have...

Besides a dozen gnolls drop just as much random stuff as a dozen skeletons so it's a win-win situation IMHO. Unless you are waiting for the pyramid getting a lot of exp is hardly a bad thing in any case. Only downside with wilderness hunting is that it take up a LOT of game time, 7LB's help, but still...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

plus the battle axes are almost alwyas saccable.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 22, 2002 at 19:07 (GMT -5)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a #$@%$@##$% I'm doomed! I tried to make my first precrowning in my life. I play now 12 level drakeling necro, with one artefact - si. And tadam when I make pickpocket to victim standing on altar (pickpocketing just in case) then what a pity - rune-covered sling... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Next three levels for waiting. Just only for cutting veins:)
What a f*** rng;)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/22/2002 at 19:12 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 22, 2002 at 19:41 (GMT -5)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second time
What a @#$%$ $%^&%#$$@ $#@%^%$# Ancient dwarven slay cave lion to prove your valor... ARGHHHHHH!!!! The most stupid quest whenever I saw.... Ahmmmmmm ring in to pocket and killing the cat;)

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 22, 2002 at 21:09 (GMT -5)

And no problem, my PC just was frozen to death;)It was a pain but less than cats killing.
Now just try again BM:)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/22/2002 at 21:10 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
Drendil
Registered user

Last page view:

7838 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 at 05:52 (GMT -5)

Talk about luck... Ever heard these words:

"I want you to slay a ki-rin to prove your valor."
I've seen two of them during all the years I've played ADOM =)

Drendil
Portrait
DaC
Registered user
Duh..

Last page view:

8048 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 07:15 (GMT -5)

Ever seen this,

the Ancient Dwarf says,
"I want you to slay an ancient dwarf to prove your valor"

talk about luck...

Duh, troll juice..
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 09:06 (GMT -5)

Yeah but ancient dwarf never gives a unique monsters to slay. Ki-rin is a very rare, but cats are special:) If you want get a nice item, you must blocked dwarven quest for a long time:) When you meet a cat you are very carefull, schocked, amaizing and you very fast think, how to not a kill this f*** monster. Before ADOM I love cats, but now hmmmmmm I love to, but there is some shadow between cats and me;)

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3759 days, 8 hours, 22 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

Wonder if TB likes cats? Or hates them? :D

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 13:36 (GMT -5)

He must like cats. Because in ADOM is very good to you if you didn't kill any. He protect cats in ADOM:)

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 17:30 (GMT -5)

Yes, but if he dislikes cats, he would want you to dislike them too. And so he makes the game so that you want to kill the cats more than any other monster (except maybe Andy himself) but get frustrated when you can't. Thus the expression, "Those d--n cats!"

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 at 08:29 (GMT -5)

Maybe, but when you killed a lots of cats, then you have a big problem with one big cat;) Ofcourse DR roolaz;) But I love cats:)))

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

Yes, so do I, actually. I've had three of them in my lifetime, and gotten to know three different feline personalities... not to mention being forever protected from mice, rats, and grasshoppers. :)

Isn't there some sort of limit to the toughness of the monster the Ancient Dwarf will ask you to kill? A ki-rin shouldn't be possible since it's probably not found above CoC:25 (I saw my only ki-rin at lev. 30).

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: