Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Yay, you feel lucky.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3759 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

Yes, so do I, actually. I've had three of them in my lifetime, and gotten to know three different feline personalities... not to mention being forever protected from mice, rats, and grasshoppers. :)

Isn't there some sort of limit to the toughness of the monster the Ancient Dwarf will ask you to kill? A ki-rin shouldn't be possible since it's probably not found above CoC:25 (I saw my only ki-rin at lev. 30).

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7765 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 at 14:13 (GMT -5)

I found my last PC only one Ki-rin in blue dragon cave.... Once I get quest to slay mimic:) Easy kill, it was in the shop:) And I always first take quest from ancient dwarven, just in case after it I'm going to the shop;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6324 days, 13 hours, 25 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 at 16:18 (GMT -5)

The one big and fast cat gives nice exp at lvl 20... I've never gotten the RotMC... always killed couple cats before the big wussy.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 at 07:59 (GMT -5)

Maybe but this ring is very nice.... What ring in ADOM is very good? All is ehmmmmmmmm a trash... Oki RoDS roolez. But you only use not a wearing:) RoHK just keep in backpack;) If I have RotMC I allways keept it. If I must wear RoI or RoF, I remove other ring (immunity to if i have:))
My ideal dreaming weapon in ADOM is murderous ethernium "anything" (ideal spear or two handed sword, halberd, maybe staff) of penetration.

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/28/2002 at 11:41 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6972 days, 16 hours, 24 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 at 09:40 (GMT -5)

Once I had eternium halberd of penetration. Kicks ass.

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 at 11:42 (GMT -5)

Yeas I know but this combo murderous + penetration should be special deadly in combat:)

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

IMHO wicked eternium 2HS of devestation would be great. something like 13d7 + 18 damage... hahaha!

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 29, 2002 at 01:45 (GMT -5)

Recently I tried Eternium man challenge with a trollish healer who found an eternium two-handed sword in the SMC. Died when he was lvl8. And I had only 42 levels to go :(

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 at 07:04 (GMT -5)

Eh, trolls aren't the best choise for eternium man challenge... It tooks so god damn long to get over lvl 10, how you think you can survive over lvl 30? or 50?

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3759 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

But maybe they are? A troll at level one is much tougher than a level one high elf, even though the elf will gain levels much faster. The difficulty of the monsters doesn't increase until the level of the player does... and since a troll levels up more slowly, it has more time to collect better equipment, to raise stats... though this is probably offset a little by the fact that a troll usually has low Learning to start with.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5833 days, 11 hours, 37 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2002 at 01:58 (GMT -5)

Trolls experience requirements to level 50 obscenely outweigh any downsides to elves in my opinion. However i'd go for an orc. The backstabbing skill is very powerful, cross that with a bard taming animals so they can fight amongst themselves you've got a nice combination.

Probably the easiest way to do the eternium man challange is to start with a spellcaster with slow monster (perhaps a gnome priest would be best) - casteth upon thyself. Thence drink from a pool (one generated in SMC hopefully), wish 1 - wands of death, wish two AKW, wish three AKW. Level 50 achieved. It would make life a lot easier if you got perm. invisability just before you wished for AKW's aswell.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2002 at 13:11 (GMT -5)

Dougy I tried what you said long back.Got upto lvl 18.Cant remember what killed me.But it only took one hit.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 08, 2002 at 10:02 (GMT -5)

A really gut class to eternium man maybe tchief. He have a great bonus to still and find an usefull items. PoGA, PoChR, healing potions, scrolls, phase daggers, artefacts....

Realy good to bard. Lots of skills, bonus to stats. Tame with music. Lots of friends. Powerfull friends.
But in SMC must be altar, and PC must gain permament invisibility in early game.
Hmmmm and why wishing for AKW? Yeas I know they drop lots of stuff. But hmmmmm what about one wish?:) If PC has a PG hmmmmmmm.... it's to dangerous like make eternium man when just walk and fight in SMC without special wishes;) But it's a realy fast way to make EM chellenge:)

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 4/8/2002 at 10:18 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 08, 2002 at 10:51 (GMT -5)

bards can only have 3 friends tho. and for eternium man ?oChR and PoCC aren't much use.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 08, 2002 at 11:48 (GMT -5)

Maybe not, but try make 50 levels without corruption effects. It's require time...
And one stupid corruption can everything destroy....
And thief still lots of potions and scrolls, he has great assortment...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/8/2002 at 11:50 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 08, 2002 at 21:51 (GMT -5)

in SMC? easy! corrupting-hit monsters are rare, and theres no backgraound.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 09, 2002 at 06:41 (GMT -5)

Duke I said that thief have a great assortment to still/find some items scrolls, potions, wands, rings and other... It would be very helpfull to survive in SMC

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 09, 2002 at 16:16 (GMT -5)

i read that part, but you were talking about making 50 lvls w/o corruption. that's what i refered to.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 at 00:14 (GMT -5)

I tried Eternium Man with trollish healer, who found an eternium 2handed sword in the SMC. Survived only to lvl8. So I dare to say that challenge is unwinnable.

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 at 00:33 (GMT -5)

ouch, eternium 2-handed sword and you still tried the eternium man challenge?

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 at 19:32 (GMT -5)

Ha ha I'm good;) Me just maked my first in my life precrowning:) My PC 10 level (M) drakeling necromancer Squek do it in mad carpenter dungeon, and he got the Wyrmlance;) Yeyeyeyeye I LOVE THIS GAME;)

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 at 22:34 (GMT -5)

lucky, closest to my god i've ever gotten was very.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5769 days, 4 hours, 21 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 at 04:38 (GMT -5)

I've never been pre- or post-crowned - it seems as if by the time I've got enough stuff to get to extremely close, several guaranteed artifacts have been generated so I'm too low level for it.

You probably know that offering your god lots of gold is a good way to get your piety up, but maybe you don't know that blessed stomafillia herbs are good too. Try playing a character with a good Herbalism skill (maybe Trollish Healer, since you like combat wombats), and sacrifice your blessed stomafillia when you can.
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2002 at 05:34 (GMT -5)

I've got one precrowning, that happened at the puppy cave's second level where the ants are... I just sacrificed all the ants and then all the metal what they got from the walls... I was very close by then already so the rest was easy. Can't remeber what artifact I got but it sure was sucky. The character died at the bottom of puppy cave.

Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: