Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / A thought provoking idea

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6972 days, 3 hours, 49 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

Archangel: it would be hard to test. The only solution seems to be throw away the bucket through the open window, otherwise the water can freeze before you'll pour it (and your hand can freeze to the handle of the bucket :)))

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7359 days, 15 hours, 8 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 15:58 (GMT -5)

Good point. Not that I intend to test it...

Anyway I like all the season and I'm waiting eagerly for winter... and those awesome northern lighs... Warm cups of coffee near the fire while watching the snow storm outside....*sighs*

You should visit Finland sometime:)

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 hour, 5 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 18:20 (GMT -5)

My only real complaint about the winter is the cold (the and short days) ;)

Well actualy the way the cold affect my car... The locks freeze solid and it can take up to 15 minuts to get the worst frost off the windows so you can actualy see anything from the inside...

Once I had to manualy hold the door closed because the locking mechanism had frosen solid in open position (this was after spending 10 minutes blowing on the lock just to get the door open in the first place)...

Oh and for some reason the dry air you freqently get during winder (at least inside with all the heating) seems to make everyting extra prone to generating static electricity... I seem to have stray hayrs standing out in all directions and getting chocked by metalic objects thoughout most of the winter...

But I don't rely mind winters (I could probably make a equaly long rant about what I hate about summer), and they also make you apreciate summers that much more :)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/8/2002 at 18:22 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Prickle Pear
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 at 17:36 (GMT -5)

ABout that cyclops thing,
all the cyclops I know of are very intelligent, but can't see very well. That's from the folklore I hear....
Greatr White Unicorn
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 at 05:30 (GMT -5)

Maybe their vision lies within more than externally. They say that lacking a sense makes every other sense more accute to make up for it, not sure if this is true though, maybe at least not for everybody who lacks a sense, I'm not sure.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1658 days and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

for the vision that I loss, I gained intelligence and weight. For the hearing I loss (severe ear infections,) I gained a good sense of smell and some really nasty asthma.
C at school
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 at 11:51 (GMT -5)

Eh, I always get otis media, or otis externa,all the time, I need glasses, one day I woke up and realized, AH, everything is blurry!!! Nothing I can do, for I live in a ghetto, and I must go 3 months without health insurance!

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 11/8/2002 at 11:51 (GMT -5) by its author]
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: