Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ADOM 2 What new do you want?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6679 days, 8 hours, 7 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

Taz: Think i got a little carried away...

Lol

But wouldnt it be nice to be a High Elf/Orc whos building his own shop to sell stuff? :D

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 1/27/2004 at 15:49 (GMT -5) by @]
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

368 days, 11 hours, 20 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 at 11:30 (GMT -5)

I would like some means of gathering your own potions of water.

Not infinite but perhaps emptying potions that you don't want to keep, and fill them with water in a dungeon river or in the wilderness.
Portrait
MadTom
Registered user
Minister of Untelligence

Last page view:

6145 days, 16 hours, 59 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 at 01:38 (GMT -5)

Marillion: That would be nice, but it would make blessing things way too easy. It's crossed my mind before as one of the more illogical things about ADOM. <:(

I think the idea of the shop is going a bit far, but it would be nice if merchants had the ability to try to sell things to any non-hostile PC. Maybe a new skill ... 'Salesmanship'?

Also, @'s idea about killing one's children for EXP made me laugh hard, sadistic bastard that I am.

"For only one you'll step aside and cease your faithful vigil:
The one who wears your brother's ring emblazed with Heaven's sigil."

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5034 days, 15 hours, 36 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 at 07:58 (GMT -5)

lol@madtom

the idea of a shop could be good in a multiplayer ADOM... but i like it as a single player game :P

good idea about potions of water. just empty all your bottles and dip them into a river or pool. yeah, that'd be cool. (warning: stupid joke coming) i could clear the graveyard by using holy water as missiles, could gain like 5 skill levels with "thrown potions".

the idea about nemesis races is cool, but it'd be hard to find one for every single race and dark elves would have it pretty bad. i guess this is already slightly implemented in that dwarves don't eat orc corpses. maybe if it was expanded?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 at 13:57 (GMT -5)

MuhAhAhaAh.

What about Barter Skill?
Like in Fallout's

Heh

Portrait
MadTom
Registered user
Minister of Untelligence

Last page view:

6145 days, 16 hours, 59 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

Idea! What about a 'water flask', with a limited number of usings, say 50 give or take 2d5, or something like that? You'd be able to refill it, and bless it in the same way as potions of water, but it would have a limited number of uses. It'd be fairer, and they'd be very useful items ...

"For only one you'll step aside and cease your faithful vigil:
The one who wears your brother's ring emblazed with Heaven's sigil."

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 10:20 (GMT -5)

Good Idea

Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7321 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 01:17 (GMT -5)

i think there should be an 'E'mpty command, empty your potion of whatever, and fill it up from a river/water trap and hey presto! potion of water!
unless 'E' is taken, i cant remember

What do you Wish for?_
Gandalf The Unique
Registered user

Last page view:

7398 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 09:37 (GMT -5)

:there should be some way to exercise your stats "naturally" rather than potions and some generated in the game.(for which the RNG has to be kind to you).Like make available a "make-up" skill for female humans!!!!

:Your Pc meets prospective neutral adventurers. You can Chat with them to get messages like that from mad-min but can never attack him. Or may pick their pockets with pcs having stealth and pickpocket both at 100.

:a spell to animate your objects and perhaps walls!!. probably reserved to a prticular race and/or class. if done on a cursed object it attacks you instead!!!should be a highly demanding spell like wish!

:Even if you have killed one or two cats (a small percentage of total kills) and you have killed sooooo many rats, the cat lord gives you the ring in autocursed state with a "You are Ok" message.

:some NPC to provide the Food Preservation skill.

sorry if i made u people vomit.

Who said nothing is impossible?
I have done nothing all my life.
Gandalf The Unique
Registered user

Last page view:

7398 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 09:40 (GMT -5)

E is clean your ears(remember banshee)?
may be Alt + E.

Who said nothing is impossible?
I have done nothing all my life.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/1/2004 at 09:41 (GMT -5) by Gandalf The Unique]
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

I like gandalfs idea of neutral adventurers like you are.

They could tell you stories and hints, it could be fun.

Heres some new ideas:

-When attacking, you could choose what spot to hit, like hit at head, torso, legs, if you hit on head it would do massive amounts of damage but rarely hits. hit in leg would make the enemy collapse, so it could not move. hitting on eye would make it blind and bleed much, hehe.

-Not have to kill anyone to beat the game, you could begin to be a fsher and build your house and live happily, or be a mercenary, or something :P

Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6515 days, 1 hour, 22 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 14:08 (GMT -5)

@. Those two ideas would take a *lot* of effort to put into effect. Location specific damage would require a lot of coding to make it work (properly!).

And the second one is so improbable right now that it probably wouldn't be implimented till ADOM version 3.?.?.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 15:05 (GMT -5)

Yeah, well it would be done step by step.

like in version 1.30? you could aim in head.

Or something, lol

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

A while ago someone mentioned wishing for artifacts, and I think it wouldn't be too overpowered if you had to give 2 artifacts in return, and could only wish for types of artifacts. ie. "artifact spear" "artifact helmet" "artifact tool" though maybe it would have to be completely random to avoid being overpowered.

Here's an idea that would be fun, but probably hard to implement: Being able to make two of your own characters fight eachother, or fight somebody else's character in the Arena or something. This wouldn't affect the game at all, it would be just for fun. It would only take one computer, and you would kind of take turns with the other person. Prayer, and pack items wouldn't be allowed, or fights would almost go forever. But it could work.
xoen
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

what i want to see in new version?

JUST MORE AND MORE!!!More terrain,group monster actions.
and multi maybe....
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 at 11:16 (GMT -5)

I think multiplayer would not be that much fun, and it would got HUGE time from TB.

I think

Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7052 days, 6 hours, 26 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 at 19:37 (GMT -5)

I like @'s idea of having children, so that you could cook them and never go hungry. Like Ratling Traders, but cheaper. And female characters would have to stay at the Barbarian Glade for 9 months prior to birth, and afterward their attractiveness drops by maybe -8 and they suffer weakness for at least a month.

Actually - and seriously - I think the following would help:

1. Let smiths build armor for pets

2. Being wounded should somehow impact speed and strength. I don't think you should be able to fight at full strength when your HP looks like 3/152

3. Allow characters to work themselves into blind rages and paranoid cowardice slowly. The higher your willpower, the faster you can effectively change your mental state.

4. In general, more peaceful interactions. What child yells "the elf is scaring me!", yet is perfectly content living with a water dragon? The Clans idea is a good one, although I suspect that while you can base them on race, alginment and profession, the one commonality that I think would fit nicely is religion.

5. What the heck is gardening all about? Am I supposed to stand around with a sackful of seeds, literally just watching the grass grow? I'd better stack up on potions of snooze... er, booze, rather. Liven it up for the famers. Maybe let them have animated tree pets or something.

6. How about only sacrificing dead bodies (and virgins)? I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense for anyone other than high-level priests to be able to perform ritual sacrifice on a stream of monsters, animals and bad guys as they.. umm.. decide to climb over an altar on the way to killing you.

7. Why do rabid dogs get along so well with everyone except me? If I kick a beehive, how do the upset bees, swarming out of the hive, know that it was me who kicked it, and not the very suspicious and guilty-looking goblin rockthrower, standing by with a rock in his gnarled hand? I can buy goblins not attacking ogres, but I can't buy berserkers not attacking anything. For that matter, if my character is berserk, how does he have the patience to read a whole book while under attack? I think we need to have a look at our definition of berserk.

Where was I? Oh yes, eight.

8. Certainly, a shopkeeper should get suspiscious at the very least if I walk around stuffing every item in sight into my sack.

9. Enough with the stone blocks.

10. Whoever was talking about item identification being a huge waste of time was right. I spend the early game (which I've only gotten past a couple of times) colleting items and looking for an altar. I'm not sure why my God-of-the-Moment is happy to tell me if the item is blessed or cursed, but refuses to tell me what it does. For that, I have to try it on for size.... which begs another question... HOW COME EVERYTHING FITS ME PERFECTLY? Surely it must be an annoyance at the very least for hurthlings and orcs to shop for clothes and armor, not to mention bows and swords. What would Goliath have done if he'd had David's sling? Floss, probably.

Ten is probably enough for now. I disagree with adding save/restore functionality. I greatly prefer using the word 'scum' when discussing people who save the game. I have, however, given up on trying to get past level 20 or so without any spoilers... so if you're scumming, I hope you're doing it to provide me with spoilers.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

Good ideas, Kyllion!

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 21 hours, 23 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 02:32 (GMT -5)

*points to Kryllion's post* And there you have it: Living proof that writing on newsgroups, forums, and chat boards need not be a collection of chatspeak, gobbeldygook, and misspellings.

*applauds*

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 14:04 (GMT -5)

w00t!!!! ty 4 ur compalament lollll!!!!!!

~Kryllion~
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 19:16 (GMT -5)

You forgot the "1" at the end of the string of exclamation points, like so:

w00t!!!! ty 4 ur compalament lollll!!!!!!111

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 19:41 (GMT -5)

nuts... you must be an editor.

~Kryllion~

Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at 01:40 (GMT -5)

I like the idea about adding the ability to fill flasks with water and the idea about making your own house. Speaking of the townsepeople, the tiny girl refuses to allow you to switch positions, but the other children do not care. Wonder why that is.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3907 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at 04:12 (GMT -5)

I think that it would be great if Elven weaponsmiths could make elven things like elven platemails out of normal ones.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at 05:29 (GMT -5)

I like Kryllion's idea with the bees, I think they should attack everyone around if they get angry not just the PC

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at 07:10 (GMT -5)

Kryllion: Actually, I'm a beta reader for fan fiction... but it amounts to the same thing as being an editor *g*

I like the idea of giving a farmer an Animated Tree pet. It should only be allowed at higher levels, though; maybe around level 25.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/24/2004 at 07:11 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Anymouse
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at 21:22 (GMT -5)

I think that an interesting idea would be to have an alter to thomas biskup located in a temple that is in the infinite dungeon, somwhere between level 9,000 and 10,000. The level would be a place of perfect peace and tranquility, but it would obviously only be accessible by teleportation.
*me*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 at 06:41 (GMT -5)

Infinite dungeoun 9000-10000??
you would be oh-so dead.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 at 06:49 (GMT -5)

I think that if you have RoTMC all cats should be neutral unless attacked

Anymouse
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 at 22:15 (GMT -5)

You would be able to teleport to that part of the infinite dungeon.
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: