Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ADOM 2 What new do you want?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Anymouse
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 at 22:15 (GMT -5)

You would be able to teleport to that part of the infinite dungeon.
*Majin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 at 02:25 (GMT -5)

I really want new classes, i heard a while back that T. was considering such classes as Samuri/Ninja, Pirate, as well as some others that i can't remeber anymore.
Anyone, is this true?
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5832 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 at 19:02 (GMT -5)

Thomas has said that the only races he will ever include or think about including are hill dwarves, ratlings and night elves (if i recall right...)

About the classes, I don't know or I don't remember... too drunk by now. damn that alcohol-tax decreasement back here in finland hit me like a lightning.

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3608 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 at 09:49 (GMT -5)

I was thinking if a female high elven merchant with charisma and appereance 99(very beautiful) got suddenly naked in front of some male opponents, wouldn't it be a good idea to be paralized/stunned for som turns?
It seems pretty real to me.
For the Horde!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/8/2004 at 09:57 (GMT -5) by Mewto]
Warlod*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

:) it indeed does
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7052 days, 8 hours, 1 minute and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

I was seriously wondering about the male/female thing. I'd imagine if you had a high appearance or charisma (both?) rating, you'd have a greater chance of NPCs and monsters of your race not wanting to slaughter you on sight.

i.e. If I'm a male human thief with sliver tongue and gook looks, etc., you'd imagine that female cutpurses and the like would be less likely to attack me without provocation.

In fact, most 'monsters' of intelligence would probably not want to tangle with stronger PCs in general out of a sense of self-preservation. The smarter ones might intentionally become allies.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1235 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 at 19:36 (GMT -5)

Better protection from Hex-Editing, code diving and the sort. I dont want this game to turn into something Like angband, with Variants coming out the ass, and the way to win totally documented.

I like having a bit of luck and SKILL make or break the game, not if youve read the extensive spoilers.

Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 at 22:17 (GMT -5)

I KNOW! Make adom EXACTLY like real life. Then we can all just live inside the game!

I feel the need to mention that I am being heavily ironic with a dash or two of sarcasm. I wish I didn't have to, but people have been confused by me on this board before. I refer you to my 'love your barbarian' comment :)
NMBLNG
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

I'd like a difference between being chaotic and evil. So I can be a necromancer without all that corruption. And more variety in weapons and armor.

Also, maybe that you can do special moves with weapons one you get your skill high enough. (say 5 for fighters, 10 for warrior-classes, 15 for everyone else) Stabbing with daggers, disarming with swords and whips, stunning with hammers, ect...
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 at 05:45 (GMT -5)

Cut a male with a sword between his legs and I think he won't be fighting for a loong time.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 22 hours, 58 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Hmm... I should like some way to travel quickly through the CoC levels, specifically some sort of recall spell or item (actually, a guaranteed artifact with a decently hard guardian or vault protecting it would be good) that would transport you from the lower levels to somewhere up higher (other than the secret DF passage, anyway). Of course you'd have to be careful not to let it unbalance the game; maybe you have to pre-set both locations (kind of like creating a pair of teleport traps, which is the method all my non-spellcasters use to travel dangerous areas), then have those stay the same for the remainder of the game. That way you couldn't use it every time you got into trouble with a balor or moloch or what-have-you. And it shouldn't work on D:50.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/15/2004 at 12:23 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1235 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

You could just have it as a delayed activation. Like the word of recall scrolls is Angband? ~50 turns would keep you from using it to escape a greater moloch, but not skipping a boring jaunt through the dungeon

BlackDragonIncarnate
Registered user
NotAllThere

Last page view:

7288 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 10:09 (GMT -5)

I read these posts, and by the time I got here I'd forgotten what I was going to say. Awesome, isn't it?

People stabbed in the face don't talk much
     Mostly they just gurgle
          And bleed
    -Black Mage
Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7321 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 at 18:38 (GMT -5)

What i think would be a cool idea is an 'alchemists cookbook' it would work like the Works of Confucus, with a limited amount of readings before turning to dust. The point of this book would be to give the player a random recipe to make a potion, with potions such as healing, poison and cure poison being more common and potions of stat and gain attrib being alot rarer. It could also be possible to find scrolls of 'alchemists recipe' which i suppose would just be a page ripped from the book :)
Any character would be able to learn a few recipes for potions, but those without the alchemy skill would have a penalty, maybe a % chance of the potion not working or even exploding if any ingredients were cursed.

What do you Wish for?_
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 04:13 (GMT -5)

What about a way to make the philophosers stone and the elixir of life, available only to a new class, Alchemist?
For the Horde!
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 04:14 (GMT -5)

I think that the ingredients should be about 10-15 and all very rare(1,2 artifacts, not si, AolS, RoI,etc).
For the Horde!
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6517 days, 8 hours, 53 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 06:21 (GMT -5)

I think the idea of an Alchemist class is pretty cool. Another caster class, with extra abilities in the Alchemy skill starting from level 6 (make any potion, maybe imbue weapons/armour with pre/suffices or something like that), like how Necromancers can do more than other characters who have Necromancy.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 03:17 (GMT -5)

I also thought about being able to adjust the speed of the game. Like you could set the speed normal, like now, or 1 turn= 1 second, or 1 turn= 5 seconds.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3907 days, 12 hours, 30 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 03:57 (GMT -5)

That would make the game too easy to complete before day 90

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 05:00 (GMT -5)

the time in the game woudln't have to do anything with the real time. The only thing I would use the Real Time is only as a measuring unit for a turn in ADOM.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 at 02:07 (GMT -5)

How about if a char steps on a acid trap, and it mutilates him, it could take some points from the Appereance stat?
For the Horde!
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: