Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / ADOM Role-Play

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 20 hours, 18 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 03:07 (GMT -5)

OOC: i've decided that, if the ADOM-2 roleplay isn't going newhere, mebe this one will. i'm not even going to *try* to catch up on what happened, but try to weave in this char's appearance at some point...

IC: With a silent chuckle, Vicear, a smaller-than-average gnome with a very close cropped beard, gently slid a small dagger out of it's sheath -- being worn by a stupid farmer that was simply standing around daydreaming. The farmer didn't notice a thing, and Vicear quietly melted back into the shadows to inspect his new possesion. He compared it with his own knife, and after a moment's thought decided it wasn't worth the hassle of finding somewhere to put it and hurled back in the direction of the farmer. It landed at the farmer's feet, and when the farmer finally noticed it, he decided it had simply slipped out of it's sheath, so he picked it up and put it back.

OOC: Gnomish theif. Just played one; second highest level char i've ever had. Lvl 16, decided to do the Pyramid just a little bit too early... well, that and a baby karmic dragon on the top level did me in.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/1/2002 at 03:08 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 at 22:33 (GMT -5)

OOC: don't forget the OOC's ppl. this thread seems to have a lot of them... ekaterin (hope i spelt that right) yea, i did mean him. who is cormen neways? and yea, there is a thread like that; use the "storyboard" thread. neways, i should get back IC.

IC: Vicear snickered quietly and turned around the corner -- right into the flowing robes of an elf. Startled for about the third time in his life, the punitive gnome stumbled backwards and onto his rump, drawing a short sword as he did. "Stay back!" he growled from the ground -- a rather awkward position from which to be making threats -- "I have a sword and I know how to use it!" He waggled the sword slightly, stood up, brushed himself off, slightly combed his short beard, and then resumed waggling the sword.
The elf was also a bit startled, but couldn't help chucling at the comical display the gnome had put on. "I've no quarrel with you. Although if you don't put that sword away..." His eyes suddenly lit up with the fires that only Mana could light in one's eyes. Electricity crackled about his fingertips "I might."
THe short sword quickly dissapeared into the gnome's scabbard. "So, uh... what do you all want?" he queried, noticing the other figures behind the wizard. "And who are you, anyways?"

OOC: don't really have much else to say... the wizard is Frank, the others are ... uh... whoever you make them, i geuss... bad memory, sorry.

ivan.sourceforge.net
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

7312 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 09:07 (GMT -5)

IC: Frank smiled. "I'm Frank. I saw you steal that knife. It was nice of you to return it."
Vicear thought fast. "Uh, yeah. I already had one, and I didn't feel good about stealing it. So I gave it back. Yeah, that's it."
Frank chuckled. "We're going to rescue the village carpenter. You want to come along?"

OOC: I've given you a choice, Duke. I picture your character as a compulsive thief, stealing from whoever's nearest, but not in a malicious kind of way.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Less twitch, more mental itch - saying by me.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

OOC: good picture. when i played the guy this one's based on, i tried to stay lawful/neutral and pickpocket from lots of ppl.

IC: "I didn't know the village carpenter needed rescueing. I didn't even kow there was a village carpenter for that matter. What happened to him?" Vicear tried to sound sympathetic; he sounded more like there wasn't much else he wanted to do than turn around and run for his life. He was deathly afraid of wizards and magic.
"We don't know. He disappeard a while back, into a cave to the southeast. A high elven Duke went in a while back; unfortunately he returned in a sheet..."
"Ok. No way. I'm not going to my death. Nice talking to you, buddy. I got to go. See you later!" Vicear ran as fast as he could to the far end of the building, where he then dissapeared around the corner.
Frank sighed. "Oh well. So much for that help. We could have done with some stealthly help down there; especially gnomish. They can see really good in the dark, y'know."
As they continued on out of the town, they didn't notice the gnome following them.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7778 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 11:56 (GMT -5)

OOC:Ekratein I think I know whats happened Amanda.She just stopped playin adom or found some other forum to frequent.I was on the ez board forums.She did the same thing there.One fine day just disappeared.Found her later on these forums.
Of course I could be wrong.What happened to the CamTheMan.Something similar I guess.Anyone else wanna take up his charachter.

IC:Messiah stopped and sank to the ground panting."Ssss!If we go any further I'm going to die of walking".
The dark elf sneered at him "What do you mean we've only been walking for a few hours."
Messiah opened his mouth to say something but was cut short by the sound of war hoops.The dark elf pulled Messiah into the bushes.
"Why itsss a band of raiders"said Messiah.
The dark elf glared at the party of whooping raiders.The elf pointed to a man dressed better than the others."That must be the raider lord the sheriff was talking about".The raider lord had an evil calculating look in his eyes.The dark elf drew his axe and his sword"Lets get em"
"Wait"said messiah pulling him back."Those goblins and kobolds will be easier to finish of first.After that you take on the raider lord.Without the leader they wont have much morale to fight us.I'll distract the rest of them.Sneak up and kill the leader.The others will be easy to kill."
The dark elf looked amusedly at Messiah "Are you off your head?How can you take on so many people?Those goblins and kobold will be easy but what bout the rest of the pack?"
With a glint in his eye messiah answered "Dont worry about me.Can you handle the raider lord?"
"Yes" the dark elf replied."But..." before he could say another word Messiah leaped out of hiding and ran towards the first goblin and landed a mighty blow on his head.The air was filled with war shouts as the raiders all rushed at Messiah.CamTheMan didnt waste a second.He ran lightly behind trees until he came right up to the raider lord.He leaped out of cover and rushed madly at the raider lord.Kranach was quick to react.He blocked the sword attack but didnt notice the axe in the otherhand heading right towards his head.The blow hit his shoulder decapacitating his arm.He managed to slash at the elves shoulder.He saw blood flow out of the elves arm.The last thing he ever saw was was a sword going right through his body.His vision faded as he fell with the sword still in him.CamTheMan gave a satisfactory smile.Ignoring his bleeding arm he turned around to see how Messiah had fared.It was a strange sight that met his eyes.He saw Messiah taking his time smacking a few stumbling dazed raiders.The dark elf pushed his sword into one of the raiders."Strange" he thought.The man had been staggering around like he was drunk.He looked up from the corpse at a grinning Messiah."Well!That was fun." he said.CamTheMan's wound had stopped bleeding.The two of them gathered a few bows and arrows they found."Now for the reward" said CamtheMan.With a satisfied look the two trekked back in the direction of Terinyo....

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 20:11 (GMT -5)

OOC: nice hit there cam!! BTW his char's name is Cameron, not CamTheMan.

ivan.sourceforge.net
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 12:08 (GMT -5)

OOC: Duke, I think your character could be manipulated (my, doesn't that sound evil ;) by mentioning treasure. Whatever. We can flesh out the character personalities later.

IC: Frank walked in the front of the group, along with Cormen. Both of them had their heads together, poring over a spellbook.
"But, Frank, that doesn't work." Cormen argued. "The incantantions between Fireball and Improved Fireball are nearly identical. But that doesn't mean anything. Are you saying you could cast an Improved Fireball that won't hurt ANY of us!?"
Frank smiled. "That's the plan, yes. Hopefully we can get it working. We'd need it if someone ambushed us and we had to work close magic."
"That's what Burning Hands are for." Cormen retorted.
"What if we were blind, or something? Being partially surrounded by friends or something, we couldn't use Burning Hands. That spell doesn't distinguish between friend or foe." Frank grins. "Neither does Improved Fireball, but I think I can work something out."
Cormen frowned. "Hmm...maybe it would work. If we incorporate part of Fireball into it, making it not harm friends, instead of not harm user, then it should work."
Frank grinned maliciously, "Want to test it out on me?"
Cormen hesitated, "What if we get it wrong? Won't you get really hurt?"
Frank consoled Cormen, "No, not really. I'm pretty tough, and fire doesn't hurt me much, ever since I ate an ancient red dragon."
Cormen's jaw dropped. "You ATE an ancient red dragon!?"
Frank shrugged it off. "Yeah, it's no big deal. Just wait until I get out of your way, and then you hit me with the biggest fireball you can."
Frank ran ahead a few meters. "OK, hit me!" he yelled.
Everyone, seeing Frank and Cormen concentrating, stopped moving, and watched them.
Cormen cupped his hands, and a small ball of light appeared. It grew bigger and bigger, until it filled both his hands. Then he threw it at Frank.
Frank smiled as the fireball got nearer and nearer. When it hit him, he just stood there. After the Fireball died, he walked back. No one could see anything wrong with him.

OOC: I have to go now, so maybe I'll continue later. If not, why don't one of you pick up the post?

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

7238 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 22:53 (GMT -5)

OOC: newbie here and new member =) this role-play looks interesting.Im gonna add som =)

IC: Moving around the bushes was the Infamous Female Elementalist Lily.She had been on the run from Tywat Pare. Being the Infamous is a pain in the ass.
Lily had watched with great amusment.Frank,being the leader,thinks he's invincable. A thought was brewing her little head. ''Hmmm he thinks he's tough eh? Looks lik im gonna show him whos boss.''
She quickly walked forward until she realized something... The leader looked strangely familair.. She was shocked beyond comprehension...It was her childhood friend!!! How can she face a friend that she considered even more?? She will have to bide her time and use her stealth to overcome their alertness.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/24/2002 at 22:56 (GMT -5) by FierySam]
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 10:43 (GMT -5)

OOC: Yeah, I know it's been a LOOONG time since I've posted here, but, boy, have I been busy. Anyway, I really was waiting for someone else to post, and now that someone has, I'll post again. Hopefully I can get more time to post here. btw, since when have been the leader? I wasn't even close to being the first one on this thread.

IC: The group stood there, staring at Frank. When he reached the group, the spell was broken, and everyone started talking at once.
"Wow, how'd you do that!?"
Frank looked embarrassed.
"Really, it's nothing. Now, let's just find the carpenter and get him back to the village."
Nobody noticed the dark shadows trailing them.

OOC: I picture Lily and Vicear stumbling into one another, and then maybe joining up or something. Hopefully when can get this off of the ground again.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7778 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 14:33 (GMT -5)

OOC: Someone bring me back from the village.I cant post much now.See ya in April.I was just here to keep my memebership alive.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
FierySam
Registered user
Homeless

Last page view:

7238 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 12:24 (GMT -5)

IC:As Lily travelled with them,unknown, she had to be careful about the Raider Lord. She couldnt even hurt him in her encounter so hopefully she can payback that dog! Now the party was near the Village Dungeon when Frank stumbled upon a water trap!
''NO!!!'' came the reply.The water reached what look lik a fluff ball in his sack... slowly it grew.... it was a gremlin!!! It hurried to the cave, being badly seared by the sun.
''So thats what a fluff ball is for...'' mumbled Frank. The team looked at him, waiting for an answer...
'' Well what are we waiting for? Lets rescue the carpenter!'' exclaimd Frank. What Frank didnt know was that gremlin was special.. almost unqiue.. now Frank is bing corruptd step by step.. will Cormen and the others notice? Lily sure did...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/8/2002 at 12:25 (GMT -5) by FierySam]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 13, 2004 at 02:44 (GMT -5)

-------------------------------------------------
HERE LIES THE ADOM ROLE PLAY
MAY IT REST IN PEACE
-------------------------------------------------

Reanimators welcome!
ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the