Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Adom competition

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 7 hours, 56 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 08:30 (GMT -5)

It'd doesn't really matter after which word you put the extra s, I remember testing this sometime and it didn't seem to make any difference
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3584 days, 9 hours, 39 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

Conan has now cleared CoC up to Khelavaster, the dwarven graveyard, pyramid, assassin guild, completed all ancient dwarf quests, found eternium scimitar of penetration (+0, 2d8+8) (!). Has a wand of cold (3 charges) for TotHK. Darkforge is untouched. No !oY found so age is still 50 :(. No AoLS, so Khelly shall die. Rolling nicely...
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5891 days, 17 hours, 52 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

The race is on!

Also, since I'm not going for an ultra ending, is it worth it for any reason to wish for an AoLS to save Khelly? On a related note, is there some way to recharge a Wand of Wishing? I assume you can't just dip it in a Potion of Mana...
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
thedrin#
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 18:19 (GMT -5)

Yes, save him for scrolls of chaos resistance.

No way of recharging.

Gave up. Returned to trying to win with a gnomish farmer.
Portrait
Emerald
Registered user
AVID ADOM FAN

Last page view:

6740 days, 2 hours, 47 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 19:05 (GMT -5)

You can never recharge WoW. But you can always try to get another wand with potion of exchange
Waiting for Jade...
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 21:21 (GMT -5)

Karmic Lizard tension room! I love my Whirlwind...
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3905 days, 7 hours, 56 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 09:45 (GMT -5)

Kirbot: I assume you already know all of this but anyway.

Spoiler

When you save Khelly, he gives 6 blessed SoCR (alone worth about 2 wishes) 4 blessed PoEH (about 1 or 2 wishes) a blessed spellbook of Teleportation and Identify (not bad that either) and also a blessed eternium dagger (which can have pre-/suffixes)

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Rickah
Registered user
Damn cats

Last page view:

6160 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 11:01 (GMT -5)

I'm in.
Lvl 7 dark elf assassin, just got healing. Where to lvl now? :S
The bigger they are, the more bones they break :D
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

Ya, I saved Khelly and got the stuff. I also ate a blink dog along the way and found a Helm of Teleportation, so I got to the Dwarven Mystic. Now I've got something like 10 SoCR all stashed away in the OC. I wrenched the final wish from the wand for another AoLS, for myself. I'd rather not die at this point :)

I also got the RotHK. It was my first time ever in that dungeon, but I got through it alive. Next stop: Water Temple (I think).

[EDIT] Alright, I've secured the Chaos Orb of Water. Next stop would be the ToEF, I think... and I don't have any Rings of Ice! Time for some ID looting...

[EDIT] Woo hoo! I just beat the ToEF! (First time I've ever actually gotten to the ToEF, come to think of it...)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/12/2005 at 18:03 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Portrait
Emerald
Registered user
AVID ADOM FAN

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

I finally manage to get the two rings of ICE and blessed them too! Yay! ^^ I also find 1 RoDs and several goodies, such as seven League and $$$. How's everyone doin?
Waiting for Jade...
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 19:28 (GMT -5)

LOL, I just led the banshee up to the animated forest! Sooo much loot! Wooooo! And when I'm on Coward, even when the banshee hits me, it does about 10 damage! Maybe I can clear out some temples like this...

[EDIT] I've got the RotMC, and am about to enter the Temple of Air...

[EDIT] By the way, is there some way I can gain experience somewhat quickly? My Trollish Barbarian is currently at level 19, and considering my next step is to attack the Temple of Air, I'm feeling a tad bit... inadequate. I've tried hurling stones as molochs with Whirlwind, but all I've gotten is "slightly" damaged. I'm thinking about going back to the Dwarven Halls and chilling out there, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to go about raising my level...?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/13/2005 at 01:06 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Seve
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2005 at 06:09 (GMT -5)

Trolls are really hard race to finish with their huge amount of exp needed to level up.

Even tho that char of yer seems really promissing I suppose someone will beat it with some faster exp gaining race...
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2005 at 09:08 (GMT -5)

IMO level 19 troll barbarian is more than enough for the air temple. Go for it, man!

Conan has now cleared the Darkforge with his nice eternium scimitar or penetration and emptied the pools for 2 wishes (rings of ice, slbs (only got 1 pair!?)) for a total of 3 wishes so far... He has also scummed the mid-deep ID and found enough arrows of dragon slaying to take on the ACW. Oh and he has visited the TotHK cave where he got into a mess.... you can read that from the thread I posted... Conan has also raided the ToEF with incredible ease... Rings of ice, slbs, /oDSlaying are a luxury in the tower! Found a eternium 2-h sword there.... Now Conan is recovering the Snake from Beyond corpse from Waldy's and taking them two chaos corpses to Guth'Alak... Rolling nicely..
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2005 at 21:52 (GMT -5)

The guidebook says that there are intermittent electrical discharges that destroy non-artifact equipment on the Air Temple's level... does that mean I should leave my 7LB, AoLS and Mithril Battle Axe of Devastation behind? I hate to leave the AoLS, but I don't want it getting destroyed randomly...

[EDIT] Whoa... I found another Wand of Wishing... 3 charges, this time! Hmmm... that's 4 wishes... what to wish for, what to wish for...

[EDIT] Awww... "eternium battle axes of devastation" only gave me 4 normal eternium battle axes. Oh well, it was worth a shot...

[EDIT] Alright, I've got the Orb of Air and I just went and cleaned out the Bug Temple. Now for Temple of Earth, I guess.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/14/2005 at 01:54 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

wtf? Just play the lottery, with your luck you could get really rich in no time..
For the Horde!
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 08:20 (GMT -5)

Conan has now cleared the air and earth temples. He tried to fight the cat lord but noticed that it was a suicide. He had to zap a wand of teleportation to get away... Two greater undead vaults were generated and were left untouched. Also two lesser red dragon vaults were generated and one of them was assaulted. The red wyrm there was a tough puppy, but finally fell to arrows of dragon murdering. The other vault has been chewed a bit but the red wyrm there still lives... Now Conan is planning to do the blue dragon caverns!

Btw, I got only... like... 75000 exp off the ancient chaos wyrm! I think it should give lots more...
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 15:06 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I used up several blessed potions of booze to keep recharging my Wand of Cold for that one ;)

Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1232 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

I'll start off with a Dark Elven assassin. Move on to a paladin if he falls, and then we'll see from there.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4075 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 16:09 (GMT -5)

I'm gonna play high elven assassins. Better physical attributes ^^
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

Optrix, my Dark Elven assassin just died to a lightning vortex. My newly found Adamantium longsword and Boomerang combo wasn't enough to slay the thing :/

Things of note. Converted to Lawful pretty early thanks to a white altar that was found. -almost- saved the puppy :)

Died 2 levels below dwarftown, while looking for a chaos rat to slay for the Elders quest.
Portrait
Emerald
Registered user
AVID ADOM FAN

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 18:08 (GMT -5)

YEs! done with the TOEF and got the RoHK! Now more traing is good.

I cant find holy water to bless my cursed Seven League. Hate that lich.

MUst wait for the shops to come to me.
Waiting for Jade...
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 19:02 (GMT -5)

Ladies and gentlemen...

*drumroll*

Conan. L50 human barbarian (M). 28499536 xps. 98031 turns.
Won on 10/15/2005.
He saved the world with his brave efforts and became a great ruler while saving himself 17 times.

**WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!** I did it! I finally freaken did it! I won ADOM with a melee character! I'm so happy... and tired. It's like what 1.45 am here??? That was the best game I've played. I'll send the .flg to the HoF tomorrow... I will also write a little story about Conan's adventures.. Oh gosh, I'm going to bed now. Lol.

I still can't believe I did it. But this doesn't mean the competition is over! Adom melee competition PHASE TWO is about to begin! Who will be the next winner??? (Characters already started will still be in phase two, don't worry). Okay, see ya, .flg will be submitted tomorrow.
Portrait
Emerald
Registered user
AVID ADOM FAN

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 19:14 (GMT -5)

CONgrats ECHO!
I think we have a winner...
I'm almost done... need more holy water more holy water ...
Waiting for Jade...
Kender1
Registered user

Last page view:

6775 days, 1 hour, 53 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 19:21 (GMT -5)

congrats Echo!!
I got stuck with my orcish barbarian, 1st quest was to kill an Undead Dwarven Chaos Berzerker. Couldn't find one, and went a little too deep, lightning lizard, short hallway, zap zap zap zap.

Never share a foxhole with someone braver than you.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 22:03 (GMT -5)

You cant get a quest to kill an undead dwarven chaos beserker... Thats a unique monster in the game. You're either confusing the two seperate quests, or you're using a really old version of Adom
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 18 hours, 24 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 22:05 (GMT -5)

Gah. Well, I've got a human fighter at level 21 with no 7LB, no wishes, no AOLS, no rings of ice, and one fireproof blanket. Khelly died... I've got a strength of 18 because I had to melee undead in the Graveyard... Oh, and he's crowned with Vanquisher. :P Guess it all evens out...

Lemme tell you, though, with next to no defense, Vanquisher is a risky weapon to use. It's two-handed and I can't use a shield with it; my armor isn't that great either. And of course I still haven't trained up my archery to use on the ACW, which makes sense because I haven't got near the gear I need for the ToEF either. *sigh*

I'm gonna go get the RotHK now, and after that scum for rings of ice and fireproof blankets...

Scariest moment so far: Disarmed by a master swordsman. Vanquisher got picked up by a berserker king and used on me!! Thankfully I killed them both with a few zaps from a wand of fireballs.

Oh, and there was the time I got that Titan in the Arena; I was only saved because I used my wand of monster creation to keep beasties between it and me while I waited for my teleportitis to kick in... next time I shall fight in the Arena only until I get the Gladius!
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/14/2005 at 22:09 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 22:58 (GMT -5)

Hehe. I had an Ancient shadow wyrm pitted against me in the arena one time. That tought me the lesson really quick.

I started up a Draking Paladin. I never play this class, but its going pretty well.

Got a good selection of weapons, and found a ring of damage. Got a bunch of arrows thanks to a tension room of kobolds.

Found the puppy corpse, poisoned. No idea what did Kenny in, as I didnt see anything that could poison down there. Simple Undead vault on that level, always my favorite.

Right now im eating my quesidilla, then its back to hunting for Keethrax (:
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 23:38 (GMT -5)

I still got my second Wand of Wishing with 1 charge left, and Mithril Battle Axe of Devastation still intact. I found a tension cluster (It was in a cavern level?) of molochs, and with blessed 7LBs I was dancing around them like mad, and rarely got attacked myself. 24 molochs so far. The last few barely tipped my Trollish Barbarian "Golgath" up to level 21. Five corruptions so far, but no really evil ones yet, like poison hands or unholy aura.

Please keep in mind, this is the first character I've ever gotten to the ToEF with, let alone through it and to this point. I am feeling rather good.

Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 at 21:08 (GMT -5)

Draking paladin bit the dust to a Diamond Golem in the 2nd level of the Dwarven Halls. Ouch.

That was after he picked up a Barbed eternium spear, an admantium tower shield, and some other nice things.

I never like going through the forest, takes too long, i usually get stuck, and then i have to fight my out through super leveled trees :/

Guess ill fire up a Barbarian next...Hurthling! hehe
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5995 days, 18 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

Hm.. I'm having a stalemate situation - my 12 level DE paladin is trying to get precrowned on DD:4. The problem is food - he mostly is forced to eat 'divine mana', and he cannot amass piety fast enough to get precrowned...
Altar is neutral, my pal is NL (for precrowning), has marble amulet... I think I'll try changing altar to chaotic, and try sacing animals?
I would try a lawful precrown if I only had a 'calm monster' to keep alignment LN.
Plus I cannot kill duid yet because of Black Torc, I cannot go to CoC becaus of Si, and in general - because I'm greedy, and don't wanna loose a potential artifact of two (I'm aiming at 3 precrowns by now).
Ubi patria ibi bene!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/19/2005 at 16:16 (GMT -5) by Nchurmdaz]
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: