Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Adom competition

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

5994 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

Hm.. I'm having a stalemate situation - my 12 level DE paladin is trying to get precrowned on DD:4. The problem is food - he mostly is forced to eat 'divine mana', and he cannot amass piety fast enough to get precrowned...
Altar is neutral, my pal is NL (for precrowning), has marble amulet... I think I'll try changing altar to chaotic, and try sacing animals?
I would try a lawful precrown if I only had a 'calm monster' to keep alignment LN.
Plus I cannot kill duid yet because of Black Torc, I cannot go to CoC becaus of Si, and in general - because I'm greedy, and don't wanna loose a potential artifact of two (I'm aiming at 3 precrowns by now).
Ubi patria ibi bene!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/19/2005 at 16:16 (GMT -5) by Nchurmdaz]
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5148 days, 4 hours, 16 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 at 06:25 (GMT -5)

You can go to the CoC, the SI is AFTER the arena.

L precrown is easy, you will NOT go to L+ from saccing alone, so unless you do something extra-good you will remain at L (and not get a regular crowning, LN is not needed)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/20/2005 at 06:27 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5891 days, 6 hours, 33 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 at 21:01 (GMT -5)

Golgath the Trollish Barbarian (he's still alive!) has acquired all elemental orbs of chaos, but wets himself whenever he thinks about going to D:50. So now I'm wandering somewhere around ID:34 in hopes of finding good equipment and good experience. Level 26, hopefully 27 shortly. I need to just go in and win...

[EDIT] WOO HOO! I found a few nice threatening rooms and got Golgath up to level 33. And I just found a THIRD WoWi! With 5 charges! YAAAAAaaaa...!
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/20/2005 at 23:24 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

3583 days, 22 hours, 20 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 at 03:25 (GMT -5)

That sounds great, man! Don't mess this up. Spend those wishes wisely. Remember to take care of corruption! (Remember unicorn quest? It's unlocked now that you're over level 30). I'd recommend saving a few wishes for D:50. You never know what happens there. Be extremely careful when fighting the ghost lords!! Use ammo of undead slaying or fight in coward tactics. Got any undead slaying weapons? Use them. Remember to throw a potion of uselessness on D:49, if you have one. Take care of your PC's age. Hopefully you have a potion of youth for the final fight. Bless it! Trust me you'll do fine. If you have any SoFS, bless them and read them on D:50. Command your possible companions to slay the ghost lords. Whatever you do don't fight the ghosts in berserk tactics!:D You probably got at least wand of destruction, ya? Remember the WoD ending?? Makes things a lot easier and safer. If you haven't cleared the bug temple yet, do it! Use wands of door creation to block out the killer bugs. Have some booze to recharge the wand. Grab those SoCRs and bless 'em.;) Good luck!

Sorry for the long preach :P
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

Echo, this is not a spoiler section. You should at least use black frame for spoilers.
Ubi patria ibi bene!
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
I've already cleared out the bug temple and killed the Greater Black Unicorn (I haven't gone back to Yruirr for the corruption cure yet, I'll do that after I close the gate). And actually, I don't think I have any wands of destruction. Perhaps I should wish for some? I used 2 of the wishes for AoLS (I go through those things *too* fast). That's four wishes left. I also got two PoEx and two PoGA by giving potions of booze to the Terinyo drunk! I left it last night doing one last "selling spree" to clear out all my unncessary junk at the Dwarftown store. Also, should I wish for a potion of uselessness to throw on D:49? Sort of like wishing for a potential artifact?

Oh, and I achieved Grand Mastery with Slings, using Whirlwind. The best thing about slings, I think, is that you have potentially unlimited ammo, if you have a pickaxe :D Almost have Grand Mastery with Axes using my Mithril Battle Axe of Devastation (+8 5d6+11), with some Eternium Battle Axes as backup. As long as I keep an AoLS on at all times, I think I can beat D:50...

Oh yeah, and I also had to clear out the Mana Temple completely to get at the Chaos Arch-Mage. Such a wuss. Cost me 10 Blessed PoUH. Two AoLS. About three corruptions. Nasty place... Blessed Ancient Mummy Wrappings are supposed to be death ray resistant, right? Because whenever he cast death ray, it cut down more than half of my hp. I didn't dare put on an AoDRR, since I didn't dare take off my AoLS. I found him in the dark and beat the pulp out of him, though, after using a wand of detect monsters.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 at 16:07 (GMT -5)

I didn't remember this was spoiler-free zone :P. Sorry.

Spoiler
Yeah I think you should wish for !oUselessness and \oDestruction. Be sure to have some source of teleportation and tele-control for the destruction ending.
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 at 17:02 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I think I have plenty of wands of teleportation and some scrolls. And I've had teleport control for awhile (tasty Blink Dogs). I'll see if I can try that after I get home from school this evening.

Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4074 days, 23 hours, 4 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 at 18:20 (GMT -5)

The ancient mummy wrapping does give death ray resistance. If this were not the case, the death rays would've killed you instantly, not just eaten more than half of your HP ;)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ADOM crashed and didn't save the game! I walked up to Thrundarr and asked to talk about "quest" just for the heck of it, and Windows popped up that "Do you want to send an Error Report?" thing! ARRRRGH...

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 44 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 05:09 (GMT -5)

you just witnessed the next generation form of RNG, a sort of mutant RNG.hhh, it messes with Windows now
For the Horde!
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 11:19 (GMT -5)

I am sorry. That happens. But let us remember it's just a computer game. :)
Portrait
Nchurmdaz
Registered user
Goblin flash mobber

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 11:30 (GMT -5)

Allways backup. Feel free to restore from not-very-new backups in case of an operational system crash. However, saving every time ypu end your day's gaming session is adviced (by me:)
Ubi patria ibi bene!
tongHoAnh
Registered user
adoomed

Last page view:

6633 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

Or just save everything, like what I do with me precious 3.4GB of data. Imagine you have a harddriver crash next time.
My RL dumpyard:

http://www.geocities.com/ceruleannebula/index.html
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

Oh well. At least now I know it's possible to get that far. Sucked by Chaos into an endless void that is Windows XP... poor Golgath...

I should have created a backup, but then there would have been the temptation to save scum. For whatever reason, though, I think Windows ADOM is more buggy... Just 'cuz it's XP. Maybe I should play it on Linux from now on.

[EDIT] Perhaps I will try more spellcasters, now that I know how useful they will be later on :)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/22/2005 at 16:09 (GMT -5) by Kirbot]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3762 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 21:59 (GMT -5)

Meh, I'm out--my fourth try just got killed by the ACW. Good luck to the rest of you :)
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1891 days, 17 hours, 54 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 16:49 (GMT -5)

Can i still enter eventhough someone already won. I am late but I would like to give it a shot

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/26/2005 at 16:50 (GMT -5) by Naiyor]
Portrait
Emerald
Registered user
AVID ADOM FAN

Last page view:

6739 days, 15 hours, 29 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 18:03 (GMT -5)

NOOOO!!! QUICKLING LICH! Start over time...
How's everyone doing? I really dont like the character choices for this competition. Can we start another?
Waiting for Jade...
Echo
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 at 06:07 (GMT -5)

Well, since this one has been won, I think it's time for a new competition! How about a specific race/class combo? Troll druid?!
Portrait
Naiyor
Registered user

Last page view:

1891 days, 17 hours, 54 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 at 09:15 (GMT -5)

What about any race but limited to druid class?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5148 days, 4 hours, 16 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 at 09:27 (GMT -5)

Check out my new thread - if you're interested.
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: